User
Pass
2FA

[Broken Isles, Legion Dungeons] Enemy health differs from DB on the surface

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message164
darkleep

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-10-2019 17:24)

Post Posted: 29-10-2019, 04:42:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Bug description: I attacked a 2.6m enemy with my lv110 warlock using Kiljaeden's trinket. The damage shown was 1.1m yet the enemies' health dropped by about 1.6m, about 45% more than expected. I checked that particular enemy in the database (https://www.wow-freakz.com/npc_finder.php?npc=89802&name=hatecoil-skrog) and surprisingly, ingame health is 45% higher than at the website.

This test was done on various other NPCs around the Broken isles, and a couple of times on Mythic Dungeons too, with similar results.

This leads me to believe that when they increased enemies' health last month, it only increased on the surface. They die just as fast as before!

How to test it:
- Go to broken isles with a 110 character
- Pick an NPC with enough health to tank 2 attacks and that cannot self heal or receive more damage after attacking it.
- Compare its in game health with its database entry
- Attack it once with a spell enough to deal a good % of damage to it.
- Compare damage dealt (shown as a yellow number flashing for a second, recorded in your combat log or with addons such as recount) with enemy health reduced

Proof:
IMG: https://i.imgur.com/eAzrcgW.jpg

Skrogs have 2609451 HP in game, and 1794793 HP in the database.

If it actually had 2609451, my trinket should drop its health down to 1496251, a 57% of its maximum health.
If we were to imagine that its actual max health is 1794793. my trinket would drop its health down to 681593, a 38% of its maximum health, which is the % left on that poor Skrog (which was then dealt with swiftly and painlessly) on my screenshot.

No Skrogs were harmed during my testings other than the ones i ruthlessly murdered.

Last edited by darkleep on 29-10-2019, 04:44:42; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 29-10-2019, 09:17:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello darkleep,

Several enemies with scaling health, both in dungeons and in the open world, currently have broken health values on their portraits, making their health seem larger than it really is.

The result is as you described, the enemy loses more health from getting attacked than you supposedly do them. (i.e you did 1.1M damage (the correct number) but the enemy visually loses 1.6M to compensate for the overestimated health value).

This is also good to test with the Details! Damage Meter (Recount and Skada don't pick this up correctly), where you will see that the enemy is already dead, even though you (and your group as a whole) supposedly did less damage than the enemy had health according to its portrait.

This has already been reported in the past, it's confirmed to be only a visual bug (was tested on various NPCs and bosses both on the test realm and on Felsong): https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-Mythic-mode-Wrong-scaling-for-some-bosses-with-new-HP-t564161.html

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 12:39:35
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x