User
Pass
2FA

Custom Event: The Eternal Travelers | Changelog | Bugs | Suggestions
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Show all posts
Author Message19335
Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 02-06-2021, 09:06:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Custom Event : The Eternal Travelers

This topic mainly serves as a place where the community can provide feedback / report issues related to the event.

We'll update the changelog below only after the fix is live.

Changelog | Bugs | Suggestions

Format:
Quote:
WoW Freakz Link:
Description:
Proof:

You must delete the cache folder in order for your client to be able to display properly some of the new changes.

Season 4:
  • Health and Damage @ Heroic Difficulty have been increased by 5%.

• Arcanist's Manasaber is now sold by Melanie Fray.

• Allanon Ravenscar now sells trinkets and fingers as well.

• Master Noah now sells a BoA container. (it can be used to transfer echoes of power to alts at a ratio of 8:4)

• Added a mailbox in the Ruins of Khintaset.

• You can now instantly relog in the Ruins of Khintaset.

• Time Paradox now deals 45% (was 30) of Max Health as arcane damage.

• Bristling Power now gives 5% (was 10) increase per stack.

• Time Shift now gives 2% (was 10) increased haste and 5% (was 10) increased movement speed.

• Time Stop is now casted 60 seconds after the instance has started, then it repeats each time a guardian dies.

• Guardians of Time are now frozen, after every Time Stop, one of the four guardians becomes active.

• Rescue Mission has been turned into a daily quest for both factions and now requires 12 (was 20) captives to be rescued.

• WANTED: Withered Covenant has been added to the daily quests pool.

• Honorbound / 7th Legion representatives have been removed from the Ruins of Khintaset. LFR Vendors have taken their place in the tents.

• End of Dungeon caches now have a chance to drop Rajani Insignia / Uldum Accord Insignia.

• The daily satchel no longer contains currencies. Daily quests now reward random currencies such as Corrupted Mementos / Coalescing Visions / Honorbound Service Medal / 7th Legion Service Medal / War Resources.

• Scrubber 500R only heals Withered Fiends, also, both have a chance to drop azerite energy now.

• Nether Ray appears only twice instead of 3 times now.

• Ashran Prowess now lasts 60 seconds. (was 25)

• Various drop chances, amounts and groups related to containers have been slightly adjusted.

• Damage and Health of creatures have been increased by 25%. (Note: as we progress through the season, the event is likely to increase in difficulty a bit more)

• Normal dungeons now require a minimum item level of 390. (was 355)

• Heroic dungeons now require a minimum item level of 415. (was 370)

• Sands of Time now has 6% chance to drop on Heroic. (was 5)

• Echo of Power, a new item, has been introduced - it is used to buy BFA gear from vendors.

• Echo of Reality is now used exclusively for epic cosmetics / mounts.

• Echo of Time amount from daily quests / heroic caches has been increased from 3 to 4.

• Satchel of Infinite Mysteries now also drops Coalescing Visions x800, Corrupted Mementos x800.

• Benthic Tokens (385) are no longer contained in treasures, they have been replaced with Black Empire Tokens (410-415).

• Magical Ogre Idol, Carved Ogre Idol now have a chance to drop from Bastion of Twilight Caches.

• Heritage of the Shu'halo no longer requires the completion of the war campaign.

• Fixed an issue where Withered Fiends could not be summoned by the mini boss in Suramar Catacombs.

• Nether Ray: Damage dealt increased by 30%. Damage taken increased by 50%. (During Corporeality)

• Grand Astromancer Zemo: Damage dealt increased by 60%. Damage taken increased by 100%. (During Corporeality)

• The ilvl of gear sold by this vendor has been increased from 430 to 460.

• Melanie Fray now sells: Ensemble: Chronoscryer's Finery, Ensemble: Riftscarred Vestments, Ensemble: Epoch Sentinel's Mail, Ensemble: Timewarden's Plate (10x Echo of Reality).

• Melanie Fray now sells: Lucid Nightmare (30x Echo of Reality), Stormcrow (40x Echo of Reality).

• Daily and Weekly quests are now shareable.

• The amount of Suramar Catacombs completions required for weekly quests has been reduced to 1. (Note: Endless Halls will soon join the objectives)

• Normal: Eternal Traveler now rewards: 400x Titan Residuum (was 4k), 4x Echo of Power, 200x Echoes of Ny'alotha

• Heroic: Eternal Traveler now rewards: 800x Titan Residuum (was 8k), 8x Echo of Power, 200x Echoes of Ny'alotha

• Daily Time Chests now reward: 50x War Resources (was 50-70), 200x Azerite (was 200-400), 8x Prismatic Manapearl (was 3-5), 50x Corrupted Mementos, 200x Gold (was 100-300).

• Normal Dungeon runs now reward 60x Echoes of Ny'alotha.

• Heroic Dungeon runs now reward 120x Echoes of Ny'alotha.

Previous seasons:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Power on 03-12-2021, 14:31:48; edited 21 times in total
2 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 02-06-2021, 21:04:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Emilia wrote:
I ran the dungeon today and my DH +magic dmg taken debuff is not appearing on any of the mobs in here.

If you have ever attended the event on the test realm while it was in development, you should clear the cache folder.

Looks fine for me on both realms: https://imgur.com/a/eWhGrn7

Dragosh12 wrote:
This is "fun". You have a new character that you plan on gearing, and normally once you get 120 you start doing warfronts for a gear boost.
Now, warfronts are dead, so naturally you want to try this replacement thing.
You got a bit of gear (meaning I have 340ilvl) and search for premades. You find 3-5 almost always but ALL of them require you to have 400+ ilvl.
No one, and i mean NO ONE will accept your applcation with less than 400+.
So then what is the point of this event besides getting mounts? To clearly make low gear people unable to gear fast or faster than normal and to force them into the cash shop.
Either that or people on this server are retarded since they clearly don't know the difference between normal/heroic/mythic.

My suggestions:
If you are making an event that replaces a core mechanic of the game (I.E getting geared for dungeons/m+) then you should not add mounts or end game content on that same event. Either that or make the rewards in a different manner, like 1 dungeon for gearing and 1 for mounts with the reward marks appropriate for that specific reward. That way you make end game people who are already geared and want to go for mounts have separate runs from people who just want to gear up in order to do what the others do.

Well, the event is intended to be a lot more than just a replacement for warfronts - it has a lot more content, it is giving better rewards and it's removing most of the RNG.

If you can't find a group for normal (in the first day), then it probably means that ~everyone is trying to push mythic and discover all the features / get more rewards, etc. They will start farming on lower chars once they are done with their "geared characters".

Also, gearing in BFA sounds like a you problem (anyone can compete with the "donated" players and attain the same gear ilvl), you won't be invited in a mythic10 (equivalent to heroic) or mythic15 (equivalent to mythic) neither at that item level.

The zones have a lot of buffs, you just need to use them and you'll be reaching 100k DPS on a 340ilvl. (that's what makes the event fun, using the buffs to kill stuff faster or survive)

So, at this point, just start your own normal group or make friends that are willing to play with you and gear your characters in Normal difficulty. (i.e: find a guild that can help you)

Anyone can do these dungeons and get almost the same rewards, the only difference is that it may take longer for you to get cosmetics / mounts since you need to focus on buying gear first from the vendors.

Ayro wrote:
WoW Freakz Link: Ancient Spirit & Lantern of Darkness
Description: You get 10 ticks of Lantern of Darkness instead of 12 during 6 seconds. As a side note, the damage is very substantial making you unable to get more than one mob
Proof: https://imgur.com/a/n3LoixF

You can use any form of CC (except interrupt) on those mobs, if you are going for a big pull here, you should use your stuns / pushbacks / blinds / etc - we thought about it when testing and came to the conclusion that it's more engaging and fun this way.

I'll think about changing it a bit on lower difficulties but it's doable anyway - just use your classes.

1 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 03-06-2021, 13:21:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

uffi wrote:
Regarding Caverns of time.
I went into mythic (so this may not apply to normal/heroic idk), if you are not planning to buff this content hp/dmg vise in future patches duo to player gear increase and you intent on keeping it on this level disregard what i will type here but if you intent to further buff it...

Everything was as good as it can be from something custom like this, you get some pog buffs while you fight things (i instantly associated it with torghast) , they have slows, ccs, they do nice damage to whole party, to tank, there is time stop thingy that baboozles you once and you laugh it of and continue.
But than you get to the last boss (in quite a bit of time i must say) and you get annihilated by 10 overlapping mechanics.
If you don't dodge the swirling thing and it does 80% of your HP must you really take that knock up also?
Why is there that gold thing on the floor, since when is limiting players space hard? It's not hard it's annoying. Reduce it a bit. The dot part is hard, so you can't even stack two if you are running out of space w/o the immunity.
If you get hit by blind you are dead. You might as well just make it do bzillion damage by itself and be main boss mechanic cus if you take it there is not a slightest chance of you surviving cus you will be killed by the next ability. (again overlapping, not hard, it's annoying)
The one with the shield and interupt i like but even that does 50% dmg per tick, like... must it?
On top of everything some random adds spawning (10 different variations of them). In tries we did i must have died from some but i had no idea what they did and how they kill people, totally unnecessary imho.
The little orbs red and green ones.. like... ok?
The damage part was cool, you get buffed but it lasts like... 10 sec? - haha cute.

And that Bwonsamdi buff, what's the deal with that. Someone in our party talked with him, i have no idea what we gained as "help" but i damn sure know what the cost was. Somehow it disappeared (someone maybe turned it off) and we did the boss normally without having to deal with adds and that sucking mechanic. (This really looked like ybait for me, no idea what we got.)

Anyways tl;dr THERE IS TOO MUCH STUFF!!!!! if i was to pick one thing (or two i guess) i would remove the adds (or at least make only one kind spawn) and remove one form of CC. Overlapping is not fun, it never will be. The damage is already punishing enough. Each boss has hard mechanics and oneshot mechanics. This one on the other hand has 3 oneshot mechanics and 5 annoying ones.

But good job for making content, mounts are cool for those who collect them, and i guess gear is consistent if you have the will to get it. It will be there for the whole expansion, it's a grind and i get that, so difficulty is alright (but annoying, did i say this enough? ) if you don't plan on increasing it with the next patches (maybe a bit in 8.3).

Cheers.

The event will be buffed and receive notable features and rewards every time a new PvE season starts.

Genesis is the only real boss from this instance, it's supposed to be a bit more special and require "coordination", I will try to explain what you should do in this fight:

• Wrath of the Light only gets applied on healers and it's really easy to dodge. The knock in the air comes from the Tree of Life which may be summoned at 90% HP. (don't stay on the tank to avoid the knock + dmg, only he should get it)

-> tell your healer to stay away from the melee range at least until the tree is killed

• Cleansing Flames only targets DPS and can be interrupted / outranged. (you must "do" this mechanic only when the Wrath Ember is alive, since you cannot interrupt the boss then)

-> run from the flames, they will get placed behind you

• You just need to turn away from the boss when it casts blind, you can set the boss to focus to see that when you're fighting another mob.

• If the first mob summoned from the portal was "holy themed", at 50% HP, the boss will cast genesis and summon 6 red orbs - after the cast is finished one orb becomes green. (killing a green orb will make another orb turn from red to green)

-> The tank should take the boss away and you should focus only on killing green orbs (one by one) until all are dead - that's when you can burst the boss with the wings buff

-> If you kill a red orb, boss heals for 10% health.

-> If you bring the boss to 20% HP and the red orbs are still alive, she will heal for 10% health from each red orb alive.

• If the first mob summoned from the portal was "nature themed", at 50% HP, the boss will cast genesis and summon 5 mutated vinewardens.

-> You must kill them one by one, because they heal to full health when another mob dies - also they become powerful (after all of them are dead, boss becomes vulnerable and you can take it down easier)

• You have all this space to deal with the Sacred Ground.

-> don't stack it (you can take 0-1 stacks from it if you keep moving when placing it), just place it on the sides or far away from the boss - don't trap yourself...

-> this ability is not casted in important phases so it's not hard at all

* the only problems with this spell are that it's 1y larger than the visual and that it's not removed after the boss evades / dies. (if you step on it while boss is not engaged, you'll pull it) I'll try to fix this as fast as possible

The buff from bwonsamdi is optional and it increases your absorbs, damage and healing done by 20% per stack. You loose a stack if you are the first one to die.

(the rest of the players that die while they have this buff and while they are near Bwonsamdi / reaping mobs already won't loose a stack)

-> but it was nerfed today and doesn't summon adds as long as there are still adds alive from the previous proc.

Kamkuzan wrote:
First of all congrats on the event i enjoyed it this far, Bastion of twilight is on par with a retail made dungeon. What i dont like though is the RNG side for the sockets , maybe make it so we can buy them with the [Echo of Reality]. And another think that would make this more awesome will be to make [Echo of Reality] account bind, one problem with BFA is not alt friendly at all and this could help.

Thanks but I'm afraid the chance of the sockets/tertiary cannot be increased more than 3% (HC) and 4% (Mythic) - it's already a lot.

You can get almost the same rewards (amount of echoes, etc) on alts by doing the event on normal. What I may do is add more gear sources like BoE items that drop from bosses.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 03-06-2021, 14:32:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

simple-explanation wrote:
CoT guardians give no % when killed. Is this intended?

Yes, they are a separate objective.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 03-06-2021, 21:26:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@ "it takes too much to fill the progress bar in caverns of time"

I am going to increase the amount you get from mini bosses and some elites, killing them will be worth now.

pi4ork wrote:
I tried the event it's interesting better then warfronts for sure but in my opinion is way to hard even on normal difficulty will you guys nerf it? at least on normal difficulty?

Does it feel hard on normal because of the HP/DMG or because of certain boss mechanics ? Can you give some examples please ?

Last edited by Power on 03-06-2021, 21:28:04; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 04-06-2021, 00:54:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Erudax wrote:
First boss of BoT deals a ridiculous amount of shadow damage on melee attacks (which active mitigation is more or less useless against). Mythic difficulty.
Void Hunter or whatever the add's name is from the 2nd BoT boss needs some cast or indication when it will spawn the tornado. Suddenly finding yourself back to the bottom of the stars from chain knockbacks isn't fun. Also the shivarra as well as the large hellhounds before the 2nd boss have bad visual indictors on their abilities, they hit way beyond the visual radius (Burning Leg Sweep and Shivarra's explosion upon death).

Imo the minibosses in CoT should give much more % than they do now, you have no reason to do them, save for like Bwonsamdi bargain (but it's not really worth going for since you have to pull the lantern guys).

Fixed everything, will be live at the next restart tomorrow.

Edit: There has been a restart but the fixes are still not live yet - will be applied at the next one.

Last edited by Power on 04-06-2021, 11:21:45; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 05-06-2021, 12:19:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

AnatoliVD wrote:
Hello can't you put on this Eternal Traveler event any easy quest am don't have more time to farm this dung 4 time for this quest ty.

You have an entire week to do it, it takes more or less ~30 minutes to complete a dungeon. (like any other BFA dungeon)

xilliden wrote:
This event is really fun and is far more better then warfronts (even torgest) but I have suggestion for rewards since you add some unobtainable transmog item like wod transmog weapon s witch are great and it would be greater if you add legion class mounts witch are unatinable now and it can save time for devs since they don't need to fix the quest you can also add the codex of xorath aka warlock green �� and even artifact challenge main appearnce but that's too much I know for now this event is good but needs some change like lowering the amount of ecos for items to 3 (if that is possible) and adding something similar to mal (that ogre guy) to cot to Make it little bit better but that's ok ty for adding this awesome event .

And another thing�� where are hidden chests exactly?

We have thought about adding class mounts to the event in season 3 (8.2) or 4 (8.3).

*The questline & scenario for the warlock green fire are being re-scripted by another Dev, should be fixed soon.

You can choose which item to buy with echoes, for example, being able to buy 1x azerite piece with the exact powers you want per week is more than enough. There is no RNG for that, so it needs to stay balanced somehow, otherwise the game would be too easy.

Caverns of Time should take less time to be completed if you kill the mini bosses (they give a lot more % progress) but that fix will be live at the next restart. (probably Monday, it's unlikely that there will be a restart in this weekend)

Right now I'm focusing on finishing the other two instances (Moon Guard Stronghold & Endless Halls) - after that I'll try to add more daily and weekly quests that send you in these dungeons to complete certain objectives for more AP or consumables, etc.

The "hidden chests" are usually spawned behind or on top of things, you can't really see them at first sight - you have too look for them. They give 35 war resources. You can loot one per day from each instance.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 06-06-2021, 00:18:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dwynen wrote:
WoW Freakz link: --
Character name: Royd
Bug description: Today i got a [Sands of Time] item and the quest started normally, but when i went to the npc to exchange it for the Socket/Tertiary-stat enhancement item, it didn't let me choose, and the quest completed without giving me any item. I opened a ticket and reported here, but i don't know what to do to get the item back.
Proof:

It looks like everything went fine: https://imgur.com/a/fsayVTB

I tried to reproduce the issue and it always forces me to choose an item, we can't help you if you don't have any proof.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 06-06-2021, 01:04:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dwynen wrote:
Power, i don't have any proof since i obviously couldn't know beforehand that was gonna happen in order to, i don't know, record a video of something, but if you check the server logs or the db you will see that i completed the quest and didn't get any item in my inventory. Please, i really want to ask you guys to review my case, cause this item is a very rare drop and i would really hate to see it wasted because of some bug. I opened a ticket right away and sent a message to Skye informing of what happened and i've been all day struggling for you guys to check on it -.

Sorry, currently we don't record logs for the custom items from the event. I don't see how it could bug that way, there haven't been other similar reports.

You could have taken a screenshot of the chat history when the quest was completed (showing the items that were granted or not). Without any proof it can also mean that you have used the item enchant already.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 07-06-2021, 16:20:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Dwynen wrote:
I would add, as a suggestion, that these enhancement item may be added to the reward npc for 5 Echoes like the rest of the stuff?

Sorry, the tertiary/socket upgrade items will remain as a special / "hard" to get reward.

simple-explanation wrote:
Tried BoT mythic after the lastest server restart.

Second boss reset midfight -

https://streamable.com/432m35

Are you sure it happens every time ? I think it's because you used Feign Death right when the Void Hunter appeared and it didn't have time to enter in combat with everyone - telling the boss to evade since it thought you wiped.

I'll try to fix that but it doesn't seem critical - it can still be completed until the next restart (probably tomorrow).

1 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 08-06-2021, 23:21:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://www.wow-freakz.com/item_finder.php?item=700004&&name=sands-of-time&&_f=item

4% = Mythic, 3 = Heroic, doesn't drop on normal. If it drops in a week, it cannot drop anymore until the weekly reset.

1 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 14-06-2021, 15:07:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ionutzmovie wrote:
Would be nice if both custom dungeons would reward an achievement, https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=12881/war-is-hell for n bot, https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=13737/heroic-war-is-hell for hc bot and https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=13297/war-for-the-shore for n corand https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14150/heroic-war-for-the-shore for hc cot. Since they are thought as a replacement for warfronts, and those achievements will always be unobtainable, that would be a nice touch added to the event.

Would also be nice to add a shorter and faster dungeon/quest with smaller reward, scenario-like, for those who want a snappy experience (if they have less time to play or login, something to entice them to login), maybe an idea would be recycling some old freakz events like https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Custom-Event-The-Shadow-World-t552920.html or https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Custom-Event-The-Secrets-of-Skyreach-t586527.html might be another idea.

Those achievements do not reward anything significant - they are pointless for most players.

The old events from Legion have not been ported to BFA and we do not intend to do that. Instead, there are 2 other new instances coming soon™ (a big 10-man raid and a very short 3-man scenario) - I have delayed their release a bit to be able to work on implementing additional zone features, boss mechanics and ways to obtain rewards through daily quests, etc.

Spoiler:

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 24-06-2021, 15:23:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tegri wrote:
Suggestion

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the vendor. Can we make the vendor refund our 'Echo of Reality' if we accidentally buy the wrong item? Just happened to me. And I have tried to sell it back but no luck. There exists this kind of vendor, right? The vendor refunds our emblem if we mistakingly buy the wrong item.

Thanks for the event.

It already works that way but not for all items, only some rewards were designed by blizzard as refundable. Unfortunately, I cannot modify all the event items to be refundable since there are hundreds...

You currently get a confirmation box for each item so I guess it's pretty much enough.

Spoiler:

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

Post Posted: 02-07-2021, 15:26:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Looks like there were no daggers in the warfront caches for alliance. We will add the missing 7th Legionnaire / Honorbound weapons in the 8.2 version of the vendor. (Soon)

0 0

Skye

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 76

Post Posted: 03-07-2021, 09:12:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
Upon cleansing a beacon, the players are restored to full health. In addition, their damage done and healing done are increased by 50% and their speed is increased by 25% for 30 seconds.

After activating a Light Beacon and then using Bestial Wrath, the Branded debuff from the player is sometimes removed.

https://streamable.com/oezvvi

Quote:
Falling in the lava inflicts increasing fire damage.

The rate of the damage could be increased so that players who falls into the lava could die faster. It currently takes too long if you're at full HP.

Last edited by Skye on 03-07-2021, 09:13:08; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 28 January 2022 10:56

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 03:05:12
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x