User
Pass
2FA

[Demon Hunter] [Havoc] Eye beam VS haste

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents
Show only staff posts
Author Message808
Fanca

[Super-Moderator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 15

Post Posted: 21-05-2020, 14:03:49 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=198013&&&&name=eye-beam
Bug description: I was playing those days, and noticed something weird. It seems that when you pass a certain point of haste percentage ( let me state here that I am playing with blind fury talent which means 15 ticks by default ) the ticks are under 15. Couple other things of note here. First, before haste, Eye Beam lasts 2.0s baseline and 3.0s with Blind Fury. The cast time in the tooltip accounts for whether you have Blind Fury or not, so you don’t add another second on top of that.

Second, if you have Demonic, your Eye Beam will also cast with the benefit of the 25% haste from Meta form even though that Eye Beam is what’s triggering Meta.

As an example, let’s say you have 20% haste from haste rating on your gear (requires 6668 haste rating). If you do not have Blind Fury or Demonic, your Eye Beam will take 2.0 / 1.20 = 1.67s to channel, and will tick 10 times over that duration (every 0.17 seconds). If you have Blind Fury but not Demonic, your Eye Beam will take 3.0 / 1.20 = 2.50s to channel and will tick 15 times over that duration (also every 0.17 seconds). If you have Demonic and Blind Fury, your Eye Beam will take 3.0 / 1.20 / 1.25 = 2.00s to channel. It will still tick 15 times over that duration, this time every 0.13 seconds.

Net effect is that Blind Fury consistently increases the total damage done by Eye Beam by 50%, but does not change the actual DPS of Eye Beam during the channel. Demonic increases the channel DPS of Eye Beam by 25%, but does not change the total damage. If you have both, it does both more damage and more DPS during the channel. The conclusion is that haste should NOT affect the ticks by any chance.

In fact, this is how every single channeled ability in the game works with the exception of two*: Ray of Frost (frost mage talent) and Fel Barrage (havoc talent). Both of these instead gain additional ticks in their fixed channel duration from additional haste, causing them to both deal more total DPS and more total damage as your haste increases.
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=tIISZcGcwWg:

, I've made sure to have my character statistics opened, so you can track my haste. As for the ticks, you can use Anguish of the Deceiver trait which on every tick applies debuff on the target (15 ticks = 15 stacks of the trait)

Best regards,
Fanca

1 0

Lerona

[Bepis]

(since 06-07-2022 22:27)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 21-05-2020, 17:51:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed.
https://trello.com/c/nb0e5ix2/819-demon-hunterhavoc-eye-beam-vs-haste-ticks

Haste should only affect the channeling time of Eye Beam but not it's ticks.

As proof, I managed to reproduce the issue in a way more drastic situation.

Spoiler:

So during a full channel of Eye Beam, which should as you already said apply 15 ticks because of the Blind Fury talent, Eye Beam only did 5 ticks and applied only 5 stacks of Anguish.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Lerona, 21 May 2020 15:53

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 23:25:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x