User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Shaman] Counterstrike Totem
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message6499
Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 15:51:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=204331&&name=counterstrike-totem
Bug description: Stealth nerf. Now can only deals 1.2 mil damage and cannot redirect damage if totem is in los.
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=bDDTtLRtdSI:

min 18.20

Last edited by Amnezx on 03-07-2017, 15:52:42; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 03-07-2017, 15:52:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I love blizzard and their stealthiness
1 0

rexavalia

[Fake]

(since 12-09-2017 20:47)

Votes: 22

Post Posted: 07-07-2017, 22:59:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=204331&&name=counterstrike-totem
Bug description: Stealth nerf. Now can only deals 1.2 mil damage and cannot redirect damage if totem is in los.
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=bDDTtLRtdSI:

min 18.20

because it's not actually a gameplay and just a talking, it's not actually a proof.
However Counterstrike totem is currently weaker than the one in the video because it doesn't redirect 100% of the damage

"Don't waste time on idiots, unless you're an idiot"
0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 08-07-2017, 12:00:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Okay. And how can i get a gameplay proof with someone ego redirects exactly 1.2 mil damage? The thing with los o easy to fond, but that... Nah

0 0

raven3

[Creep]

(since 12-05-2022 06:35)

Votes: 188

Post Posted: 12-07-2017, 01:00:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

OK.. nice find.
But this needs to be fixed asap cause it's starting to be abused.
In my last 3v3 arena a shamy dealt 11M dmg and his counterstrike 8M dmg - total 19M dmg ..that's insane.

So the total dmg it deals back should be caped at 1.2M right?
if let's say two players deal dmg into the totem range.
let's say X deals 2M and Y deals 2M
They each should receive 600k back or one 1.2M and the other 0 dmg .. or something similar .. the combined number should be 1.2M

And another thing I noticed that probably explains why it deals such huge amount of dmg.
The totem should redirect the damage only towards the attacker...meaning for how much you do dmg.. you take dmg back.
How I think it works now...
player 1 does 100k dmg and player 2 does 200k dmg... they each receive back 300k dmg (the combined number)..
this is wrong .. player 1 should receive 100k and player 2 200k

pls fix this.. is very broken.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614684996
Quote:
it is now capped at a total of like 1.2M damage, so it will do the dmg of half someone's health.

1 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

(since 10-04-2020 14:57)

Votes: 50

Post Posted: 14-07-2017, 20:34:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Quicksand can you look at this one please? Is breakgaming bug.

Now, a *** totem can one shot you in pvp...it happens to me 2 times in 3v3 games.
@raven3 can confirm

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/mostfckedup
1 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 20-09-2018 12:33)

Votes: 33

Post Posted: 15-07-2017, 22:06:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
Okay. And how can i get a gameplay proof with someone ego redirects exactly 1.2 mil damage? The thing with los o easy to fond, but that... Nah

try a challenge with an enha shaman. enha shamn is really vulnerable during their burst... they will take damage exactly equal to counterstrike's reflect. calculate his/her lost health for 3 rounds, if in all 3 challenges it could not be more than 1.2m, you are right. counterstrike totem has a boundry.

Note: that was just an idea to help you do whatever u were trying to...
actually, in PTR, counterstrike totem had no limit. it reflected a DH's burst and a Warrior's burst at the same time, while i just stood and got heal. the CS totem reflected 5.76m damage.

Protecting Game Settings - Shaman Guide - Rogue Guide - Sneaky Macros
0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 15-07-2017, 22:37:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nyevid wrote:
Amnezx wrote:

try a challenge with an enha shaman. enha shamn is really vulnerable during their burst... they will take damage exactly equal to counterstrike's reflect. calculate his/her lost health for 3 rounds, if in all 3 challenges it could not be more than 1.2m, you are right. counterstrike totem has a boundry.

actually, in PTR, counterstrike totem had no limit. it reflected a DH's burst and a Warrior's burst at the same time, while i just stood and got heal. the CS totem reflected 5.76m damage.

what i`m trying to say is that the totem should have a cap of 1.2 mil damage that should redirect, but here it does not have this cap set

0 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 00:31:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
nyevid wrote:
Amnezx wrote:

what i`m trying to say is that the totem should have a cap of 1.2 mil damage that should redirect, but here it does not have this cap set

actually there is nothing about CounterStrike totem limit.

[totem itself: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=105451%5D -- null--

comment at [ability: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=204331 (wowhead link) : By Lavisaur (1,702 – 4·26) on 2016/09/22 (Patch 7.0.1)

"Kill these ASAP or else you (or another party member) will fall victim to a very quick, painful death! "

as you see,the guy mentioned being killed with counterstrike, which only happens without the limit, but since it's at 7.0.1 i will move on and ignore it.

-------------------

comment at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749285344?page=4
Megashock
110 Draenei Shaman

"I agree that in a huge group setting it is an insta kill and overpowered.... However, as an elemental shaman I have a hard time not liking the one moment I get in a bg where I can actually make a dif. I spend most of my time stunned and interrupted and very often get killed 1 v 1 in one stun by some of the OP class/specs. In my opinion all of this is overpowered and should be nerfed.... but Im in the minority ..lol

Maybe give a cap on CS totem dmg ... still significant yet not a "kill" .... bring a person down to 15% health max and giving their team time to react to it (aka heal) . But if player was already below 50% health to begin with then it could kill? ..... Not sure on what math would be good as I am biased ....... As an ele sham I do die fast and very often have no counters to the crap being dealt to me...so I dont feel bad if someone other than me gets 1 shot...lol"

as you see, the user requested a cap on CounterStrike totem, meaning that it isnt already there.

---------------------

comment at https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614513800

Golgoth
110 Tauren Shaman

"Well, there's the fact that it only counter-attacks on direct damage, so any damage you took due to DoTs will result in an HP difference. Additionaly, I believe it has a (very) short internal cooldown in how often it can counter-attack, so taking a lot of damage in a very short time may reflect less damage back.

Haven't had any issues such as what Nobal mentioned, CST counters fine in 1v1 situations regardless of enemy Health, but I can relate to the reflected damage being lower than the amount taken, for whatever reason."

mentioned the short delay in CounterStrike and indirectly claimed it to be the only limitation of it.
--------------------------

comment at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749285344?page=6

Esclamayshun
103 Human Rogue

"Either people have issues with comprehension or just aren't reading the posts.

Things not being complained about:
1. Difficulty in detecting the totem
2. Difficulty in killing the totem

What is being complained about:
1. The totem's ability to kill someone before it can physically be detected and killed by players.

It doesn't matter if a player can spot it and kill it in 1 second if the totem can actually kill someone in 0.5 seconds."

player claimed the counterstrike totem to be able to kill a target, which is not obeying the limitation.

------------------
other comments.

"spot the totem before it kills the person in the video." claimed that CS totem is abel to kill someone 100-0%

a few videos: "Yea it's pretty powerful, holy crap:

http://imgur.com/a/kCydu

Then there's:

http://imgur.com/a/5U03g

both within 5 seconds of picking up an orb so maybe 1-2 stacks?"

"Dear god nerf the max damage this thing can transfer.

Literally 1 shot me.

Whenever enemies within 20 yards of the totem deal direct damage, the totem will deal 100% of the damage dealt back to the lowest health enemy within range of the totem."

"Like I said, I went from 80% to 0% in a second. I had their whole team on me and my whole team blowing CDs near me. It's a cluster in a 10 yard range, even if you destroy it, it takes 1 second to delete a player with it during clustered team fights."

------------------------------------------------
as you can see... there is no limit for CS totem...
if you hate CS totem so much, make a mouseoverThenTarget macro like [/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]<spell name, e.g. heroic throw>] to kill CS totems as soon as possible...

CS totem is not meant to have any limitation...

it requires high honor level and players who use it, deserve it. stop complaining... if blizzard did not nerf it, freakz wouldnt !

0 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 01:15:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

mate have you watched the video i have posted? stop defending bugs... counterstrike totem has been stealth nerfed. it now redirects max 1.2 mil damage(someone can test it on blizz too to be 100% sure), + the totem should not deal damage to out of sight targets

0 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 12:40:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
mate have you watched the video i have posted? stop defending bugs... counterstrike totem has been stealth nerfed. it now redirects max 1.2 mil damage(someone can test it on blizz too to be 100% sure), + the totem should not deal damage to out of sight targets

"the totem should not deal damage to out of sight targets"... where did you read this? im seeing CS do that in all the videos. :/
all you have is a guide video... a short sentence.

i have failed to find an official note about the "Stealth nerf", whatsoever.

and im sorry, the following videos are not really reliable, but definitely more reliable than a sentence in a guide.

example of CS totem dealing more than 1.2m:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=y5l4ofjBDks:

so here is an example of that range "bug" in blizzard. (note: the spriest did a void shift in there, nothing special)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RolWmidy5V8:

--- OUT OF THE EFFECTIVE RANGE OF CS (telling me that blizzard had the "bug" too... if AND ONLY IF it is a bug)

Last edited by nyevid on 16-07-2017, 13:54:58; edited 1 time in total
0 0

raven3

[Creep]

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 13:33:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nyevid,
I think that the proof you are bringing is outdated.
Amnezx posted a video from march regarding 7.1.5 stuff.
And is Cdew talking about this . That's blizzcon winner, one of the best shamy's in the world Cdew.
I believe he know's his stuff.
Conterstrike shouldn't work out of line of sight and should be caped at 1.2M

0 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 13:53:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

raven3 wrote:
nyevid,
I think that the proof you are bringing is outdated.
Amnezx posted a video from march regarding 7.1.5 stuff.
And is Cdew talking about this . That's blizzcon winner, one of the best shamy's in the world Cdew.
I believe he know's his stuff.
Conterstrike shouldn't work out of line of sight and should be caped at 1.2M

yea...

ok i surrender...

i have failed to find anything valid to disapprove OR approve this.

but still, 1.2m damage is a huge amount...

please remember that unholy pet and warlock's can destroy the totems in 0.5 seconds. plus the fact that you can make some of your ablities "mouseoverThenTarget" to end the CS totem instantly...

and there are a few addons that will enlarge the CS totem debuff, making it easier to be destroyed.

0 0

raven3

[Creep]

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 14:06:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I believe this change was made with battlegrounds in mind - the cap thing.
Because when a lot of players are stacked together .. you usually don't notice the totem.. and many don't know what to look for.
And so.. before the nerf, the totem would kill entire teams almost by itself -
I saw a lot of complaints about this on forums.

1.2M is a decent amount. It's ~ half a players HP. Something similar to how much karma would do for a ww monk.
But right now it's quite broken. In a 3v3 a few days ago my partners didn't kill it. And it did ~5.5M dmg .. and it was used one time. - (the shamy did ~7M and his totem 5.5M - 12.5M total)

0 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 14:36:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

raven3 wrote:
I believe this change was made with battlegrounds in mind - the cap thing.
Because when a lot of players are stacked together .. you usually don't notice the totem.. and many don't know what to look for.
And so.. before the nerf, the totem would kill entire teams almost by itself -
I saw a lot of complaints about this on forums.

1.2M is a decent amount. It's ~ half a players HP. Something similar to how much karma would do for a ww monk.
But right now it's quite broken. In a 3v3 a few days ago my partners didn't kill it. And it did ~5.5M dmg .. and it was used one time. - (the shamy did ~7M and his totem 5.5M - 12.5M total)

RIP, LOL

remember: you can cast CS totem exactly after [totemMastery] to hide it COMPLETELY...

i dont have CS myself, since im gathering herbs mostly...

but here's an example with the skyfury: https://ibb.co/f1G5Nv <-----------

note: CS doesnt have that red thingy buff all over... making it exactly and completely hidden. (i mean, who ever destroyed totem mastery? LOL)

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 01 August 2017 15:04

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 23-04-2024, 10:44:01
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x