User
Pass
2FA

Launcher for mac problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message864
Davidefix1992

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-08-2019 12:33)

Post Posted: 05-06-2019, 15:44:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, my name is Davide and I'm from Italy.
I'm trying to get into this server but I have problems.

First I can't register my account on the site. After the completion of the personal data I get this warning "Error! Unfortunately, it is not allowed for registration. Please use your real IP address while registering (no VPN / proxy / etc). If you think this is an error please contact us on [email protected] ".

Second I have a macbook pro, I downloaded this client: "https://freakz.page.link/725_client"; and I followed this guide: "https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Legion-installation-guide-for -MAC-Linux-t459641.html ".
I could not continue with step six, maybe something is wrong. I write on the terminal: wine and then I drag the "launcher_freakz.exe" file and after that I get this warning: "There was a problem launching wow.exe, make sure this launcher is in your wow directory". I tried to open the other files too, but nothing happens.
I also couldn't find the "Read only" file from the data folder to be deleted.

Third I have a pg on the [CENSORED] server and I would like to migrate,
I wanted to know if the pg will be deleted from the server of origin because I have mounts bought with premium points and I read that in this server they will not be transferred.

Waiting for your cordial reply, I send you my best regards.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 05-06-2019, 17:04:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Davide,

For the first issue, are you using a proxy or VPN? If not, send an e-mail to said e-mail address and the server owner will sort it out for you.

About the second, unfortunately I'm totally clueless about Macs, but the issue you're experiencing, on Windows, happens usually when an anti-virus or firewall deletes the "launcher_freakz.dll" file (and/or its 64-bit counterpart).

"Read only" is a permission on the folder, not a file in the folder.

As for migrations, no, we do not delete characters. We don't even ask for your account information. It's not really a migration anyway, you just need to prove that you have a max level character on a server, to receive a starter character here. Think of it more as a template starting character than of an actual migration.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
1 0

Davidefix1992

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-06-2019, 17:32:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

First of all thanks for the quick reply.
However I don't use neither proxy nor VPN.
Regarding the permission of the data folder is set to default reading and writing, so it should be right right?
As for the launcher problem, who can I contact to try to make it work?

Thanks again

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 05-06-2019, 19:36:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello again,

Not sure what you mean by contacting someone for the launcher issue, it's a problem on your end.

Check if the .dll files are still inside the folder - if they aren't, check your anti-virus and firewalls if they deleted, quarantined or blocked them, and whitelist/restore them.

As for the permissions, not sure what default permissions on Mac means. The launcher needs the permission to both write and read files.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Davidefix1992

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-06-2019, 20:43:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you very much for the directions. I'll try to make them. One last thing: after downloading the full client "https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/WoW_Legion_torrent.torrent"; I have to replace its contents by dragging "https://freakz.page.link/725_launcher_24742 "and then start" launcher_freakz.exe "?
Or should I copy "https://freakz.page.link/725_launcher_24742"; into the WoW folder while keeping both the contents of the folders?

Thanks again, best regards

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 05-06-2019, 21:08:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You don't actually have to even get both of them, but it doesn't hurt doing so. The individual launcher is more up-to-date than the one from the torrent, but the torrent itself comes with it aswell, just an older version, which would update itself upon launch.

When replacing, you replace everything, yes.

Best regards
Sarah

0 0

Irediel

[Lonely]

(since 03-11-2020 13:19)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 06-06-2019, 23:46:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings,

Contact me on Discord @ Rydahl#0999 for help regarding your MAC issues.

I'll be available at almost all times, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Normality is a paved road: It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 22:35:53
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x