User
Pass
2FA

Legion installation guide for MAC/Linux
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message45545
Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 29-03-2017, 11:01:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Howdy, Dear Linux & Mac users!
In the below guide you will find few variations of how to run Legion on your Linux / Mac PC without problems. If you know a method that isn't yet explained in the guide please share it with me either by replying to this topic or sending it to me as a PM so I can add it.

===> Useful links: <===
  • WoW Freakz Full Legion Client download
  • Latest Freakz Launcher version can be found in this topic.
  • uTorrent
  • wine emulator - linux:
    Spoiler:

• wine emulator - MAC:
    Spoiler:

===> How to install Legion on Linux: <===
Currently there are two ways installing Legion on Linux: Downloading our Full Legion Client as a torrent OR installing it from Blizzard's application.
I will explain both, however I strongly recommend that you use our game client, especially now that Blizzard will update to patch 7.2, while we are going to stick to 7.1.5

Downloading Full Legion Client as a torrent
1. Download and install uTorrent.
2. Download WoW Freakz Full Legion Client download
3. Wait for the download to finish. Once done please download WoW Freakz Launcher, extract it and replace the content into your original WoW folder.
4. Once you've installed wine and done all of the above you can use:
Code:
wine freakz_launcher.exe

to run the game.
Enjoy!

Installing Legion Client with Blizzard's application
1. Download WoW Installer.
2. Optional but recommended Install the latest Wine development release:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-devel winehq-devel

3. Right click the downloaded installer, right click it and select Open With > Wine Windows Program Loader
Spoiler:

Then install Battle.net:
Spoiler:

4. And finally, launch Battle.net from the menu / Dash (the icon should also be on your desktop unless you've deselected that option) and install World of Warcraft:
!!! ATTENTION !!!
WoW Freakz Legion realm version = 263650
Blizzard retail version = 47213

Are versions compatible? NO, versions are NOT COMPATIBLE
Above you can see what version is running on wow freakz Legion realm and what version is on retail/blizzard. If the "Are versions compatible?" part says NOT COMPATIBLE then DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CLIENT, you will not be able to play.
If it says COMPATIBLE then you can safely update your client, even if versions differ, you will be able to play on WoW Freakz

===> How to install Legion on MAC <===
As a MAC user you have few options. Similar to Linux you can use wine and either download the full game client from our torrent or from Blizzard (please read how-to-install wine for MAC at the very top of the guide and then follow Linux installation if you want to choose this method).

However as a MAC user you can choose to play WoW via Parallels. - You can find detailed Parallels guide by Groaning here

If you find this guide useful and I actually managed to help please feel free to rep me or simply drop a post like. I really appreciate it!

GOT PROBLEMS ?
If you're experiencing problems with the MAC launcher, you can try reading some topics where other users complained about not being able to run it and eventually solved it: this / this

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

1 0

dzvera

[Maniac]

(since 01-01-2020 19:36)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 23-04-2017, 23:08:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i am using linux mint 18 and tried the first way you described. i can start the application but when i enter my credentials i got stuck on connecting

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 01-05-2017, 16:46:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What is your current realmlist set to?

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

matis161

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-05-2018 11:07)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 15-06-2017, 01:35:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello.
When i enter my login and password I get "You have been disconnected."
This is propobly wrong realmist or ip, it is any chance to get them or other way to fix it? (I'm using Mac)

0 0

snurfolo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-05-2020 16:38)

Post Posted: 18-06-2017, 21:21:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi there, i followed the wine instructions but, when it's time launch with the wine command i got this error.
Quote:
There was a problem launching wow.exe, make sure this launcher is in your wow directory

I tried with both 64 and 32 bit, but it seems that the freaks launcher fails to find wow executables.
Launching wow.exe works, but ofc it can't log on freakz that way.
Any hints?

EDIT 21 JUNE
I added the realm list line to the config.wtf file and wined wow-64.exe.
Now I can get in but I get booted outside after 30 seconds from the system because I don't use freakz launcher. -
Any suggestions?

0 0

Kakadu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-07-2017 21:03)

Post Posted: 18-07-2017, 23:01:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I got some issues while running launcher from terminal. It seems that I need to start the launcer when my current working dir is a launcher's location. This is critical. Otherwise it complains about disability to find wow-64.exe....
0 0

Rmbasto

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-09-2017 16:18)

Post Posted: 29-08-2017, 23:21:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

HELP ME PLS https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Can-t-play-Legion-on-MAC-t486159.html
0 0

den4oman

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-11-2017 20:50)

Post Posted: 19-11-2017, 13:53:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Just to add some useful information to the original post.

Some things to say first, the wine 32bit version is much stable than the 64bit, and the performance is about 70% of the 64bit, so i recommend to use the 32 bit version.
If you are running 64bit OS , by default it's set the 64bit wine, so you should do:
delete the old environment cd in your home folder and do "rm -r .wine"
add to ~/.bashrc "export WINEARCH=win32"
then run "winecfg"

When you install wine, also install winetricks - the same way as wine.
Also install "ttf-mscorefonts" (in Debian 9 the package is called ttf-mscorefonts-installer)
Use winetricks to install all Visual C++ libraries with:
Code:

// from
winetricks vcrun2003
// to
winetricks vcrun2015
// to get list of all libraries: winetricks dlls list
// and run after you installed the ttf-mscorefonts package
winetricks corefonts

now try the game to see how it works:
wine launcher_freakz.exe

If you get black screen:
open Config.wtf and add "SET gxApi "D3D9""
restart the game

If the fps are low:
change "SET gxApi "D3D9"" to "SET gxApi "OpenGL""
also add: "SET gxDepthBits "24""
"SET gxColorBits "24""
restart the game

NOTE!!!: Next trick is only if you set the OpenGL renderer

If they are still slow:
run regedit from terminal
go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - > Software - > Wine
Right Click on Wine -> New -> Key
Rename the key to "OpenGL"
Right click on the key - > New - > String Value
Change name to "DisabledExtensions"
In the field value data enter "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object"
restart the game

NOTE!!!: This is only for NVidia users and OpenGL renderer
add "__GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1" to the run command of the launcher,
e.g. "__GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 wine launcher_freakz.exe"

Hope this was helpful!
Best Regards,
and follow the GNU way ; )

1 0

dieselboyy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-11-2023 11:56)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 09-02-2018, 12:32:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hy! I followed the freakz guide for installation on Linux, but for some reason, it is stuck at connecting. What can I do? ((I have dual boot, I can play on windows but I want to switch to Linux))
proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=NNbBh976jww:

0 0

mermelmadness

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-10-2018 02:13)

Post Posted: 07-03-2018, 23:24:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can this please be updated?

I was able to successfully WineBottle launcher_freakz.exe, but it launches and then crashes after a few seconds. When I tried to manually wine the launcher in terminal, I get the following error:

fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)

There was a problem launching patched wow.exe, make sure launcher_freakz.dll is present in your wow directory

Press any key to continue... fixme:module:load_library unsupported flag(s) used (flags: 0x00000800)

All files are definitely there.

I'm able to winebottle and successfully run wow.exe, but it loads as if it's downloading the game from scratch, and then I cannot connect. If I click cancel, the connect button is greyed out and I have to restart the app to try to connect again.

0 0

colloc

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-03-2018 00:53)

Post Posted: 28-03-2018, 23:38:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I am playing on MAC and I have the game. I really do not want to do any of the ABOVE. I just need the REALMLIST and bam!! i can play.
Thanks

0 0

spangetsu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-04-2019 21:47)

Post Posted: 18-05-2018, 20:52:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I open the game ok but it disconnects me immediatelly...
Anyone have any idea?
thank youu

0 0

SheepKid12

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-02-2019 23:11)

Post Posted: 19-06-2018, 19:04:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Here's a method that uses PlayOnLinux, which might work better for people (and might be slightly easier to configure). This is my first time posting here, and my first guide. If something isn't correct, let me know, and I'll try to fix it. I'm not sure if this fixes the issue where you are stuck connecting/disconnected.

Installing PlayOnLinux (Ubuntu based distributions)
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install playonlinux

Creating the wine prefix for the launcher

Quote:
A WINE prefix is a folder that contains all of the WINE configurations as well as all of the Windows pieces that WINE uses for compatibility, including libraries and a registry. Source

1. Open PlayOnLinux, and click the install a program button.
2. At the bottom left of the new window, you should see "install a non listed program", click that. You should get 2 dialog boxes come up about wineHQ and something else, just click the next button (it might be OK).
3. The new window should now say "Manual Installation". Click the next button, and then select "Install a program in a new virtual drive". Name the new drive whatever you want.
4. On the "What would you like to do before installation?" part, don't select anything, and click next.
5. Select "32 bits windows installation", and wait until the virtual drive is created.
6. You are now asked to select an install file, but because we don't have one, click cancel.

At this point, either the launcher or the full torrent download is required to continue (see the first post from OP for those links).

7. Open your file manager and go to your home (or user) folder. This next part may be confusing, so I'll try to make it simple by telling you where you should be.

Quote:
/home/YOUR_USER_NAME/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/YOUR_WINE_PREFIX/drive_c/users/YOUR_USER_NAME/YOUR_WOW-FREAKZ_INSTALL_DIRECTORY

11. In another instance of your file manager, go to where you extracted the launcher, and drag it into your wine prefix's downloads folder (or wherever you want to put it).
12. Go back to PlayOnLinux, and click configure.
13. Once there, click your WoW-Freakz wine prefix, and click "Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive".
13. If everything worked out, you should see both WoW-Freakz launcher's in the list. If not, browse for the 32bit launcher. You can name it whatever you want.
14. Now you can close both the add shortcut and the configure windows, and you should be able to run WoW-Freakz on Linux now.

0 0

Dablapichu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-05-2019 19:37)

Post Posted: 27-07-2018, 18:12:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi all,
Fisrtly, i want to thank you for prividing the guide to run the game in Mac using Wine.

I've followed all steps stated in the manual, but i'm facing an error when trying to connect with server. I always get the error "You have been disconnected. (BLZ51901021)".

This is what i've done so far:
1 - Download the full client from "https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/WoW_Legion_torrent.torrent "
2 - Replace laucher with files in https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/launcher_23420.zip
3 - Follow de section "wine emulator - MAC" posted in this forum thread.
4 - Followed step under topic "wine emulator - MAC".
5 - Tried to execute the game, but the process failed with error "CAS system was unable to initialize / failed fetching the CDN configuration file / E_NOT_AVAILABLE". Therefore i deleted the files "Wow-64.exe", "launcher_freakz-64.exe" and "launcher_freakz-64.dll".
6 - Tried to execute the game, but this time the process failed with error "The application has encountered a critical error: ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception". So i replaced the content to "<game_location>/Data/config" with the content of the files "https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/config_23420.zip"; and "https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/config_23420_2.zip";.
7 - Tried to execute the game once again. This time the game started up and displayed the login screen. But when i try to log in i get the error "You have been disconnected. (BLZ51901021)".
8 - Flushed DNS and rerun game. Same error as in step 7.
9 - Reboot router and rerun game . Same error as in step 7.
10 - Restart PC and rerun game . Same error as in step 7.
11 - Disable antivirus and firewall and rerun the game. Same error as in step 7.

Any idea of what i've done wrong or what else i can do to log in? I have read that the problem could be related to SSL but i have no clue what to do in order to solve it.

Thanks.

0 0

Dablapichu

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-05-2019 19:37)

Post Posted: 01-08-2018, 20:14:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i finally gave up. I play wow in the windows 10 that i installed in my mac using Boot Camp. I didn't want to, but i didn't find any other way to make it run.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 07 April 2020 19:45

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 19-04-2024, 15:11:57
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x