User
Pass
2FA

Looking for a guide elemental shaman
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message4247
WhiteRice

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-10-2018 11:21)

Post Posted: 30-08-2018, 15:13:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I try to look up at youtube but there is alot of guide using different talent...i just need a rotation guide and talent for mythic + and single target raid for pve that works well for this server
0 0

certifikat

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-09-2019 18:24)

Votes: 5

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 30-08-2018, 15:14:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Which spec?

0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 30-08-2018, 15:45:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nyevid's guide has the most common elemental talents used by players who still play elemental in mythics. Bad part for ele shammy is only with better gear it does decent damage, hopefully that will change on 7.2.5 -

But overall, it's still a fun class to play with.

Retired

1 0

WhiteRice

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-10-2018 11:21)

Post Posted: 30-08-2018, 16:16:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

yeah i only play for fun..im currently playing monk wind walker 889 no donation yet i can get 500k-600k stable dps and burst 1.10m...ok then im gonna following Nyevid's guide
0 0

carolas2

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-02-2022 18:29)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 30-08-2018, 16:19:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's hard to deal dmg with an elemental shaman without gear..but ofc if you can reach 910/915 even more, you can deal some dmg.At 929 is very good and still can ,,fight'' alongside warlocks and stuff like that.

Angels can still feel fear.
1 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 20-09-2018 12:33)

Votes: 33

Post Posted: 31-08-2018, 02:09:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WhiteRice wrote:
yeah i only play for fun..im currently playing monk wind walker 889 no donation yet i can get 500k-600k stable dps and burst 1.10m...ok then im gonna following Nyevid's guide

you can ask me stuff if you want, here, there or even in direct messages.

:3

currently, elemental is not in a good spot, compared to fury warrior or guardian druid with same gear for example, your damage is just shit. period.

putting that aside, i think you should start playing enhancement.

elemental is FUN, but that's about it.

also, if you're an orc by any chance, just spam battle grounds and unlock calming waters honor talent for restoration shaman.
once you've done that, you can easily rank up in rated by learning to do simple things like juke'ing, kiting and some mind game.

hit me up in game, "rugoe" or "shmn" if you want me to teach you face-to-face. i'm quite famous, especially in goldshire.

Protecting Game Settings - Shaman Guide - Rogue Guide - Sneaky Macros
0 0

carolas2

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-02-2022 18:29)

Votes: 38

Post Posted: 31-08-2018, 20:24:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elemental spec is not so bad atm, as I said, only if you have 915/920 ilvl+ you can deal some dmg.As a shaman 929 elemental, I can beat in fights fury warrior or hunt and stuff like that, dealing lots of damage.If you are patient and you are able to wait for gear, you can reach a high gear and why not, compare yourself with other classes like warrior, hunter, mage etc as a shaman elemental.

Angels can still feel fear.
1 0

certifikat

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 31-08-2018, 21:03:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I totally agree with carolas2. As elemental you just need a lot of gear to compete with other classes.

And if you think that enhancement is much better than elemental, I disagree with you. With the same gear they can pull pretty much the same damage.

2 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 01-09-2018, 20:57:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

certifikat wrote:
I totally agree with carolas2. As elemental you just need a lot of gear to compete with other classes.

And if you think that enhancement is much better than elemental, I disagree with you. With the same gear they can pull pretty much the same damage.

you clearly don't know what you're talking about, OR you're comparing some specific situations.

like, i'm not talking about last boss or anything like that.
i mean the whole PvE, from beginning to end.

also, you shouldn't even Notice a ilvl 920+ class.
that was some ridiculous and unrealistic comparison right there.

ofc a ilvl 920+ with 'BIS' legendary arms warrior can surpass fury, but that doesn't mean arms is better than fury.

being ilvl 920+ and beating others in total damage is not something to be proud of. it's simply result of your grind.

and needless to say, you must compare yourself to ones with close to same gear as you.

----

all those in mind, enhancement just shits on elemental in start-to-end.
but in boss fights or specific encounters, it COULD be the other way around.

have you seen ilvl 920+ guardian druid DPS? ofc you did.

stop saying things that have no backbone, specially in a topic whose author is relatively new to the class and not a ilvl 920 who spends 16 hours a day on the game farming PvE.

those statements are quite unfair.

---------------

you should read my guide, it helps you, but until you're ilvl 890.

after reaching 890 or 880, just go your way, almost everything works.

some builds work better, while they shouldn't, like [elemental blast] goes completely irrelevant after reaching 90% mastery, which is quite easy to achieve.

0 0

certifikat

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 02-09-2018, 00:18:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm talking here about Nighthold and m+ dungeons in 7.1.5., because we are currently in it. Why should I talk about some PVE from beginning to end? And I have no idea what do you even mean about „from beginning to end“?

Quote:
also, you shouldn't even Notice a ilvl 920+ class.
that was some ridiculous and unrealistic comparison right there.

I disagree, because he will eventually have that gear if he has will to play it. Also he doesn't need like 920+ to compete with others, 900+ is okay too.
I was comparing elemental shaman to other classes with same gear and of course, ele is not top dps but still okay.

Quote:
all those in mind, enhancement just shits on elemental in start-to-end.
but in boss fights or specific encounters, it COULD be the other way around.

There are always specific encounters for both specs, but saying that “enhancement just shits on elemental in start-to-end” is stupid. I don’t know from where are those statements coming? Are you saying it because there are more enhancement shamans than elementals on Freakz?

WhiteRice asked about rotations for m+ and raids and you are saying here that he shouldn’t play elemental because it is not good dps? Like I said, it's not top dps but also it is not that bad like you are saying.

1 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 02-09-2018, 01:19:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

certifikat wrote:
I'm talking here about Nighthold and m+ dungeons in 7.1.5., because we are currently in it. Why should I talk about some PVE from beginning to end? And I have no idea what do you even mean about „from beginning to end“?

you see, there are a lot of dungeons and modifiers that can alter the result of your damage done.

from beggining to end, i mean from the moment you enter dungeon till you kill the last boos.
topic of many discussions such as this are about specific encounters and not dungeons as a whole.

if you look at wowhead for example, it proposes different talents for different situations, which definitely makes it harder than "enha is better than ele at pve" and vice versa.

certifikat wrote:
I disagree, because he will eventually have that gear if he has will to play it.

no. many don't eventually come to that gear.[/quote]
you seem to be missing the Role playing side of the game.

i for example, my ilvl on my favorite character is 870. it's not because i don't play the game, but because i spend a lot of time teaching others in my vicinity or playing pvp, that's something i enjoy more than killing bosses and dead characters in raids or dungeons.

certifikat wrote:
Also he doesn't need like 920+ to compete with others, 900+ is okay too.

that's like saying "you don't have to spend 1500$ on your computer, 1200$ is okay too."
but in truth, they're both quite expensive.

same with that, difference between 920 and 900 is not even felt in most cases.

anyway, farming gear requires an extreme amount of time dealing with NPCs and Mobs which could definitely NOT be enjoyable for many players, especially the oddballs such as me, who can't really settle anywhere.

i can't imagine spending 2 hours of my day trying to group up behind a raid entrance then continue to complete it, knowing that i may gain nothing.
to me, skirmish arena is more intriguing.

of course, you aren't forced to agree, but others aren't forced to agree with you either.

certifikat wrote:
I was comparing elemental shaman to other classes with same gear and of course, ele is not top dps but still okay.

i appreciate that you rephrased that. i agree, elemental is "okay", but not even close in the competition.

certifikat wrote:
There are always specific encounters for both specs, but saying that “enhancement just shits on elemental in start-to-end” is stupid. I don’t know from where are those statements coming?

not at all, i simply believe i have more experience than you.

unlike most players, i take much more time looking into damage logs and analysis.

i don't farm for gear, i farm for stats. unfortunately i can't show off anything to you because i'm on bad terms with shocker and i could get banned on those accounts, and i don't spend too much time on my well-known accounts so it won't be wasted via a ban.

with PvE talents (fury of air), in most dungeons and raids your enhancement DPS and total damage is noticeably higher than elemental.
you really can't argue with that. just play NL mythic0 for example, with both specs, correct talents.
you'll see enhancement is actually better.
that is, if you know the *** rotation for enha.

certifikat wrote:
Are you saying it because there are more enhancement shamans than elementals on Freakz?

unfortunately i'm not idiot enough to state that. that's foolish to say.
look at survival hunter, nobody plays it, but it's actually quite broken in pvp.

certifikat wrote:
WhiteRice asked about rotations for m+ and raids and you are saying here that he shouldn’t play elemental because it is not good dps? Like I said, it's not top dps but also it is not that bad like you are saying.

i didn't say anything even close to "he shouldn’t play elemental because it is not good dps"

you can play whatever the shit you want.

I get shittalked for playing outlaw but my damage is always higher than what they expect. no *** given.

if there is a spec you enjoy playing, just play it.

some specs like arms warrior or blood death knight in pvp is obviously at disadvantage, but that doesn't stop anyone from playing it.

also, i didn't say it's bad, i said "currently, elemental is not in a good spot" which you also said yourself 2 times in your reply.
and "your damage is just shit compared to fury warrior" which you really can't disagree with.

1 0

Whysoimba

[Busy being the best]

(since 08-03-2023 11:21)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 02-09-2018, 01:19:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Elemental and enhancement are quite equal really. Considering bis legendaries and bis~ish trinkets @915-920 ilvl there are certain situations where elemental does better, and it depends on the procs too. But generally they're pretty close in both raiding and mythic dungeons.

And to answer OP's question, yes you have 2 different specs for aoe and single target on elemental, while you can play with only one spec in all situations on enhancement.

2 0

nyevid
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 02-09-2018, 01:27:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Whysoimba wrote:
Elemental and enhancement are quite equal really. Considering bis legendaries and bis~ish trinkets @915-920 ilvl there are certain situations where elemental does better, and it depends on the procs too. But generally they're pretty close in both raiding and mythic dungeons.

And to answer OP's question, yes you have 2 different specs for aoe and single target on elemental, while you can play with only one spec in all situations on enhancement.

that is correct (if you're talking about PvE)

----

[but hey, did i mention? elemental in PvP is a *** joke, while enhancement is my safe pick to climb rated. it's quite broken.]

0 0

Whysoimba

[Busy being the best]

(since 08-03-2023 11:21)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 02-09-2018, 01:34:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nyevid wrote:

that is correct (if you're talking about PvE)

----

[but hey, did i mention? elemental in PvP is a *** joke, while enhancement is my safe pick to climb rated. it's quite broken.]

yes, pve-wise only. I simply hate pvp in legion.

0 0

certifikat

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 02-09-2018, 02:22:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
difference between 920 and 900 is not even felt in most cases

It’s huge difference between 900 and 920 for PVE, it’s like 100k difference in DPS or even more. For PVP ofc it’s not. But if you want to play raids you kinda need farming gear and of course it will take some amount of time. It’s not enjoyable, but it’s needed for last raid, it’s how PVE works.
Quote:
i appreciate that you rephrased that. i agree, elemental is "okay", but not even close in the competition.

Yeah, for some cases it's not even close in the competition, but like you said “there is always specific situation“.

Quote:
with PvE talents (fury of air), in most dungeons and raids your enhancement DPS and total damage is noticeably higher than elemental.
you really can't argue with that. just play NL mythic0 for example, with both specs, correct talents.
you'll see enhancement is actually better.
that is, if you know the *** rotation for enha.

I totally disagree with you, especially for m+ dungeons. You can not compare nl 0, of course enhancement is better there, because it can build up its damage faster. But if you play like NL 20+ it won’t be case. They are pretty same in higher keys or sometimes elemental can pull more damage, because enhancement is male, where it must avoid male mechanics.

Quote:
i didn't say anything even close to "he shouldn’t play elemental because it is not good dps"

From all what you just said, it looked like that. But okay, let’s say that you didn’t say it.

Quote:
also, i didn't say it's bad, i said "currently, elemental is not in a good spot" which you also said yourself 2 times in your reply.

“currently, elemental is not in a good spot” and “it’s bad” is pretty much same to me.
Yeah, I said it’s not top DPS, but it’s not like “no one should play, because it deals shit damage in raids and dungeons”, because that’s not true.

It seems that we are running in circle right now, because you just confirmed what Whysoimba said
Quote:
Elemental and enhancement are quite equal really.
and it was all what I’ve been trying to say. We are kinda talking same things, only have different view on those things.

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 29-03-2024, 02:04:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x