User
Pass
2FA

NPC finder - Limited
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message4461
prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-08-2018 16:47)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 09:18:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi freakz staff ,

For legion:

The Wow Database option has proven to be the most valuable option over the website in-terms of helping players locate npcs, items , quests and what not and make their life much more easier..

And NPC finder is a life saver when it comes to questing..But my suggestion regarding this script : Is it possible to hide the spawn timer of various valuable rare NPCs to increase the competitiveness ( mount, companion , vanity dropping ones ).
Since anyone can just find a supposedly rare and hard to find npc that needs days of camping in retail , possessing such mounts / vanity items/pets isnt making it feel neither unique nor precious..Its just another TLPD, its just another aoenaxx ..
I wonder if same approach to valuable rares be continued in legion too?

I know many might flame for hiding spawn timer of certain rares but hey, we are missing blizz-like camping competition!

#Notagainstmakinglifeeasier!
#ReviveCampingFun

For some important NPCs.

"Sense of Uniqueness , Competitiveness , Satisfaction "

1 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

(since 10-04-2020 14:57)

Votes: 50

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 09:58:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not a bad idea but i can googling everywhere to find Thinking
A solution may be to have a specific time for freakz that is not like retail.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/mostfckedup
1 0

Flamestalker

[Screwed Freak]

(since 20-01-2021 11:49)

Votes: 174

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 11:37:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If the timer was missing or something went wrong with him ,you would say ..omg freakz is bugged and you wanna start a legion realm ..be thaknfull for what you have ,timer is verry good in my opinion ,i can afford spending some time waiting for a npc that i want ,like kaffa for example ,it has 12h cooldown ,i managed to take it after a week of farming
1 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 16:16:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You are right..Some people who cannot put even little effort in finding an NPC will eventually end up blaming the server .. But should we even worry about them , less than 1% !

But im suggesting only for some important rares , not all mobs...Let NPC finder be used to help questing and leveling..
WOD introduces a lot of rare mobs that drops more than unique mounts , BOE mounts (Poseidus is being farmed by one single guy and sold in AH , he is super rich atm ). In Legion, i believe there are some valuable additions too..

Although NPC finder is the most useful tool , there is no denial in saying that it is being exploited and misused ; and removes the element of a leveling lowbie quoting "yaay i killed this mob randomnly and got lucky with this loot"..

Also hiding certain mob details can even make forum more active where people discuss about them!

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 20:09:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I actually like the idea very much! I'm only afraid that it will cause a MASSIVE complaint fest from those who are used to get things done the easier way.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

1 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-02-2017, 07:33:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Exactly Ash...But people cannot complain for things they HAVE to work...But at the end of the day, im very sure even those players will understand and get used to it soon enough......Afterall its a custom script...
Hoping to see this implemented in legion -

0 0

seigfried

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-06-2022 05:09)

Votes: 12

Post Posted: 11-04-2017, 07:45:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The npc finder cannot detect the actual spot where an npc is if it is capable of moving around.

You can only see the spawn location and yes the time.

My suggestion is if the npc has a walking path on the map, make it spawn randomly anywhere only on its walking path and not at the retail "spawn spot"

Even in retail for rares like spirit beasts they sometimes had multiple spawn spots like TLPD, Skoll

If you make the spawn spot random, people wont camp the retail spawn spot and will increase some competition

Just a suggestion.

0 0

saturnfever

[Papa Bless]

(since 21-12-2020 21:31)

Votes: 171

Post Posted: 11-04-2017, 09:01:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

why fix something that ain't broken?
The rare spawns are hard to kill as it is, when you know the timer of the spawn. I wouldn't find any satisfaction in wasting my whole day (best case scenario) or even more than that, just camping a location, and not knowing if it's going to respawn in an hour, 5 hours or 12 hours, and just sitting there like a zombie looking at the screen, waiting for it to respawn, and if it does spawn, having to compete with other players for it. Multiply this experience x30, or however much rare spawns there are, and you will very soon find yourself very dissatisfied.
And regarding what you said about the competitiveness, wouldn't it actually be more competitive if you knew the timer on the spawn, so people knew when to gather, rather than just waiting around and getting bored, and abandoning the idea in the meanwhile, because of frustration? The feature to be able to see the npcs and their spawn timer is a huge quality of life improvement. It's one of the things that made me play on freakz in the first place.
I'm speaking from the perspective of a player that has 100 days+ playtime since the launch of MOP on freakz.

0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 11-04-2017, 10:15:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Some people are playing on Freakz just because they don't have enough time for retail / they like this community / etc...

The real "competition" is in PvE / PvP.

0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 1 week ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 11-04-2017, 10:23:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Even now there is competition on who kills the rare and gets the desired loot. If you still mentioned Aeonaxx think what was there when he respawned, dozen of players after the mount. So no from me due to the complaints that will follow.

Retired

1 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-04-2017, 15:06:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Denim wrote:
Even now there is competition on who kills the rare and gets the desired loot. If you still mentioned Aeonaxx think what was there when he respawned, dozen of players after the mount. So no from me due to the complaints that will follow.

I just suggested something that would make the server more active.
No offense, but with the "things being easier" , people get everything they desire with least effort and lose value in so-called valuable things.

My suggestion was to make The tool limited for the absolutely necessary NPCs only ...Why does it have to make EVERYTHING easy? One of the defects in this tool is its taking out the incentives for a dedicated camping player.

Server has commendably the best scripts compared to most private servers out there but no denying that it has some of the lowest number of populations too. Just think about it from server perspective, not for personal satisfaction.

Quoting
"Players log, players get, players out"

I hope atleast a few of u understand what i mean by that!

Update @ 12-04-2017, 16:06:21

Moreover, there are addons to keep track of spawns . People can socialize in guild, global, forum to know the previous spawn and calculate the next spawn....
Lemme be honest, why i suggested this is because of the type of activity and competition i saw for such rares in another server which made it gain some camping players attention and increase the population even though they have shitty scripts.

And for those that are here just because they cant find "time" in blizz, this is no Subway...

Make the server hard-core , "truly" blizz like, make it grow people!!!

0 0

saturnfever

[Papa Bless]

Post Posted: 12-04-2017, 15:26:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You're talking about "dedicated camping players" like there actually exists such a category of players.
If you like having to wait hours endlessly just for a npc to spawn, and enjoy wasting your time in that manner, you are free to do so on the server that you mentioned, if that is so important to you, and you can't live without it.

What are you talking about everything being easy? Have you even played through all the content and examined every aspect of the game to come to that conclusion?
Did you tried challenge modes to see how insanely hard they are? Did you do heroic clears of the raids in the same day that the boss come out, without having anyone with gear from the wow shop, to see that it's actually overtuned and even harder that on retail? Did you complete all the achievements in the game?

The scenarios in which "players logs in, gets, logs out" are very few, if there even are at all. Anyone who wants anything, game-wise, has to be dedicated as it is, beucase it's hard enough.
And you are not in favor of a feature that keeps track of npcs, but you are in favor of an addon that keeps track of the npcs. Makes sense. And I could add many other things, but I'll leave it at that.

1 0

prashanth123

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-04-2017, 18:43:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Saturnfever, i dont mean to offend u but just because challenge modes are hard doesnt mean everything else needs to be easy..Also i just gave a prospective example of some other server , it in no ways mean one can ask me to play there..Its my own will and i shall point out constructively anything like i wish to do..Please stay out of where i play and i dont.

Back to the topic,
I have been seeing the words "Blizz-like" a lot in forum lately and i simply pointed out to an aspect that was removed purposely aka camping competition. I dont understand why people dont even get what im trying to say here. All they want is life to be easier . It is after-all a custom feature , not a mandatory blizz-like feature.

What i suggested doesnt make my life any easier too ; infact even i dont have all that 2,6,12 hours to camp. But i would like to see the rare spawn spots to be more active like how it should be so people can actually get out of ogrimmar / SW after raid CDs to try their luck!

P.s: Atleast one person here understood the limited feature's potential in here..Thank you babe and adios guys....Im out of this topic b4 any drama starts!

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Post Posted: 12-04-2017, 19:02:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't see how this would increase the playerbase.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

saturnfever

[Papa Bless]

Post Posted: 12-04-2017, 19:05:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm not getting offended, we just have a difference of opinion. It's about common sense really. After all, you are arguing, it seems, for something that doesn't really affect you, or which doesn't matter that much to you, since you "don't have all that 2,6,12 hours to camp" but you want other players to do so, just to watch them suffer or?

So, since you give an argument such as "on other server it's like that", I'm not allowed to bring it up, and I should "stay out of where you play and where you don't", but on the other hand, you feel free to say regarding other people's arguments: "All they want is life to be easier".

The reason why I'm so vocal about this topic is because it's topics like this that tend to go under the radar, no one gives them too much attention, because no one thinks that they will actually pass as a suggestion towards the server, and then, surprise, it gets implemented. Happened with a lot of other things, and I don't want it to happen to this too.
And for the other things that you said in your post, read my post again, because I'm not going to explain my opinion again, I think I stated my arguments pretty clear.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 17:46:13
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x