User
Pass
2FA

[Priest][Shadow][Glyph] Glyph of Shadow Word: Death

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents
Author Message2045
odes
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-06-2016 19:30)

Votes: 79

Post Posted: 25-09-2015, 17:31:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: Glyph of Shadow Word: Death

Bug description: The glyph causes the spell to award 2 shadow orbs when used twice in a row below 20% hp, one orb for each cast, and it isnt supposed to. Without the glyph the spell works fine and only awards one shadow orb even if used twice, as the tooltip clearly states:

Quote:
A word of dark binding that inflicts 2509 (+215.7% SP) Shadow damage to the target. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health.

If the target does not die, the cooldown is reset, but this additional Shadow Word: Death does not grant a Shadow Orb. This effect has a 9 seconds cooldown.

Proof: Can be tested easily in-game

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 05-01-2016, 21:12:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm not sure this bug report is valid. The tooltip you posted there is from the default spell, this is the tooltip of the glyphed version
Quote:
A word of dark binding that inflicts 627 (+53.9% SP) Shadow damage to the target, and to the caster.

If the target is below 20% health, the target takes four times as much damage and the cooldown is reset if the target does not die. This reset cannot happen more often than once every 9 seconds.

Grants a Shadow Orb if the target is below 20% health.

If the target dies, you take no damage , and gain an additional Shadow Orb if the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death had not been reset in the last 6 seconds.

From what I understand: either you kill the target with the first cast and get 1 shadow orb + 1 additional shadow orb... or you damage the target with 1st cast and get a shadow orb... then you get a second shadow orb when you cast the spell again

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 06-01-2016, 09:16:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Shocker

Ok since you unconfirmed this i had to go ahead and do extra homework to protect my bug reporting pride/skills ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Basically my bug report is completely valid, the issue at hand however is the fact that most people misunderstand how SW:Death works in conjunction with orb generation in the first place.

So i'll explain (might get boring but its necessary to understand the whole issue):

1) Without the glyph, SW:Death can only be cast when a target is at or below 20% hp. If you use it but the target doesnt die, the cooldown resets instantly and you may cast it again, HOWEVER, this second SW:Death WILL NOT GENERATE another shadow orb UNLESS you use it AFTER 6 seconds have passed since the last reset.
Quote:
If the target dies, you take no damage , and gain an additional Shadow Orb if the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death had not been reset in the last 6 seconds.
I assume this is what has confused you and thats what it basically means, in a more simple manner of explaining, it means you can get orbs with SW:Death if you time it correctly every 6 seconds when you are at execute range (20%hp). This is actually not working on freakz right now and needs a separate bug report which i will make if you request it of me.

2) With the glyph
, SW:Death can be cast at any time but for much lower damage, also SW:Death will now cause backlash damage on the priest (like the old version in previous expansions used to work), this is specifically useful in PvP for skilled shadow/disc priests to escape CC's that break on damage taken.
But that is all that the glyph changes, the shadow orb generation within execute range (20%hp) remains unchanged and should behave the same as the original spell without the glyph.

This is what my bug report for the glyph was about, because when you add this glyph you dont have to wait 6 seconds after the reset to get the orb, you can spam it in quick succession and it will award 2 orbs and it shouldnt. Even if you use the glyph, when you reach execute point (20%) the spell should behave normally like i explained in point 1) in terms of shadow orb generation. Basically, even if you have the glyph, you should still have to wait 6 seconds from your last reset to actually get a shadow orb from the *second* SW:death.

3) New Bug!! Discovered it while re-testing, if your FIRST SW:Death cast kills something while having the glyph, it flat out gives you 2 orbs instead of 1, but only the FIRST cast causes this bug, the second one after the reset will award 1, which ofc is still a bug because you can get the orb without having to wait 6 seconds after the reset.

If you have further questions let me know ill try to explain, also here is some sort of proof for the whole *6 second ICD then you can get a new shadow orb* mechanic, some ppl talking about it on mmo-champ .

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quest Objective: Spread cancer all over Freakz.
Quest Status: Quest failed

You can play the entire game from ur Garrison/SW/OG nice mmo would play again Kappa. Retail WoW 2016™
0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 06-01-2016, 12:44:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Please stop wall of texting and actually talk about what I wrote, you simply ignored everything I said.
odes wrote:

3) New Bug!! Discovered it while re-testing, if your FIRST SW:Death cast kills something while having the glyph, it flat out gives you 2 orbs instead of 1, but only the FIRST cast causes this bug, the second one after the reset will award 1, which ofc is still a bug because you can get the orb without having to wait 6 seconds after the reset.
Again, judging from the tooltip, THIS IS CORRECT, you SHOULD get 2 orbs if you kill the target on first cast:
Quote:
Grants a Shadow Orb if the target is below 20% health. (+1 shadow orb because the target is below 20% HP)

If the target dies, you take no damage , and gain an additional Shadow Orb if the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death had not been reset in the last 6 seconds. (+1 shadow orb because you killed the target and didn't have the cooldown reset in the last 6 seconds)

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

odes
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 06-01-2016, 16:47:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, im going to repeat myself, the glyph DOES NOT / IS NOT SUPPOSED TO change how SW:Death generates orbs, this entire bullshit with the 6 sec icd rule is part of the default spell ok? Can we just clear that up?
Quote:
(+1 shadow orb because you killed the target and didn't have the cooldown reset in the last 6 seconds)

The second SW:Death doesnt even have to kill the target, this doesnt matter at all its just stated weirdly in the tooltip. As long as you wait 6 seconds after it resets, it will generate another shadow orb when you cast it a second time. But this mechanic doesnt work at the moment, i tested in-game with stopwatch.

Second, i'm trying to explain to you that the glyph is causing sw:death to IGNORE that 6 sec icd rule (which doesnt even work to begin with), and you can get the second shadow orb by casting death again immediately, and it is not supposed to do that. This is what the original report was about.

Are we clear so far?

As for the 3rd bug, i'll post a video soon because if you think that getting 2 shadow orbs from one cast of sw: death is normal then somethin aint right, i probably didnt explain it correctly or whatever.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5mwgWfrlgdM:

.be

As you can see, i kill the mob with a single cast of sw:death, but it gives me 2 orbs instead of 1, now i'll repeat a 3rd time, the glyph is not supposed to *** with the shadow orb generation rules. You're supposed to get 1 orb per cast as long as you are at 20% hp, no matter if the target dies or not. The second sw: death cannot give a shadow orb unless at least 6 seconds have passed since the last reset. Its pretty simple.

1 sw cast = 1 orb
but in the video, 1 sw cast = 2 orbs, and it only happens when using the glyph, without the glyph it works just fine.

Quest Objective: Spread cancer all over Freakz.
Quest Status: Quest failed

You can play the entire game from ur Garrison/SW/OG nice mmo would play again Kappa. Retail WoW 2016™
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Erudax, 18 March 2016 17:31

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> CONFIRMED Class spells / talents  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 02:28:01
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x