User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] [The Broken Shore] The Mage Tower

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message773
Tzelanit

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-01-2023 00:20)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 15-06-2020, 22:10:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/quest_helper.php?quest=46772&&name=the-mage-tower

Bug description: One of my characters, Garua, has a broken quest chain on The Broken Shore, specifically "The Mage Tower." I'm unable to complete construction of The Mage Tower, and the quest is no longer in my log. I can see the banner to click on The Mage Tower to build it, but the cinematic plays and then nothing happens. As the quest is no longer in my log, I can't abandon it to pick it up and try again. This issue has persisted since the latest big patch into 7.3.5. None of my other characters have had this issue as they've completed it before this patch. Please reset my character to allow me to pick up the quest or auto-complete it, as this is a simple quest where you just need to walk 3 feet and click on something and doesn't require effort. Failing that, please put the quest back into my log and fix The Mage Tower banner so that clicking it actually completes it when the cinematic is complete. This is halting all Broken Shore quest progression, which in turn, halts my ability to get the class mount.

And I want to stress, I've done this quest on at least 5-6 of my other max level alts with no issue, so this isn't a situation where I'm failing to understand something.

Proof: In this picture, you can see the entirety of my quest log that shows that the quest is not there, my mini-map showing that there's no quest to pick up and try again, and the "complete construction" banner is flashing repeatedly.

https://imgur.com/a/q2ID8te

And yes, I've deleted all of the necessary files/folders and have done the usual things that fix many problems and the issue hasn't been corrected.

Last edited by Tzelanit on 18-06-2020, 07:39:00; edited 6 times in total
0 0

Pieczyyea

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-08-2023 21:18)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 20-06-2020, 14:32:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello!
Please write a ticket in game asking for this q, if you think this is a problem. However this mage tower quest is not needed for broken shore campaign, it's totally optional.

0 0

Tzelanit

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-01-2023 00:20)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 21-06-2020, 06:55:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pieczyyea wrote:
Hello!
Please write a ticket in game asking for this q, if you think this is a problem. However this mage tower quest is not needed for broken shore campaign, it's totally optional.

"The Mage Tower" quest is a part of "Begin Construction" quests to complete The Mage Tower, The Command Center, and The Nether Disruptor.
Once those are completed, you get the "Defending the Broken Isles" quest, which leads into the rest of the quest chain that ends with "Strike Them Down" to complete The Broken Shore, which then allows you to pick up your class mount quest. As I have no quests to pick up to continue the quest line, as indicated by my screenshot, I cannot continue the quest chain.

If it were totally optional, I would have just bypassed it. It was not optional on any of the other of the other 13 level 110 characters that I have on the server, so that information is incorrect. I also put in a ticket the other day and waited around for almost an hour and fifteen minutes with no response in the afternoon (on server time) when a lot of people were around.

It's odd that this is the only character out of 13 max level characters that I've had an issue on. It makes me wonder if it's somehow related to the fact that this is my first allied race character.

In any event, please see the following wowhead guide for a breakdown of the quest chain for reference. Quest #4 "Legionfall Supplies" is a prerequisite for "Begin Construction." "Legionfall Supplies" is unavailable despite the fact that I've completed Quest #2, which is the "Assault on Broken Shore" scenario. I cannot move on to "Defending Broken Isles" to continue the quest as normal because Quest #4 "Legionfall Supplies" is unobtainable because I cannot complete Quest #8 "Begin Construction" because "The Mage Tower" portion of "Begin Construction" is not in my quest log, and unavailable at the NPC, and the flag to "complete construction" on The Mage Tower is flashing and bugged.

https://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-broken-shore-guide

UPDATE: I get an error when I try to submit a ticket in-game.

Last edited by Tzelanit on 21-06-2020, 06:57:22; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Tadashi

[Very Important Person]

(since 19-02-2023 16:00)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 21-06-2020, 07:15:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Solved in-game

Life's greatest mystery: If u eat yourself do u get twice as big or just disappear?

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Tadashi, 21 June 2020 05:15

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 17:54:45
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x