User
Pass
2FA

Revitalising pvp in all brackets(2s/3s/soloqueue)
Go to page     

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message12793
Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 21-10-2017, 13:58:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I`m writing this post hoping one of the head gms will do something to revitalise pvp, since it`s kinda dead atm(we can barely see 1-2 teams @2s at peak hours).
SO let`s start. First i suggest to bring back the goodies vendors(yes, vendors). First the rewards should start at a lower rate, to reward the casual players too.

1. The first vendor should be with pvp mounts like it was on mop realm (you can use the tbc, wotlk, cataclysm and mop, since you said you won`t use those as pvp seasons) one more it would be a great idea to start from some low rate like ~16-700 to reward the casual players too, since we have plenty of mounts to chose (from swift nether drake - tbc season 1 to prideful mount - mop season 15)

2. The second vendor should contain legacy pvp elite gear + weapons and tabards, since all players love transmog. You can keep 1 tabard rewarding the rank 1 pvp team for the future pvp events. With the elite sets we should start with cataclysm (vicious, ruthless, cataclysmic), mop (malevo->prideful) and wod(prima->warmongering). And the tabards should start from wotlk(Furious, relentless, wrathful), mop and wod. Again, if you want to keep 1-2-3 tabards for rewarding rank 1 players, go on. If you need help, i can give myself a hand in finding all the item ids needed.

Moreover you should bring back the 3v3, soloqueue and i propose 2v2 vote points quests. 20/30 wins for each bracket for 10/15 vote points per quest. i think it`s not a big deal, 30-45 vote points/week.

The vote points quests were a great succes back when they were first implemented @mop realm. So i think bringing them back on the legion realm will make pvp move a little upwards.

Any new suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: I saw that skirmish 2v2 is very populated, so i think if we can reward those players to play 2s/3s those brackets will be populated too.
Edit 2: I think you should script the 2s and 3s loot boxes after each win (as it is on blizzard) as you can see it here
Edit 3: Also, as there are several events (weekly, for example this with skirmish increased honor), is it possible to make the same for 2s/3s ?
Edit 4: could we get the arena spectate fixed? (it just doesn`t show all the active matches)
Also, i think it would be nice that we should make a 3v3 tournament just to show them that you care about pvp and to show how pvp works here.

Tikky wrote:
I agree that there should be custom quests added to the game but in my opinion the most important thing is the fact that if you are trying to see the situation from the perspective of a casual player there's no reason to play pvp in terms of progression.The gear you get at low rating is way worse than the pve gear that can be obtained WAY easier and you will also get 0 rewards at the end of a season.On retail people start getting titles from very low rating(1550-1600 is challenger level from what i've seen) but here on freakz as a casual player you definetly won't get any titles/mounts/tabards since very few are given out so there is no motivation to do pvp for these players which lets be honest is the majority of the playerbase.

regarding Tikky's words. We should reward casual players with titles too, as blizzard does. These are the legion season 5 title cutoffs from blizzard https://imgur.com/a/qbjD8, as you can see challenger begins at 1588 rate, which is prety low. Implementing a wider range of titles will make casual players queuing into 2s/3s. What i`m trying to say is that we should modify the current rewards system, make duelist, rival and challenger titles only last a season and cut the ladder other way that is now.
For example:
Rank 1 titles 1-3 (or 1-6, depending on popularity)
Gladiator title 4-6 or 4-9
Duelist title 10-16 or 10-20
Rival Title 21-30 or 21-36/40
Duelist title 31-50

Something just like this. It doesn`t have to be the same, but more titles -> more people will queue, because players want to be rewarded. Casuals won`t queue if they know they don`t have a chance at a title/sth else. Right now Duelist/rival/challenger titles on freakz just feels like ~gladiator on blizz, why? because they don't fulfill the basic purupose of those titles, which is rewarding the casuals, and making pvp a progressive grinding. Let's say that John it`s a basic player, he gets challenger this season, the next season John had enough experience from the prievous season, and will try to push the ladder for rival, and so on. Just give this project a try, just one or two seasons.[/url]

Last edited by Amnezx on 02-11-2017, 11:35:11; edited 4 times in total
6 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page     

The time now is 29-03-2024, 06:52:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x