User
Pass
2FA

Reviving PvP
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message14025
Fair

[^^ Events MC ^^]

(since 28-08-2022 08:30)

Votes: 414

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 18:13:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

on retail you have stream to watch if your class is "broken/bad etc". Since the try harding mode to play ret doesn't entertain me and the only reason for my log in was too watch my "virtual friends" playing arenas, of course, they are playing only good class and is loveable to watch them winning <3 and comment stuffs with them about server mechanics and other things while watching what we talking about, I don't see the problem. I don't wanna play another class "because patch" like others. in 2 years since mop "release" I have more arena watched than played so now you "tooked" this from me and is really annyoing since there are a lot of ways to dodge players with or w/o arena spectate, this was an unnecessary decision. I`m done for now, waiting for WoD.

0 1

Frostfang

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-10-2021 12:41)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 18:23:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

whatever decision shocker makes, someone will be unhappy. He cannot satisfy you all.

Guardian Druid Tanking Guide

2 0

Scott

[Maniac]

(since 03-04-2023 21:32)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 18:37:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So after your all logic, a guy won't ever be a football player because he watches football on tv. 10/10 logic. Spectate npc had 0 influence on me of queueing or not queueing for arenas!
Like Fair said, I used to watch arenas after doing w/e, but now instead of watching someone else I will just log off, probably other will do the same so the only benefit from this will be -20 to 50 players on the online player count.
Also other benefits of spectate npc like spotting win trading players, or find class bugs will be gone.
As for snipping, you can just add people to friends or use the /who command or you will disable this too? That would be another great idea, a new player comes to this server and can't see where he's friend is and says wtf is this shit server, even friend list is broken.

1 0

Shadowy

[Creep]

(since 02-09-2017 16:49)

Votes: 40

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 19:06:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Scott wrote:
As for snipping, you can just add people to friends or use the /who command or you will disable this too? That would be another great idea, a new player comes to this server and can't see where he's friend is and says wtf is this shit server, even friend list is broken.

Yeah and i`m not a newcomer and i`m all like wtf is this comment, did you read anything? They don't disable it at all, it just shows last zone map while in arena.

@Fair, arena spectate was a custom made thing which was really nice, i enjoyed it too. But right now it's to pathetic, no1 ever ques into other high rated teams because of this cancer mentality. Instead of sniping those high rated teams, people just potato afk near the npc till they stop queing because "they don't have any chance".
We could bring back arena spectate once we get a better pvp community(more international players) who enjoy the game even when they try to beat a top team and lose without crying.

0 0

mental^depress

[3301]

(since 16-12-2017 10:05)

Votes: 100

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 19:36:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Scott wrote:
Spectate npc had 0 influence on me of queueing or not queueing for arenas!
Like Fair said, I used to watch arenas after doing w/e, but now instead of watching someone else I will just log off, probably other will do the same so the only benefit from this will be -20 to 50 players on the online player count.

It will be added back if the situation gets better, at least the queues. It isn't a problem since the NPC already has its scripts, only the spawns will be a problem but not a big one.

Scott wrote:

Regarding the ''/who'' command and the friend list, i guess you didn't read my post, don't you? I already said over and over that the '' /who '' command should be changed in a way that it should display the player's last zone ( ex: Elwynn Forest / Durotar ) if the player is already in a zone marked as an ''arena'' on '' /who ''. The same with Friend List, if your friend is in an ''arena zone'', it should just display him in the last zone he was before entering the arena. Or, let me put it simple for all of you: '' /who blade's edge '', '' /who ruins of lord '', '' /who *insert player name * '', etc, won't display an '' arena '' zone anymore, same with the friend list.

0 0

Sumoo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2019 08:48)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 20:37:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

How am i supposed to explain this? MAIN PROBLEM OF NPC IS THAT IT MAKES PEOPLE LAZY! I said so many times, just go to durotar/elwyn and see how players are gathered around NPC as if it was fkin camp fire. Whenever i would spectate some high rated match i would check spectators and would see like 20 players, at least 10 good players that could potentially queue instead of watching. This is mentality of many players and i was affected by it sometimes as well, instead of finding someone to q with i would just spectate 2 teams fighting each other for 30 mins, after game ends i would keep checking npc to see if game has started again.

Another good thing is that you cannot see who is playing and what comp so you will have to blind queue. Before, when someone wanted to cap he would log, see comp that counters him playing, give up and delay it for day after.

NPC is good to have for tournaments and events but being up 24/7 is lame.

Also why don't you give some better ideas that would help PvP situation?

1 0

Hanryishere

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-08-2016 21:41)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 21:13:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The main reason reason for not playing pvp here on freakz is expansion,rememb freakz wolkt-cata(4.0.6) times? i do,a lot of arenas and world pvp.Shocker did a lot of things to motivate pvp but no result.
So in my opinion the pvp problem here is caused by 70% expansion and 30% players .
Btw Remove arena spectate is a really bad idea,think about wintraders.

Last edited by Hanryishere on 19-07-2016, 21:38:18; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 21:29:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Shocker wrote:
Do you really think a random transmog/etc will be more interesting than IRL $$?

The idea here is to stimulate the players with more and more to play,although all the transmog items are obtainable by farming/vote shop/killing bosses etc,like i said,you could make something unique like making a transmog vendor and allowing people to transmog into cloth as a plater for example.Trust me,it will do something.Legendary weapons for transmog would also be sick as hell,but i think everything will become way too shiny...

@Freak regarding ele shamans,yeah that's actually pretty true,today i played a lot of solo queues and i got matched with some ele sham i've never heard of and he was playing like average player,then i played against him and all i was hearing was the Lava Burst sound and the mastery proc / echo of elements.

@Frost mages,i cannot say this class is balanced,but by watching videos @Living Bomb seasons i kinda find them way op'er than they are here.If you meant that mages also get a lot of procs,basically that's the idea of duo/triple dotting with living bomb and @Fingers it's kinda normal,but seriously,since i started MoP seriously i watched so many videos so i can learn how this expansion works and i find mages sooooooo op on retail and not like the difference between freakz and retail is big,but if retail is 10/10 freakz is 8/10.

I personally like to play the proper game and i can't wait for the day when rogues are going to ditch this combat spec and start playing subtlety...Still have no clue why they choose combat than sub.("sub does no damage" thingy is unknown for me i know combat is op as fk xd)

DK damage is also kinda insane,but i think that's normal and it has nothing to do with bugs or whatever else.

@Shockeru about game-breaking bugs reply...Well man,specially regarding the top pvp players i doubt they complain about their own classes,actually the opposite-mostly they/we complain about other classes.I think you need like 1-2-3 people on a position that they follow the game (@PvP) and when there is something that's not okay,report to the devs and look into the problem,that's exactly how the most scripted PvP servers used to work and a lot of ppl will agree with me about that for sure..

Btw,i don't find any "hostile" manner here,it's just the actual truth,if we don't talk with facts then we will most likely change nothing.And yeah,i also don't find normal people that are older than 16 years to not know basic english,so they can communicate with others.Russians and spanish people are the best example @this topic,i've NEVER ever met any spanish or russian guy in a ru/spanish server that i whispered in english and they reply in english..What happens is either cyka cyka or hola hola :v

Still can't understand why don't you think of implementing the weapon enchant transmog vendor? - It's pretty unique :\

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
0 0

Fair

[^^ Events MC ^^]

(since 28-08-2022 08:30)

Votes: 414

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 21:35:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

you can predict someone's comp just by targeting him in Elwynn / Durotar and check his buffs / auras. After this you can dodge teams by staying with target on them and after they go in arena you can safely queue and here you go. Dodge can be done with or without Arena Spectate. IMO this was the best feature implemented here.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 21:37:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Let's just see if it affects PvP in any way or not. If not, we will readd it. Arguing over this continuously won't help

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
1 0

raven3

[Creep]

(since 12-05-2022 06:35)

Votes: 188

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 22:41:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Honestly... IMO the only way to stimulate pvp is with rating requirements for pvp items.
That's why the malevolent season was so great.
People played their *** of to get to 2k and 2.2k for the shoulders and head pieces.
And people played 3v3 to get the t2 weapon.
Now anyone can get full gear by grinding 1800-2000 conq a week.
I know it's a little to late now but I would bet anything that if let's say the prideful shoulders would have required 2k at 3v3 and the head piece 1.9k ... right now there would have been like at least 4-5 teams quewing...

3 0

Kyrax
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 11-11-2017 01:14)

Votes: 154

Post Posted: 19-07-2016, 23:35:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

"Make something unique like making a transmog vendor and allowing people to transmog into cloth as a plater for example.Trust me,it will do something.Legendary weapons for transmog would also be sick as hell"
"Still can't understand why don't you think of implementing the weapon enchant transmog vendor? - It's pretty unique :\ "
Let's make this server full custom -_- . Already it is a quest for 30 vote points , let's also offer donated mounts and some custom items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pamGqyxnohE
0 1

Shadowy

[Creep]

Post Posted: 20-07-2016, 10:35:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

raven3 wrote:
Honestly... IMO the only way to stimulate pvp is with rating requirements for pvp items.
People played their *** of to get to 2k and 2.2k for the shoulders and head pieces.
I know it's a little to late now but I would bet anything that if let's say the prideful shoulders would have required 2k at 3v3 and the head piece 1.9k ... right now there would have been like at least 4-5 teams quewing...

This. Idk why we didn't add rating requirements for grievious/prideful gear. 2-3 items(maybe weapons too) with 3v3 rating requirement would be just enough. One of the best suggestion and it worked during malevolent season.

Kyrax wrote:
"Make something unique like making a transmog vendor and allowing people to transmog into cloth as a plater for example.Trust me,it will do something.Legendary weapons for transmog would also be sick as hell"
"Still can't understand why don't you think of implementing the weapon enchant transmog vendor? - It's pretty unique :\ "
Let's make this server full custom -_- . Already it is a quest for 30 vote points , let's also offer donated mounts and some custom items.

we said transmog vendor, not donated mounts or custom items. but what can i expect from a guy who has nothing to do with arenas.

1 0

iordanluis65

[Amia Miley]

(since 13-02-2018 22:51)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 20-07-2016, 11:55:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

raven3 wrote:

Why do u think they removed rating requirements for items?
Malevolent season was great? With what was great? Any random could make 2.8k+ rating and get full gear.
Shocker next time make a questionnaire. Removing Arena Apectate was the WORST idea you could take.

0 0

Shadowy

[Creep]

Post Posted: 20-07-2016, 12:00:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

iordanluis65 wrote:
Why do u think they removed rating requirements for items?
Malevolent season was great? With what was great? Any random could make 2.8k+ rating and get full gear.
Shocker next time make a questionnaire. Removing Arena Apectate was the WORST idea you could take.

It was way better than what we have atm. The only problem was the mmr system which had a small broken part which got fixed and that's why you don't see people at 2.5k rating anymore in 2s. Anyway, it's still better to work your *** to "Any random could make 2.8k+ rating" rather than do 10 games each week and sit at 1.5k max because you don't need more rating to get full gear.

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 19 October 2016 20:13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 20:01:09
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x