User
Pass
2FA

Survival hunter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3128
kalantinus

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-11-2018 10:09)

Post Posted: 30-10-2018, 14:12:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi,
I am thinking about starting palying hunter. However I do not like ranged spec so I'd like to ask if survival spec is viable to play on this server? Is it bugged a lot? Is it even worth to play?

0 0

pixcals

[Warlolololock]

(since 05-03-2022 18:18)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 30-10-2018, 15:50:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i havent seen many Sv Hunters at all, some people rarely play BM , I recently started hunter and was told that MM is the best spec to play.
hope this helps.

0 0

Palanormal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-04-2020 13:21)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 30-10-2018, 18:22:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well, I did a little bit of research and a common factor that I found across the board is Survival Hunter mains on Retail (7.1.5) said they are having an okay time right now, but they really wish they just had and I quote, "Flat damage buffs." I looked at Icy Veins patch notes for 7.1.5 just to see what's changed for this patch, and I found generally, it got a pretty good buff since last patch. The information I found is here. You will probably have to scroll down a bit to find survival hunters but it's there.
Quote:
I'd like to ask if survival spec is viable to play on this server?

This depends on a lot of things, which boss encounter are you currently on, how familiar you are with the class, what sort of gear do you have, what difficulty is the raid/dungeon on, and so on. I found two links, the first one here shows you the standings on all classes in Nighthold. But, take this information as a grain of salt, because each class is decked out in in T19 as you can see in the chart, and it doesn't breakdown each DPS standings for each boss, it's just a general DPS output chart. Obviously, some classes and specs outshine the others depending on which boss the raid group is on. Which is why charts like these aren't.. entirely useful. Just something to look at and see where you stand. According to that site, it stands as the best hunter in T19. I found another link on the official battle.net forums that a player created stating the "Total damage" for all bosses in Heroic Nighthold. Survival ranks 11th, but best out of the 3. Again, take this link as a grain of salt. It's only a "general" damage done chart which really doesn't get into the real detail that you want, such as which bosses are survival good on, and which ones they aren't.

Because I suspect we will move forward to 7.2.5 possibly by the end of this year, I wanted to look long term for you, and see what changed in 7.2.0 and 7.2.5 for survival hunters, I didn't find much for 7.2.0 in regards to changes/buffs/nerfs when it came to Survival Hunter, if anyone else has insight on this then they will post here and inform you. As for 7.2.5 changes, I found 2 buffs in the official patch notes that state : Survival Dragonsfire Grenade damage increased by 33%. Explosive Trap now has a damage radius of 8 yards (was 5 yards). These were found here. 2 buffs, minor or not, still good for the class.

Quote:
Is it bugged a lot? Is it even worth to play?

I'm going to squish these 2 questions together because they sort of work together. Is it bugged a lot? Definitely not, the staff here, more specifically the developers maintain and fix things daily. If you come across a suspecting bug that's when you report it, and they will fix it to their best ability. Is it worth to play is dependent entirely on you, it's what you want to play and it's what sort of play style you enjoy. Regardless of how good it is, you're always going to find willing raid groups that are going to bring you in, and you're always going to find ways to maximize your potential on Survival Hunter.

My apologies if this is too long for you, I like to get in really deep when it comes to questions like these, and I only like to give the person who asked the question what I believe is okay or good evidence. I personally have no experience with survival hunter which means I could be entirely wrong, so this is all from sites like Battlenet, Icy Veins, and so on. All in my opinion are most of the time, credible. Good day.

0 0

yeticek

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-04-2019 10:14)

Post Posted: 30-10-2018, 22:18:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

i wrote guides for BM an MM which i played and planned to write one for SURVI too but ended on retail BFA

but my insights on this class on this patch legion

+ if you master it you have nice DPS formidable with other hunter specs
+ its fun for ppl who want to play spec who allways need to watch things bursts buffs and so on
+ a little change -

- its another meleee under boss not so good view of a fight
- its one of hardest specs to play similar to cement shaman

In general its hard u neeed to watch your buffs boss debuffs stacks CDs on spells if u want to play hard class this is choice for you. If u want to play good easy dps go for MM or better BM

0 0

kalantinus

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-11-2018 10:09)

Post Posted: 31-10-2018, 15:21:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you all for helpful answers you are all very nice -. Gonna roll survival hunter then

Update @ 31-10-2018, 15:21:48

Thanks for in depth answer. I will roll survival hunter then -

0 0

Foxed

[Creep]

(since 21-11-2019 18:46)

Votes: 72

Post Posted: 04-11-2018, 00:16:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It is gear dependant, you need bis legendaries and some tier pieces to start doing some dmg, single target dmg is on the lower side, but it is good if you ply butchery into m+ doing insane dmg with proper legendaries vs many mobs. But it is a more than 2 button spec and it isnt boring so 10 out of 10 score

https://www.freakz.ro/forum/achievement-Unique-a176.html
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 16:29:08
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x