User
Pass
2FA

The Data Folder taking up space

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message549
luka76

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-05-2020 16:09)

Post Posted: 17-02-2019, 15:13:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So the "data" folder in "Data" is taking up 60.6 GB of storage space on my disk, and that's almost the entire disk... how do i tone this down, there are many data.002; data.003... files that each take up a single GB.

Is there a fix for this or is it supposed to be like this?

0 0

Tadashi

[Very Important Person]

(since 19-02-2023 16:00)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 17-02-2019, 15:16:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

My data folder is: 46,9 GB (50.382.092.410 bytes)

So you might have some double files in it, at least it's not normal

Life's greatest mystery: If u eat yourself do u get twice as big or just disappear?

1 0

Ferociousstar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 06-09-2020 07:27)

Post Posted: 17-02-2019, 20:19:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Do you use the download while play launcher? if yes i remember when i played on a different server with the same option sometimes that could bug out and download multiple files over and over again stacking them together making the game folder bigger than its supposed to be.
i do know that you had to delete the data folder every once in a while because the game would always download it again while you played if that works on Freakz i do not know and i wouldnt recommend testing it unless someone says otherwise.

i use the full client and my whole game folder is roughly 50GB so it does sound like something gone fishy and its downloaded some files twice.

1 0

luka76

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-05-2020 16:09)

Post Posted: 18-02-2019, 14:07:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Tadashi wrote:
My data folder is: 46,9 GB (50.382.092.410 bytes)

So you might have some double files in it, at least it's not normal

Ferociousstar wrote:
Do you use the download while play launcher? if yes i remember when i played on a different server with the same option sometimes that could bug out and download multiple files over and over again stacking them together making the game folder bigger than its supposed to be.
i do know that you had to delete the data folder every once in a while because the game would always download it again while you played if that works on Freakz i do not know and i wouldnt recommend testing it unless someone says otherwise.

i use the full client and my whole game folder is roughly 50GB so it does sound like something gone fishy and its downloaded some files twice.

Well I tried to see if there was anything that was double but it didn't seem that way, i'll just try re-downloading it since i upgraded it from the MoP launcher so maybe i accidentally got smn wrong when i was doing that, hopefully it's resolved. But thank you for the replies -

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Tadashi, 18 February 2019 17:05

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 24-04-2024, 01:50:28
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x