User
Pass
2FA

[War Mode] Kind of unwanted PvP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other
Author Message289
monmon21

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-02-2022 14:58)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 28-12-2020, 12:03:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=85222&name=light-of-dawn

Character name: Astrusa

Bug description: You can be attacked outside of war mode if you manage to heal an active pvp player.

Proof:
The point is - if your war mode is off(and my was) you can not directly heal an active war mode player. It prevents you from healing them with a message that tells you to go enable pvp first.
But, if in an event of active pvp fight one of the pvping players steps in to your AOE heal, like Light of Dawn from holy paladin, he WILL get healed from it and you will be flagged for pvp even if you dont want it. I had this happened multiple times. Im usually am super undergeared for this kind of activities so all i do in cases like this is just stay and award the guy with a free kill.
It usualy unflags you from pvp as soon as you die but this is not garanteed. If enemy player from that encounter has pets - those pets usually stay as enemies for you and are kind of attackable with aoe spells, if you can hit them properly.

The majority of those kind of things happens at World Quest locations, which usually have someone there doing them. Random pvp starts, guy sees a hpal and runs towards them coz he nows i spam Light of Dawn to heal myself. And then i get rekt for it afterwards. Its mildly inconvenient, and costs you a couple of minutes to go back to your body but thats pretty much it.
You shouldnt be able to heal warmode player if you are not in war mode. Even with aoe heals.

Steps to reproduce:
- get 2 guys to help you with it. One of your faction and one of the opposite. Preferably have a hunter with pets on or DK with a ghoul on an enemy side;
- make sure they are in War Mode and you are not.
- incite a fight between them;
- heal your guy with something like hpal`s Light of Dawn to help him win. It needs to be a spell that heals over an area and not a direct one;
[potentialy, there is a talent in hpal`s tree that allows you to reset cooldown for Light of Dawn on use and cast it for free. The free version of that might be a different spell(technicaly)];
- wait for enemy player to respawn and resummon his pets;
- ask enemy player if he can hit you now and actually fight him;
- let him kill you and respawn;
- see if you can hit his pet with something that hits over an area and if you could trigger that pet to retaliate.

Last edited by monmon21 on 28-12-2020, 19:27:35; edited 5 times in total
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Arkod, 08 February 2021 15:26

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Other  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 07:20:43
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x