User
Pass
2FA

Windows 10 Update / Read-only cant be removed due the update
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show all posts
Author Message4143
ivow95

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-07-2020 00:19)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 16:06:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Windows 10 recent update sets all folders in the system to read-only, I have tried more then 14-15 things to do to change that but its useless

even if you set read only and apply changes, nothing happens on Data folder nor on any file/folder in Data folder.

is it come to a point where I need to delete Windows 10 to be able to play?

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 16:25:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello ivow95,

There is no such update for Windows 10.

"Read only" is a property that only applies to files inside folders, folders themselves can't be or not be read only, this is why you see a filled out box instead of either an empty box or a tick. This filled out box is a default state that only exists for folders, you can only put a tick or an empty box to folders to change all the files inside them, but the folder itself will show the filled box again after. If you check the files inside the folder you'll see that none of them are set to read only.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 17:24:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You need to download the full torrent from this topic: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-download-t452441.html

Remove read only from the whole folder, just to be safe you can set all executables (WoW and launcher_freakz) to run with admin privileges.

Then you can run it.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 19:01:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If it's just sitting there it means that your files are incomplete, and it's trying to download them - which, as of March this year, is no longer possible.

Try performing a force re-check of files in the torrent client, see if that changes anything.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 19:32:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well, the re-check downloads files again which it found to not be the way it should be. It only keeps files intact that are 100% identical to the source file (how they're meant to be).

So if you have to redownload everything.. something corrupted every single file somehow.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 19:51:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There can definitely be slight mistakes when downloading files through peer2peer sharing, however, that should definitely not be the case for EVERY file.

Which Torrent client are you using to download the game?

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 20:28:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

There is no need to copy the Launcher. A launcher is already included in the torrent, it's an older version, but it's able to update itself.

The error you uploaded is a relatively recent error, it indicates missing files failing to download as they're no longer available on Blizzard's CDN server.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 23-09-2019, 22:08:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Are you sure it's the storage component CAS error? That one is fixed by removing read only, there's no way that it would still pop up if you've removed the read only property, absolutely impossible.

There are many more CAS errors, they look quite similar.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 24-09-2019, 15:39:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Makes perfect sense, and the conclusion is still the same: You're missing data.

When starting the game, the first thing it does is writing something to the shmem file inside the data folder - if this file is set to read only, you get the storage component CAS error right away.
The next thing the game does is checking whether or not the data files are present and compatible. Should it find any errors, it'll attempt to download files from Blizzard's CDN. However, since all data from versions older than 8.0.1 have been removed from said CDN in March, it's unable to do so. It should show a small CAS error window after a while (several hours) saying "failed to load manifest for patch 70205 at key [insert a very long gibberish code]".

Can you upload screenshots of the following, please?
-The properties of the Data -> data folder (filesize especially)
-The contents of the Data -> config folder
-The contents of the Data -> indices folder

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 24-09-2019, 18:14:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes, that is correct.

What's not correct is the filesize of the data folder. It should be 42.9 GB.

You are missing data.040, data.041 and data.042.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 14:39:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

ivow95 wrote:
Wow... is there a way for you to pack those files and post them here cuz everytime i do force re check and download on torret it doesnt download those data files?

and for the record , friend of mine also has only up to data.039 and his game is running normaly.

Those files are not included in torrent download, i tought lets download them separately and just copy/paste them in Data>data folder
there were no Data.040 data.041 data.042 files included

i want to fix this tonight so i can play...

Not possible due to how the client handles these files. You see how each of these Data files has a size of exactly 1.048.576 KB? (This equals 1 GB)
The way it works is that the data is split into parts, with seemless transitions from 1 file to the next. This goes on until the last bit of data is reached, the last file is smaller in size.

Now, since your client ends on data.039 but mine ends on data.042, that seemless transition isn't given, the client would fail to read these files.

cryptonite26 wrote:
Yeah also downloaded the client from the torrent in the link from freakz, my alt is now stuck in Dust Wallow Marsh. I'm downloading another server's legion client and then gonna download the freakz launchers and see if that works.

It won't, unless the other server runs on the exact same patch and build as we do. (7.2.5.24742) Up- or downgrading between patches is no longer possible since Blizzard removed the data from the CDN back in March.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 14:48:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I really fail to see the issue here, I don't know what's causing these problems for you.

The torrent works perfectly fine, the only real problem I'm aware of is when you try downloading it through a WebTorrent client, that will cause incomplete and missing files, but as long as you use a proper Torrent client (most people use uTorrent) there really shouldn't be anything wrong.

Are you trying to download through WiFi, is your connection unstable and cuts off a lot? That would be a plausible explanation, but other than that, there's no reason for these problems to occur.

Only other thing I can recommend is to let a friend or someone else download the client for you, make sure it works, then transfer it through an external hard drive.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:44:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't play with the current torrent on this PC (although I have it downloaded), my version of the game that I actively use is an old 7.1.5 version from retail, patched to 7.2.5 back when that was still possible on release day of 7.2.5 on WoW Freakz.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:49:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

What place exactly in Dustwallow?

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 2 days ago)

Post Posted: 25-09-2019, 16:59:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seems fine, I am in Theramore, walked around, flew a few circles around it.. no problems.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 19:32:55
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x