User
Pass
2FA

[Demon Hunter][PvP] Havoc Guide 7.1.5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message22682
Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

(since 10-04-2020 14:57)

Votes: 50

Post Posted: 29-07-2017, 12:06:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Because I saw that almost 31% of the classes played are DH, I enjoy to share my experience in PvP for this spec.

My name and armory: https://armory.wow-freakz.com/character/felsong/Rngbraindead

Part 1 Talents

Tier1

As for 7.1.5, the main talent in pvp is Felblade. This talent gives you mobility, is kind a charge and can be used with glide, fel rush and vengeful retreat if enemy is close or far from you.

Tier2

In most every matchup, Demon Blades is best talent for this tier. It gives you most consistent damage.
Demonic Appetite should be selected only when your team needs more stun effects. This spell generate Soul Fragments which reduce the cd of your Chaos Nova and Eye Beam (see trait on artefact).

Tier3

Bloodlet is your main choice in this tier because gives you most consistent damage.

Tier4

Netherwalk is primary! You can counter burst, you can counter an eventual killing of you and gives you mobility to go back to your healer, to loss the enemy. 2min cd for "ice block movable" is godlike.
Desperate Instincts is an alternative talent which fits better only when you encounter teams based on DoT cleaves and you don't need to benefit from immunity. If you are playing with Relentless and you get stunned, this talent provide a great survivability and less likely to be killed.

Tier5

Momentum is primary on this tier! It gives you most consistent damage and it is not forcing you to train one target.
Nemesis is a second choice and is good only for setups that are going to kill (3v3 arena), such as DH/boomkin and DH/any melee, most good matchup with Warrior. This talent also provide a burst of damage to force the enemy defense cds more faster.

Tier6

Master of the Glaive is the only choice on this tier. It gives you 2x Throw Glaives, you kite the enemy very easily and gives you better damage options while you are not in melee range.

Tier7

Fel Barrage -> short CD, a lot of damage, AOE burst, all you need as a demon hunter.
Chaos Blades is for the same setups as Nemesis, setups that are going to kill and you can cross CC. Is not good with Momentum!

Tips how to use talents:

-> Felblade, if enemy is a class with high mobility (rdruid or mist monk/ww monk) and you are near them, use Glide and Felblade to train, you need to keep your Fel Rush for any mobility cd of them (ex: displacer beast from druid)
-> Bloodlet, try to keep it 100% time up, when you are going to burst, you need to have 2x Trow Glaive up.
-> Momentum

*Is used only with these abilities: Fel Barrage, Eye Beam, Fury of Ilidari and Chaos Strike. Do not spend on Throw Glaive (only if you are going to kill) or Blade Dance.
*Do not "EAT" buff duration -> you need addon WeakAuras to track full duration for maxim damage benefit.

*Example how to use Momentum properly:
Fury of Ilidari -> Vengeful Retreat to apply 70% slow and you are sure that they will receive all damage from artefact -> Felblade if you wanna train again on the target (Do not use Fel Rush, you will lose Buff Duration!)
Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat -> Eye Beam
Fel Rush/Vengeful Retreat -> Fel Barrage

-> Fel Barrage, used only with 4-5 stacks, you are going to use below 4 stacks only when you are going to kill.

Part 2 Honor Talents

Tier1

Gladiator's Medallion is good vs setups that are going to kill you in stun, DH is quite squishy and susceptible do die in stuns, so you need this for survivability.
Adaptation, personally i prefer this because breaks CC of 5 sec or more, most of classes have a 1x CC for 5 sec which has close cds as Adaptation (45sec/1min). Good talent for bgs!
Relentless, very good vs setups that are going to CC you a lot (ex: caster cleaves).

Tier2

Sparring is good when you encounter classes like warrior, survival hunter and ww monk who does 100% physical dmg.
Reinforced Armor is primary and used only when you don't encounter classes with 100% physical dmg.

Tier3

Solitude is for setups that you don't have your partner near you, such as DH/Healer for 2v2 or DH/Demo lock, DH/Boomkin, DH/Affli lock, DH/Elem sham for 3v3. If you play double cleave, this talent won't be active!
Cover of Darkness or I called "second bubble" is good when you encounter double cleaves or you are playing as double cleave and you must train one target with your partner.

Tier4

Reverse Magic, if you are facing classes with Magic CC (Mages, Paladins, Hunters), this is best option because you need to keep your healer uptime highly possible. Also I prefer to counter Affli lock burst with this talent.
Eye of Leotheras is very good vs classes that do magic dmg. You need to keep in mind that this talent is refreshable every time the enemy use magic spells. Classes that do most of magic dmg as melee are DK and shaman enhancement, also very good vs affli lock.
Unending Hatred is good when you don't need the things above. Personally I'm playing with it when I encounter mist monk, hpala, disci priest, boomkin, rouges, DH.

Tier5

Demonic Origins is best option. More consistent damage and gives you the chance to have frequent access to Metamorphosis.

Tier6

Detainment primary talent for Arena. Imprison the target, prevent him for receiving dmg or heal and also he can't do nothing.
Rain from Above if you play as double dps at 2v2, is a great defense cd which does dmg. Best for bgs!

Part 3 Artefact Rush

1. Rage of the Illidari
2. Anguish of the Deceiver
3. Inner Demons

More to come!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/mostfckedup

Last edited by Magicqtz on 15-10-2017, 14:15:32; edited 39 times in total
3 0

Flamestalker

[Screwed Freak]

(since 20-01-2021 11:49)

Votes: 174

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 29-07-2017, 12:16:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nice, but try using Imgur.com, websites you used, are offline atm, or don't work .
0 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

Post Posted: 29-07-2017, 12:17:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Flamestalker wrote:
Nice, but try using Imgur.com, websites you used, are offline atm, or don't work .

Still working -

0 0

Magicqtz

[Do Nothing and Win]

Post Posted: 08-08-2018, 16:34:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,

Sorry for not posting any more here, I'm on blizz since winter and mostly afk -
Some insights about DH during legion: it's awesome and it will remain until end of legion, so no doubt for being low in PvP.

From 7.2.5 this guide will not be 100% efficient in arenas because dh will have different specs due to some nerfs and new playstyle.

Soon, BFA will be live on blizz, I'll be there on my old main class, shaman named Mostfckedup on Sylvanas (alliance) with my mate Tikky, recently awarded with gladiator and he's in top 100 players UE.
If anyone will be on BFA, you will know who to call -

Best thoughts for everyone, I was surprised about the number of views for this topic!
Thank you.

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 23:34:49
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x