User
Pass
2FA

WoD HD models for 5.4.8
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message81380
Dreadblade

[Maniac]

(since 16-11-2023 18:30)

Votes: 168

Post Posted: 02-04-2015, 18:08:02 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This is the official installation guide and troubleshooting thread. Follow the instructions closely, don't skip steps, and ask any questions you might have in this thread.
These are the models from patch 6.1 and they contain updated face and skin textures. They work for both Players and NPCs.

1. REQUIREMENTS:

• Fully-downloaded, true 5.4.8 WoW client, preferably enGB. The torrent provided by Freakz will work 100% with this. (get it here). Any other clients downloaded via launchers or from other torrents MAY NOT work properly.
  • Some patience, as you have to download 3.1GB.
  • Although performance impact is minimal, having at least 2GB of RAM or 1GB VRAM will make sure you get the most out of it.

2. Installation instructions:

• Delete your Cache.
  • Download the files from one of those locations:
  • MEGA - you need to get the add-on for Firefox or Chrome which allows you to download big files from them. If it doesn't work for you, try the Google Drive link below.
  • Google Drive (ignore the "network problem")
  • After the download is complete, open the file using any archiving program such as WinRAR or 7zip.
  • Extract the files to your WoW folder.
  • Start the game using Wow-32.exe or Wow-64.exe.
  • If you want to stop using those models, simply use the normal wow.exe provided by Freakz.

3. Known bugs:

• As you may have noticed, there is a 64-bit exe included. The .exe will cause the game to crash in certain areas, especially the ones with lots of mobs. It provides no real benefit since the game itself usually doesn't use more than 900 mb of RAM.
  • There might be issues with the displaying of some helmets. (example)
  • The textures of some kilt-type armors might be displayed incorrectly. This is a known bug on Retail.
  • Some weapons will look much smaller when sheathed, especially on Taurens. This bug happens on Retail as well. (example)
  • Death Knight exclusive hair colors were made available to all classes. However, if you choose any of these colors, people not using this patch will see your hair color differently: How I see myself / How people without the patch see me
  • There's an issue related to Blood Elves: there are 2 different sets of earrings (females) and facial hair (males). The first set will make your eyes glow green, which is fine. The second set will not make your eyes glow green, will not allow you to use the Barber Shop, and may cause additional texture problems. Avoiding this is pretty simple:
    - For females, do not choose any earring above number 11 (see the right side of the screen).
    - For males, do not choose any facial hair above number 10
  • If your already-existing Blood Elf character cannot use the Barber Shop, log in using the normal wow.exe provided by freakz, go to the barber shop and change your facial hair / earrings 2-3 times, then log back using wow-32/64.exe.
  • Draenei females can use the new hornstyle (screenshot), however, it will not allow you to use the Barber Shop. So if you really want to use the new horn style, you'll be stuck with the same hair style and color for the rest of the game. If you want to change those, you will have to log in with the normal wow.exe and use the Barber Shop, but you will permanently loose the horn style. Also people without the patch will see your horns differently.
  • Changing Draenei female horn styles will often crash the game. It's best to log in with the normal wow.exe, change your horn style, then log back using wow-32/64.exe.

4. If your client is not enGB...

• Extract the files anywhere on your PC
  • Open Data \ enGB from the extracted files
  • You will see 3 files, each of them has enGB in their name. Replace enGB with your locale, for example deDE, enUS etc.
  • Copy those files to your Wow folder \ Data \ Locale (deDE, enUS etc.)

Credits:
Spoiler:

16 0

andreyutzz93

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-09-2015 00:56)

Votes: 8

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 12:16:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can upload someone the "enUS" models? i followed instructions from this post but this error pops.

Data\enUS\locale-enUS.MPQ: Cannot stream required archive data. Please check your network connection. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6250

I tried with an "ruRU" platfrom, still the same error.
I think this models work just with european wow platfrom.
Soo... we need wow models from "enUS" client.

Sunt un om ca fiecare.Respect reciproc!
0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 16:12:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

andreyutzz93 wrote:
Can upload someone the "enUS" models? i followed instructions from this post but this error pops.

Data\enUS\locale-enUS.MPQ: Cannot stream required archive data. Please check your network connection. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6250

I tried with an "ruRU" platfrom, still the same error.
I think this models work just with european wow platfrom.
Soo... we need wow models from "enUS" client.

You did something wrong.

0 0

Dreadblade

[Maniac]

Post Posted: 05-05-2015, 21:03:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Extract all the files to some place, go to Data, rename enGB to enUS, then go inside this folder. You will find 3 files there: wow-update-enGB-XXXXX. Replace enGB with enUS for all 3 files. Then put Data folder in WoW. See if that works.
0 0

andreyutzz93

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 08:51:50 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Those are my steps:
Data>enUS>put those 3 files> rename all 3 wow-update-enUS-XXXXX > started game with *.exe privided from this post.

Another error:

Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-18273.MPQ: Cannot stream required archive data. Please check your network connection. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6250

And after a few launches another error:

Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-17325.MPQ: Cannot stream required archive data. Please check your network connection. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6250

0 0

Dreadblade

[Maniac]

Post Posted: 06-05-2015, 18:01:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Seems like your client is 5.4.2 and not 5.4.8. You should download the freakz torrent.
0 0

andreyutzz93

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 07-05-2015, 16:32:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Original wow files downloaded from blizzard servers when they run MoP.

I won't download Freakz torrent, it's incomplete, some files are downloading in background and this can cause crashes in different situations.

I just edited "Config" file with mop.freakz.ro .

Well seems to be stuck with old models.

0 1

fsa69

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-01-2019 19:46)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 23-05-2015, 15:57:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

amazing thanks for info
0 0

MihneaStefan

[IX-XII-MCMXCVI]

(since 18-09-2023 22:30)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 04-06-2015, 08:19:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hmm?

Posturi unite automat, 04-06-2015, 09:19:28

// thanks, now I have to delete and reinstall wow. You re cool.

0 0

DirtyShirt
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 06-10-2015 17:38)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 04-06-2015, 09:00:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

hey man, i have win 7 64 bits and the x64 launcher is bugged. can i run it with the 32 one with no bugs?

0 0

pal0bre

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-06-2020 11:40)

Votes: 21

Post Posted: 04-06-2015, 13:54:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

DirtyShirt wrote:
hey man, i have win 7 64 bits and the x64 launcher is bugged. can i run it with the 32 one with no bugs?

Unless you have 100+ addons or like to turn up your draw distance higher by editing config.wtf, you shouldn't see any significant loss in performance.

0 0

JJC

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-06-2015 22:33)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 17:52:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Okay, here's something weird.

I did as Dreadblade had told us and now my characters look just like they would in WoD... with one exception. I don't seem to have feet in, like, any of them. Only the pandarian have feet.

Is my computer being a tad too old a problem? In character creation, when I select the Paladin class, the boot armor shows as it should, but once I complete my character and he/she goes back to the default armor, his/her feet are gone.

I thought it was the armor, so I removed everything but it remained the same.

0 0

Dreadblade

[Maniac]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 17:59:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

JJC wrote:
Okay, here's something weird.

I did as Dreadblade had told us and now my characters look just like they would in WoD... with one exception. I don't seem to have feet in, like, any of them. Only the pandarian have feet.

Is my computer being a tad too old a problem? In character creation, when I select the Paladin class, the boot armor shows as it should, but once I complete my character and he/she goes back to the default armor, his/her feet are gone.

I thought it was the armor, so I removed everything but it remained the same.

Delete cache and Data/Cache again.

MihneaStefan wrote:

// thanks, now I have to delete and reinstall wow. You re cool.

Do you even have any idea why that error is happening? Your realmlist got bugged, and our files have nothing to do with it. Search your config.wtf file and look for SET realmlist "mop.freakz.ro". If that line is missing or it's incorrect, add it or fix it.

Also, next time maybe think twice before making a comment like that?

0 0

JJC

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-06-2015, 19:31:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I wasn't expecting such a quick reply, so I'm sorry for not answering sooner. I deleted both Caches, but sadly that didn't fix the problem. I even tried to extract the files again but it remained the same way.

That's alright though, I guess I can just get used to it. Part of me thinks is my computer, really. Or maybe the installation even.

Thanks for the quick reply nonetheless.

[Edit: Now that I think about it, I didn't delete my Cache BEFORE "installing" the new models. Can, not deleting them, cause that sort of problem?]

IMG: http://oi62.tinypic.com/x0u0hu.jpg

[I really need to learn how to put images directly into my post]

0 0

JJC

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-06-2015, 02:13:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Okay, so after a little bit of digging (A LOT of digging) I finally managed to get some answers and, well... they're not exactly what I was hoping to read:

From: Esthellenda of HeroesWoW - Rank: Senior Game Master, on Sun Jan 18, 2015, 10:56 AM (http://heroes-wow.com/mop/forums.php?page=topic&id=2896)

" Seems you client is corrupted. Please re-download the client at:
http://heroes-wow.com/xxx/xxxxx.xxxxxxxx=xxxxxxxxx

Best regards. "

Does this apply to WoWFreakz too? Do I have to download 28G of content again?

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next    

The time now is 23-04-2024, 23:43:18
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x