User
Pass
2FA

[Proper Guide] WW Monk PVE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message14863
darius2002

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-06-2023 19:06)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 25-08-2017, 17:11:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Windwalker Monk PVE Guide

1. Talent Choice:

Eye of the Tiger; Power Strikes; Diffuse Magic; Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger and Serenity are also viable options.

Eye of the Tiger causes Tiger Palm to also apply both a buff (to yourself) and a debuff (to the target) called Eye of the Tiger. On you, it is an 8-second HoT, while on the target it is an 8-second DoT (dealing Nature damage).
    Power Strikes causes your next Tiger Palm to generate 1 additional Chi. This effect can only occur once every 15 seconds.
    Diffuse Magic is preferred for fights with predictable bursts of high magic damage.
    Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger is useful for very high priority burst damage situations that line up with its uptime and cooldown.
    Serenity is an active ability with a 90-second cooldown. For 10 seconds, you deal 40% increased damage (and your healing is also increased by 40%). Moreover, all abilities that cost Chi are free of cost and have a 50% reduced cooldown.

Talents depend on the encounter:
The main abilities you should switch around are the Level 15, the Level 90 and the Level 100 ones.

For Single Target I suggest using Eye of the Tiger; Hit Combo and Serenity.
    For Multiple Target I suggest using Chi Wave; Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger and Whirling Dragon Punch.
    For Mythic+ Dungeons I suggest using Chi Wave; Hit Combo and Whirling Dragon Punch.

2. Artifact Traits:

I recommend leveling up traits in the said order:

P.S.: You can level up Healing Winds and Good Karma in any order. I'm telling you to level up Healing Winds before Good Karma in the picture because it is helpful in most raid encounters (e.g.: Nythendra, Il'gynoth).

3. Rotation:

This is the burst for engaging a fight and I suggest using Hit Combo and Whirling Dragon Punch in any situation:
    Flying Serpent Kick;
    Prepot (Potion of Prolonged Power);
    Chi Wave on target (gives hit combo stack on no target aswell but using it on target helps with DPS);
    Tiger Palm;
    Touch of Death;
    Storm, Earth and Fire;
    Rising Sun Kick;
    Energizing Elixir;
    Fists of Fury;
    Whirling Dragon Punch;
    Strike of the Windlord.

Remember to use your main damaging ability CDs on CD. You must use main abilities AS SOON as they are off CD and in this priority:
If you need to, use Energizing Elixir as soon as it's off CD.
    Fists of Fury;
    Strike of the Windlord;
    Rising Sun Kick;
    Whirling Dragon Punch;
    Blackout Kick;
    Tiger Palm;
    Chi Wave.

4. Stat Priority:

The stat priority for Windwalker Monks depends on whether you are interested in single target or multiple target damage.

4.1. Single Target:
    Agility;
    Mastery;
    Critical Strike;
    Versatility;
    Haste.

4.2. Multiple Target:
    Agility;
    Mastery;
    Haste;
    Critical Strike;
    Versatility.

4.3. Getting a Better Understanding:
    Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
    Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
    Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
    Haste provides you with increased attack speed and Energy regeneration, and reduces the cooldown of your Fists of Fury and Rising Sun Kick .
    Mastery (Mastery: Combo Strikes ) causes your abilities to deal increased damage (the amount depends on your amount of Mastery) when they are not used two or more times in a row. For example, using Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm gives both of them the damage bonus, but if you use Tiger Palm twice in a row, the second Tiger Palm will no longer benefit from the increase.

I suggest having your Mastery and Critical Strike above 30% and your Haste at 5-10%.

5. Gems, Enchants, and Consumables:

5.1. Gems: You should use Saber's Eye of Agility in one socket, and Masterful Shadowruby in all other sockets.

5.2. Enchants:
    Neck:
      Enchant Neck - Mark of the Hidden Satyr

Back:
      Enchant Cloak - Binding of Agility
      Enchant Cloak - Word of Agility (cheaper)

Rings:
      Enchant Ring - Binding of Mastery
      Enchant Ring - Word of Mastery (cheaper)

5.3. Consumables:

Flask of the Seventh Demon should be used for raids along with Potion of the Old War (if using Serenity) or Potion of Prolonged Power (if using Whirling Dragon Punch) as your potion of choice.
    You should eat Lavish Suramar Feast for the buff to your Agility (cheaper: Hearty Feast) or Nightborne Delicacy Platter for the buff to your Mastery (cheaper: Pickled Stormray).
    If you can afford it, you should also use Defiled Augment Rune.

6. Macros and Addons:

6.1. Generic Macros for Monks:

Code:
#showtooltip Detox
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Detox;Detox

Using this macro will cast Detox on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Detox on your current target.

Code:
#showtooltip Tiger's Lust
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Tiger's Lust;Tiger's Lust

Using this macro will cast Tiger's Lust on your mouseover target, if they are a friendly player and they are not dead. Otherwise, it will cast Tiger's Lust on your current target.

6.2. Specific Macros for Windwalker Monks:

Code:
#showtooltip Tiger Palm
/stopmacro [channeling:Fists of Fury]
/stopcasting [channeling:Crackling Jade Lightning]
/cast Tiger Palm

The macro makes it so that you automatically cancel Crackling Jade Lightning if it is channeling, even during the global cooldown. It allows you to spam the next ability even during Fists of Fury Icon Fists of Fury's channel without it being cancelled. Change Tiger Palm Icon Tiger Palm with the ability you want the macro to work with.

6.3. Important Addons:

Deadly Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods warns you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics.

Weak Auras: Weak Auras is an extremely useful addon that allows you to have visual effects on your screen, helping you track your buffs, debuffs and cooldowns.
    I don't personally use it because I'm aware of my surroundings. If you need help managing your buffs, debuffs and rotations, this addon can help you.

Recount/Skada: Recount is a well known addon that most people use for displaying current DPS or HPS. It is generally a good option to use Recount for checking what you take damage from and if the share of damage/healing you do with each of your abilities is similar to that of other players of your class.

© Credit:

Last edited by darius2002 on 09-09-2017, 20:56:23; edited 1 time in total
5 0

Capatana94

[God damn hippies !]

(since 17-02-2021 09:42)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 26-08-2017, 09:04:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Nice guide ! Keep up the good work

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 06:10:26
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x