User
Pass
2FA

IQ Test @Solo Queue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message3446
Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

(since 04-05-2019 17:52)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 17:19:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings Freakz Staff and Community,i would like to share my idea regarding soloq with all of you.
Basically,it would be really good if the staff think of adding IQ Test when people queue for SoloQ like these "I'm not a robot" when you vote you know?

Question examples :

-Do i have to gem and enchant myself before thinking of queing for Solo Queue?
-Do i have enough experience to queue arenas?
-Should i que for SoloQ and f*ck up some player with 1900,because my parents are apes?
-Should i use Dispersion at 93% when noone is using burst cooldowns on me?
-Should i leave Cat form and cast rejuvenation that heals me for 3k when there is a DK and Ele shaman on me and i'm at 10% health rather than using any of my lesser defensive cooldowns?
-Should i say "Hi" or "Salut" to elemental shaman with ascendance and smile at him rather than using any of my interrupts or other abilities that can stop the ele shaman of 3 shotting me?
-Should i unbind my S button before queing for SoloQ?
-Should i stop using the arrows to move my camera?
-Should i reforge my warrior to parry?
-Should i stay next to the enemy healer and watch how he's casting ressurection on one of his dead mates ,because im obviously busy attacking his alive mate rather than going for an interrupt on the healer?
-Should i play full mastery boomkin with dream of cenarius in PvP? (Ashbringer 2k17)
-Should i trinket spells in the opener such as "Holy word:chastice" and then eat full fear?
-Should i rush in then stay at the same place for around 5 seconds,so the enemy team will get in combat and my rogue will get f*cked then i'll be like "jajajajajja" then "aeaaaeaeeaeaeaeaae" then " hueuheuheuhehuehuheuhehueh" or simply "-))))" and troll him?
-Should i use Shockwave then immediately after storm bolt,so i can waste both of my stuns for no reason?

However,if you find this post as a joke,i want to say something serious for real....

Is it normal,for a player that's 1800 to 1900 rating in SoloQ get almost full grievous players with no gems and enchants almost every single game with 192 rating and 2 wins or 400 wins and 1300 rating,then lose from 15 to 21 rating and then the next game face these "i dont know how to call them..." and beat them then get +2?

So my possible requests are,please find some solution about this problem,because it's getting really annoying,make the waiting time to 3 or 5 minutes,because players that invest their time in farming this rating,especially healers...are getting their rating destroyed by lower players than beginners.

Priest PvP Glyph Guide 5.4.8
Priest PvP Talent Tiers Guide 5.4.8
7 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 20:12:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I can understand your frustration, I don't see what we can do about it.
If you have some good idea that makes sense and is technically possible to implement it, I would gladly pass it for a review by the staff/devs.

Cheers, Ash.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

saturnfever

[Papa Bless]

(since 21-12-2020 21:31)

Votes: 171

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 20:13:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

there is no solution, i've lost a lot of rating because of:
1. player in my team refusing to play, because he thinks he's a PVP god
2. player flames before arena even starts
3. low geared and very low skilled players join queue after queue
4. getting into an arena 2v3 and the arena doesn't stop before it starts, and goes on to start even 2v3

There is no incentive for PVP. There is just a group of people that play at a "high" level, every season. Gladiator title is given only to top 2 people, Duelist to the 3rd and 4th spot, and Rival to 5th and 6th, when in fact it should be given to a larger proportion of the arena ladder. And for example, this time, we don't even have a PVP season, an end. Maybe people would play more 3v3 soloq if they knew what they are playing for and when the season will end. A better organisation and correct awards for the PVP season would probably make the 3v3 soloq better, it will make more people play and the amount of bad players would even out.

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

Post Posted: 18-02-2017, 21:09:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

saturnfever wrote:
there is no solution, i've lost a lot of rating because of:
1. player in my team refusing to play, because he thinks he's a PVP god
2. player flames before arena even starts
3. low geared and very low skilled players join queue after queue
4. getting into an arena 2v3 and the arena doesn't stop before it starts, and goes on to start even 2v3

There is no incentive for PVP. There is just a group of people that play at a "high" level, every season. Gladiator title is given only to top 2 people, Duelist to the 3rd and 4th spot, and Rival to 5th and 6th, when in fact it should be given to a larger proportion of the arena ladder. And for example, this time, we don't even have a PVP season, an end. Maybe people would play more 3v3 soloq if they knew what they are playing for and when the season will end. A better organisation and correct awards for the PVP season would probably make the 3v3 soloq better, it will make more people play and the amount of bad players would even out.

A lot of players play SoloQ there is no problem at all with the population of it.The problem here is that players are supposed to play with other players at equal or close to their level,in this case,rating..And like i said,i'm getting some monkeys most of the time since im a healer and healers are like recently made bread.I mean seriously,i would ban this guy Ashbringer i can't even find words in my language to describe this guy,how can you play boomkin open with Pounce then spam feral abilities like rake then spam S button to backpedal and arrow turn your character whole game doing 0 damage,then he or the other dps die after 5 minutes of me tryharding to keep them alive like im playing @Blizzcon then he tells me "you multi nob heler ,lern to hel u nob fakin pro nub" ??? There should be custom achievement "down syndrome owner of the month" ...Long long time ago i stopped with the arena rages and all that shit,but yesterday and today this guy and few more people made me lost my temper completely...

As for the suggestions,A-T had requirement for 2v2/3v3 and SoloQ (Fully enchanted,fully gemmed),so you better make that too,these monkeys don't even bother to fully enchant and gem their characters and they don't realise they f*ck up players with high rating this way.

Make the waiting time for SoloQ from 1 minute or less (didn't remember how much players have to wait to get Queue) to 3 minutes AT LEAST.

Make SOMEHOW(i know it's possible,we've seen that),so people with closest mmr will get together...

EXAMPLE :

[RIGHT] Resto Druid(Healer) 1733 mmr + Death Knight(DPS) 1755+ Warrior (DPS) 1790 mmr vs Holy Priest(Healer) 1400 mmr + Hunter(DPS) 1477 mmr + Feral Druid (DPS) 1512 mmr

[WRONG] Resto Druid(Healer) 1533 mmr + Death Knight(DPS) 1755+ Warrior (DPS) 1471 mmr vs Holy Priest(Healer) 1400 mmr + Hunter(DPS) 1853 mmr + Feral Druid (DPS) 1610 mmr

And as 4th suggestion lower the SoloQ mmr range to 100 or 150 since you will eventually make the waiting time to 3 minutes(if they don't get queue before that)

1 0

Turbokill1337

[NoFriendsNoParty]

(since 11-07-2021 15:46)

Votes: 63

Post Posted: 19-02-2017, 11:33:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

increase ilvl min requirement from 522 to 540 + 2k rate achievement from 2s

drthbe5rt6jertjerthergvtbbreterr55byrtbyrt
1 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 19-02-2017, 15:11:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Try to tweak a bit the mmr system(not just the soloque one). I don`t think it`s alright to have max rate 2500 @2s after 6 months or so of activity, same goes to soloqueue, the ladder is active(almost as active as 2s), but max rate is still 1900. I think the rate gain/loss should be tweaked, or something. I`ve came with some prints with soloque from atr 3 days before the season resets, and there was like 2.8k max rate, with the same ammount of games played as it`s on freakz
Edit: Here is the ladder: https://web.archive.org/web/20141211153750/http://arena-tournament.com/ladder/cata/solo

0 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

Post Posted: 19-02-2017, 16:13:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amnezx wrote:
Try to tweak a bit the mmr system(not just the soloque one). I don`t think it`s alright to have max rate 2500 @2s after 6 months or so of activity, same goes to soloqueue, the ladder is active(almost as active as 2s), but max rate is still 1900. I think the rate gain/loss should be tweaked, or something. I`ve came with some prints with soloque from atr 3 days before the season resets, and there was like 2.8k max rate, with the same ammount of games played as it`s on freakz
Edit: Here is the ladder: https://web.archive.org/web/20141211153750/http://arena-tournament.com/ladder/cata/solo

No actually the problem with 2v2 and SoloQ ratings are the following :

Have you noticed how when new season comes 2v2 ratings raise reaaaaaally fast?Well that's,because there is activity in the bracket until that moment when people reach 2.2 then things slow down drastically..Players at that rating stop getting instant queues and they lose interest in keep queueing,therefore their goal is to look for high teams currently playing @Spectate npc and snipe them eventually.

@SoloQ imo the problem is that you're playing for yourself,there is no DuO,so the thing is you get high rating then you start getting matched up with monkeys which drop from 11 to 21 rating while they're really low rated and they don't get anything taken except that +1 loss in their history.That's what balance things in SoloQ and keep the ratings low while on AT i used to watch people getting matched together depending on their cr/mmr,you see 2300 team vs 2400 playing in SoloQ ,then you enter the arena via spectate and you start inspecting these guys and see that all 6 of them are partied up based on their rating,not randomize (basically i've given examples above).

It's ok to get matched with 1.5 mmr guy once,twice,but in here that's something which happens all the time,there is literally no point of queing for soloq when i can't even enjoy playing the bracket.

So i guess take under consideration my suggestions from my last post and meanwhile you can 100% add the requirement Turbokill gave,that should balance things a bit.(Full gemmed + enchanted requirement too)

1 0

Hawtydaboss

[Priest Moderator]

Post Posted: 19-02-2017, 21:31:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

518k health rogue with Glyph of Ambush @combat,wrong glyphs overall,no enchants,no gems.....

Now imagine this happens to me 10 times today and i get -11 / -19 rating

Then people ask how toxic people were born?

1 0

Amnezx

[Best in Slot]

(since 11-11-2022 17:06)

Votes: 59

Post Posted: 19-02-2017, 22:17:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

can we expect some kind of reply of a gm? @denim @ashcool ?

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 19-02-2017, 22:26:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We will reply once we can come up with official answer.

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Doerdy

[Mentally Stable]

(since 10-12-2017 22:04)

Post Posted: 20-02-2017, 10:12:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

One way to fix that issue and might also increase the participation in soloQ might be separate the players in SoloQ.

If matchmaking based on mmr is too hard to implement you could do something like this:

They get divided by current rating:

0-1500
1500-1700
1700-1800
1800-1900
1900+

It would be worth testing it like this and if the activity goes higher, they might have to get adjusted accordingly. Atleast this would make people que soloQ more again, since they have atleast a higher chance to get people of a similar "skilllevel"

EDIT: While we are at it, it would be cool if there is a soloq for chars below 522 ilvl. It doesn't affect the other players that have gear, but at the same time you are able to play some 3s with alts that you are about to gear. It could just get limited to maximum 522ilvl to be able to join.

2 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 13:13:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x