User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] Legendary drop bad luck protection system
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message14156
Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-02-2019 13:32)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 01:33:13 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: All class legendaries

Bug description: Retail has a bad luck protection system for legendary drops that increases legendary drop chance by a bit everytime you trigger a legendary dropping event and dont get one. This chance is supposed to go up untill a legendary drops, at which point the drop chance resets back to its default value. Prior to 7.1.5 there was a soft cap on the drop chance of this system but was lifted to allow protection to increase indefinitely, more details in the big post @ proof

Proof: http://www.wowhead.com/news=257898/legendary-items-soft-cap-removed-bad-luck-protection-beyond-four-legendaries

This is also a good (better, more informative) source: http://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide

or a quick blue post if you dont want to read the big article in the wowhead link:

Quote:
18 Nov

Hey all,

I'd just like to clear up a common misconception I've seen come up a lot in of recent discussions regarding Legendaries.

In short:

Your total time /played and average item level has no bearing on your chances of obtaining a Legendary.

To be a little more specific:

Player A and Player B could both have exactly 10 days of /played at level 110 and neither of them have a Legendary yet.

Player A has spent most of that time idling in Dalaran or their Order Hall, simply kicking it by the water cooler in guild chat or trade chat. Beyond doing their daily Emissary Cache and a Mythic Dungeon here or there, they don't really do that much in the way of Legendary-eligible content. Now, Player A could get very lucky with their next Emissary Cache and get a Legendary, but they'd be a statistical outlier in this scenario.

Player B, on the other hand, has spent the majority of their time doing Legendary-eligible content. They do their daily Emissary Cache, clear Emerald Nightmare each week, do a Random Legion Heroic Dungeon regularly and participate in a lot of Mythic/Mythic Keystone dungeon runs to help out their friends etc.

At this point in time Player B's chance of getting a Legendary will be much higher than that of Player A. As Player B has participated in far more Legendary-eligible content, their bad luck protection will be ramping up and increasing their chances of a getting a Legendary from their next run of Legendary-eligible content. Hence the saying "if you do the content, the Legendaries will come."

12 0

guldash

[Salty M.]

(since 06-11-2019 16:52)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 04-07-2017, 01:39:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

+1
I play since the beginning of the server.. i have spammed rdf hc, mythic 0 on cd, mythic + 5-10 per week, world bosses and world quest, emisary quests and minimum 5 RBG per day and i still got nothing .. no legendary item..

I know its rng involved but its becoming suspicious.. I mean i saw people getting their legendary item after 3rd rbg or mythic..

1 0

Jimmay

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-11-2017 09:06)

Post Posted: 10-07-2017, 15:09:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Would be nice if they would implement it, it would be fair in my opinion -
0 0

Zagros98

[Druid Lover]

(since 05-08-2019 08:54)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 10-07-2017, 18:18:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

any GM ?
1 0

gabytzu339

[Mentally Stable]

(since 11-01-2019 22:24)

Post Posted: 10-07-2017, 22:40:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

While i'd love to see that on freakz, it doesn't take a great amount of common sense to tell it will never be implemented. It would be easy to exploit as well.
1 0

Bubunator

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-08-2017 18:56)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 12-07-2017, 18:40:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pinocchio Evreiesc wrote:
WoW Freakz link: All class legendaries

Bug description: Retail has a bad luck protection system for legendary drops that increases legendary drop chance by a bit everytime you trigger a legendary dropping event and dont get one. This chance is supposed to go up untill a legendary drops, at which point the drop chance resets back to its default value. Prior to 7.1.5 there was a soft cap on the drop chance of this system but was lifted to allow protection to increase indefinitely, more details in the big post @ proof

Proof: http://www.wowhead.com/news=257898/legendary-items-soft-cap-removed-bad-luck-protection-beyond-four-legendaries

This is also a good (better, more informative) source: http://www.wowhead.com/legion-legendary-items-guide

or a quick blue post if you dont want to read the big article in the wowhead link:

Quote:
18 Nov

Hey all,

I'd just like to clear up a common misconception I've seen come up a lot in of recent discussions regarding Legendaries.

In short:

Your total time /played and average item level has no bearing on your chances of obtaining a Legendary.

To be a little more specific:

Player A and Player B could both have exactly 10 days of /played at level 110 and neither of them have a Legendary yet.

Player A has spent most of that time idling in Dalaran or their Order Hall, simply kicking it by the water cooler in guild chat or trade chat. Beyond doing their daily Emissary Cache and a Mythic Dungeon here or there, they don't really do that much in the way of Legendary-eligible content. Now, Player A could get very lucky with their next Emissary Cache and get a Legendary, but they'd be a statistical outlier in this scenario.

Player B, on the other hand, has spent the majority of their time doing Legendary-eligible content. They do their daily Emissary Cache, clear Emerald Nightmare each week, do a Random Legion Heroic Dungeon regularly and participate in a lot of Mythic/Mythic Keystone dungeon runs to help out their friends etc.

At this point in time Player B's chance of getting a Legendary will be much higher than that of Player A. As Player B has participated in far more Legendary-eligible content, their bad luck protection will be ramping up and increasing their chances of a getting a Legendary from their next run of Legendary-eligible content. Hence the saying "if you do the content, the Legendaries will come."

Since freakz is advertising with blizzlike stuff its hopefully going to their to-do-list if its not there already

1 0

Animalibera

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-12-2017 08:06)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 12-07-2017, 18:50:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

+1
1 0

guldash

[Salty M.]

(since 06-11-2019 16:52)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 13-07-2017, 13:13:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

1 week since my first post in this topic.. Still no legendary after daily farm pve/pvp... My best friend now has 2 legendaries in half the play time i have.. Same goes for other people in my guild...
If the bad luck system worked i should of have a 70%+ drop chance by now .. eh.. i`ll wait till 100% maybe my character is bugged and my drop % is stuck or maybe the srv just hates me idk...

0 0

liel31314

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-08-2017 22:23)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 13-07-2017, 13:40:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Stop cry, its all about luck I done 1000 duengeon for 1 legandary, there are some players who recive even in lvl 103 depand on your luck
0 0

Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 13-07-2017, 22:03:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@lie31314

Please stop posting trash in this topic, this is a bug report about a feature that was present on retail, there are alot of legendaries that can drop for each class it is the main reason blizzard created this. Its not about crying, its just a bug report about a feature in the game that we dont know if it is implemented on this server.

1 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 13-07-2017, 22:07:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's not that we don't want to implement this system, but we don't have any info on how exactly it should work, how much does the chance get increased. And guessing would be bad

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

Post Posted: 13-07-2017, 22:09:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok i can start a research on my own, and if i cant find anything we could leave it like this its not that big of an issue, except it will be really hard with legendaries. Guess we'll have more shit to farm? xD
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 15-07-2017, 21:12:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Moved here:
Jot wrote:
WoW Freakz link: No applicable link
Bug description: Essentially bad luck protection is a dice system for increasing chances for getting uniques, i.e. legendaries. While I don't have a good explanation exactly, one aspect of this is rewarding
a player for saving emissary chests, for example. Then when many are opened at once, the chances for increasing drop of a legendary increases within the timer, which is about 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Attached is an icy veins explanation, with a Blizzard rep replying to the post.
Proof: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/26152-legendary-bad-luck-protection-system/

3 0

Zagros98

[Druid Lover]

(since 05-08-2019 08:54)

Post Posted: 15-07-2017, 22:08:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

well its just like if you have 0,01 chance and you dont get from a boss you will have next 0,02 chance...and after you get legendary you go back to 0,01..its just an example
1 0

jaximz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 22-07-2019 21:57)

Post Posted: 16-07-2017, 09:49:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Shocker, 20 July 2017 21:21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page 1, 2  Next    

The time now is 28-03-2024, 13:56:57
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x