User
Pass
2FA

[REJECTED] WANTED: Boss monster HP scaling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message813
Tredtastic

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-11-2019 20:04)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 29-07-2017, 23:13:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

tl;dr: monsters need the Enhanced/Imbued/Amplified baseline buffs fixed, depending on which quest is up.

The Long version:
Some Wardens quests are easy - you go to the location, tag a monster, it dies after a while, everyone's happy. However, some quests are a pain because the monster dies when 3 people sneezed on it. GG, wp, wait 5 minutes for respawn and hope you manage to tag it in the 1 second time window before it gets bursted down.

However, that's not how things should be and there are even some working-ish examples. Currently WANTED: Inquisitor Tivos is up. Inquisitor Tivos has a base HP of 15.5mil, which means that it won't get one-shot. However, the boss can also gain an increase to its health pool thanks to the Imbued / Amplified buffs it can get, resulting in something like this: http://i.imgur.com/kjHvCHJ.jpg. In this case, the boss started with 15mil hp, gained the Imbued buff after ~10seconds and by the end had ~50mil HP when it gained Amplified as well. Plenty of time to kill and for players to tag it.

Unfortunately, Tivos is one of the rare well-working cases, and majority of the WANTED bosses work like the next example. WANTED: Fathnyr is currently up as well, however unlike Tivos, Fathnyr has a meager base HP pool of 1.3mil, which results in the dragon dying like a little bitch every time it spawns. This usually makes a bunch of players angry, because they didn't have enough time to tag it. Now, there are 2 versions of the warden's quest involving Fathnyr, one gives 75 rep and other one gives 150 rep. I've not played retail, but I'm guessing that the difference between them is which buffs Fathnyr starts out with. Here's an example video from retail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=141&&v=sdVDpht9X30

As you can see, when engaging solo, Fathnyr's affected by the first tier buff, Enhanced, while player isn't on a world quest. I'm guessing that Fathnyr gets buffed by Imbued when the 75rep warden's quest is up and with Amplified when the 150rep version is up.

There are other examples like Fathnyr, where the base HP is too low for the buffs to kick in, or cases like Glimar Ironfist where the npc is missing the buffs on the ability list ( Freakz version, wowhead version).

Having not played retail myself, I can't say if the bosses start out with buffs and gain/lose them during fight, according to how many people are around, so I guess my suggestion would be to have the WANTED! world quest bosses start with the HP/Damage buffs as soon as they spawn and then add/remove them depending on how many people are around.

1 0

Wedemboyz

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-11-2017 23:24)

Post Posted: 30-07-2017, 10:59:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Proof?: https://youtu.be/BbdUuc5nE4s

Plz do something, thanks! - (:

0 0

LethalFactorLK

[Very Important Person]

(since 03-03-2021 16:57)

Votes: 220

Post Posted: 09-09-2017, 13:44:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This should be fixed now and dynamic re-spawn times are implemented.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 09 September 2017 11:44

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 06:38:34
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x