User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Mage][Arcane] Arcane Missiles
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message4387
Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-02-2019 13:32)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 02-08-2017, 14:44:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok i've done some more tests, this is an actual real issue that seems to happen even when there is no delay at all. Will post video proof soon.

Edit: K here it is, it only fired 7 missiles during a rule of threes proc, i have absolutely no delay whatsoever. It just failes to fire the entire spell sometimes, happens on normal missiles too not just rule of threes procs.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fvEbQ4TKlQQ:

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 13-08-2017, 08:01:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pinocchio Evreiesc wrote:
@seyrox

To answer your question (even though its not related to the actual bug report) they did add the same shit to arcane missiles.

read that baege guy's replies here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15700587046

Quote:
Duration clipping was removed a long time ago - if you end a missles early, the duration of your next cast of missles will be extended appropriately to compensate. That's the simple answer, at any rate. I don't know the duration of which the 'extension' will carry over.

edit: you should note, however, that ending a missles cast right before a tick, it will result in a DPS loss, albeit a minor one.

Quote:
I can't attest to how long it has been going on, but assuming they implemented the change at the same time as they did for Mind Flay(used to main an spriest), it was early mists or late cata. Essentially what happens is the game records the fact that you clipped a duration and extends your next missles appropriately, saving a dps-loss for players who aren't as aware. A (much smaller) amount of DPS can still be lost if you clip right before a missle would fire. Again, I don't know just how long that duration extension will hold before it resets to a normal cast time on AM.

But the original bug report here was that missiles failed to launch during heavy delay, during moderate delay you would sometimes miss 1 missile out of 5, on heavy lags you would miss 2-3 missiles.

I have no clue why do you bring "early mists or late cata" stuff, because that is NOT how it is on retail. I just went to retail, used first missiles, clipped it after the FIRST missile went out, casted another one, it was EXACTLY the same duration as a normal one and it did EXACTLY 5 hits.
Nonetheless, I will implement a safety mechanic for missiles to make sure that even under high latency, the minimum of 5 (8 with rules of three) missiles are launched IF you don't get interruped, you don't clip it by moving/casting other things.

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 13-08-2017, 08:35:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Implemented a safety mechanic, please recreate the topic after the next restart if still persists
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 13 August 2017 06:35

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  
Go to page Previous  1, 2    

The time now is 20-04-2024, 09:03:04
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x