User
Pass
2FA
 
 

[FIXED] [Mage] Fire ignite bug/exploit
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs
Author Message6024
Jijing

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 13-11-2019 13:54)
Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Posts: 120, Topics: 26
Location: Serbia

Reputation: 227.2
Votes: 10

 
Post Posted: 19-08-2017, 18:38:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So when you use cinderstorm on targe that is affected with ignite it should do 30% more dmg, right now its not doing that and probably instead its increasing ignite dmg buy those 30% and also adding its own ignite.
http://imgur.com/a/FlBW7 here you can see that cinderstorm is doing same dmg.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nyevid
[Banned user]


Banned


Status: Offline
(since 20-09-2018 14:33)
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 431, Topics: 103
Location: harpy town

Reputation: -93.2
Votes: 33

Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 00:13:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lemonbunnie wrote:

Second of all: "i couldn't bring ignite to be more than 5th in my damage log". Then you are doing something wrong.

it's a confirmed bug now.

therefore, you were accidentally doing something wrong. xP


Protecting Game Settings - Shaman Guide - Rogue Guide - Sneaky Macros
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lemonbunnie

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 06-12-2019 22:09)
Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 115, Topics: 31
Location: Romania

Reputation: 154.9
Votes: 13

 
Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 00:16:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nyevid wrote:
Lemonbunnie wrote:

Second of all: "i couldn't bring ignite to be more than 5th in my damage log". Then you are doing something wrong.

it's a confirmed bug now.

therefore, you were accidentally doing something wrong. xP


Check my screenshot with the dps I did without Cinderstorm and look at what place Ignite is. And learn to play.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nyevid
[Banned user]


Banned


Status: Offline
(since 20-09-2018 14:33)
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 431, Topics: 103
Location: harpy town

Reputation: -93.2
Votes: 33

Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 00:22:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lemonbunnie wrote:
nyevid wrote:
Lemonbunnie wrote:

Second of all: "i couldn't bring ignite to be more than 5th in my damage log". Then you are doing something wrong.

it's a confirmed bug now.

therefore, you were accidentally doing something wrong. xP


Check my screenshot with the dps I did without Cinderstorm and look at what place Ignite is. And learn to play.

i know this isnt the right place to do this but:

https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=198929 (wowhead link)
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/cinderstorm?spec=MageFire&&version=7_1_5_23420
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cinderstorm

-
V

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/ignite?spec=MageFire&&version=7_1_5_23420

claims cinderstorm's ignite should be the same as normal ignite. at the end of the page

reading https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747666143 might give you a hint about playstyle.


Protecting Game Settings - Shaman Guide - Rogue Guide - Sneaky Macros
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lemonbunnie

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 06-12-2019 22:09)
Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 115, Topics: 31
Location: Romania

Reputation: 154.9
Votes: 13

 
Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 00:27:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

nyevid wrote:
Lemonbunnie wrote:
nyevid wrote:
Lemonbunnie wrote:

Second of all: "i couldn't bring ignite to be more than 5th in my damage log". Then you are doing something wrong.

it's a confirmed bug now.

therefore, you were accidentally doing something wrong. xP


Check my screenshot with the dps I did without Cinderstorm and look at what place Ignite is. And learn to play.

i know this isnt the right place to do this but:

https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=198929 (wowhead link)
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/cinderstorm?spec=MageFire&&version=7_1_5_23420
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Cinderstorm

-
V


reading https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747666143 might give you a hint about playstyle.



I don't think you can read very well.

Update @ 20-08-2017, 01:27:29

I don't even know what you are trying to say, as i said: using Cinderstorm in the usual rotation causes a lot of ignite. The bug is confirmed and I think Jijing found out what the real issue is. Now can you please stop spamming this post with useless stuff?

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nyevid
[Banned user]


Banned


Status: Offline
(since 20-09-2018 14:33)
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 431, Topics: 103
Location: harpy town

Reputation: -93.2
Votes: 33

Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 00:30:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

-.-

play whatever you like. no one gives a shit (especially me). unlike you, i did not mention "you arent good at mage".

stop acting like a retard and accept that there are many other fire mage builds that can actually do better damage overall in different situations.

if you wanna say "this talent is superior", live up with that.

cinderstorm can be a pain in the ass for most mages. but can also be good IF you are hyped up enough to position yourself.

long story short: cinderstorm isnt the only talent in that tier. the thing you are seeing currently is bugged. cinderstorm CANNOT deal that much ignite damage. be it 7.1.5 retail or Live retail.


Protecting Game Settings - Shaman Guide - Rogue Guide - Sneaky Macros
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lemonbunnie

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 06-12-2019 22:09)
Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 115, Topics: 31
Location: Romania

Reputation: 154.9
Votes: 13

 
Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 00:44:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If you could just take your head out from your ass you could actually see that I am agreeing with you. Go troll another thread.
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nyevid
[Banned user]


Banned


Status: Offline
(since 20-09-2018 14:33)
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 431, Topics: 103
Location: harpy town

Reputation: -93.2
Votes: 33

Post Posted: 20-08-2017, 09:39:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

thanks for reputation @gabytzu339 <3

 
Staff message (Denim):
 
Careful for off-topic, next time warn.



Protecting Game Settings - Shaman Guide - Rogue Guide - Sneaky Macros
0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monemone

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 21-07-2018 16:59)
Joined: 31 Oct 2016
Posts: 30, Topics: 12
Location: Italy

Reputation: 44
Votes: 6

Post Posted: 22-08-2017, 17:05:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

damage % is slightly higher than normal, it should be around 40%. Did you see how much ticks? And what fight was it? with proof.

Also im not sure but CiS gives right ignite, but maybe how ignite in general stacks there is something wrong.

Its hard to test as im no math pro.

If you need help testing stuff write how and i'll check it out.


edit. didnt read second page xd.

edit of the edit. my cinderstorm seems to work fine on dummy posting screenshots tomorrow. Just for the sake of testing do yourself a favor and try on dummy without ignite and with ignite but try to only aim 1 cinder.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monemone

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 21-07-2018 16:59)
Joined: 31 Oct 2016
Posts: 30, Topics: 12
Location: Italy

Reputation: 44
Votes: 6

Post Posted: 23-08-2017, 10:18:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

http://imgur.com/a/JrPTB

First image is WITH ignite, second image is without ignite. The difference is exactly 30% take a calc if you don't believe me. Ignite is also the right %.

Lemonbunny can you do 5 min dummy and post your ignite tick damage? not just the % of ignite?

It should be around 40% only in case of cleave it could go up OR if you have 3 relics for ignite.


Also can some dev show us how relics for ignite damage apply? idk how to test if they work or not. (before mastery or after mastery multiplier).

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lemonbunnie

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 06-12-2019 22:09)
Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 115, Topics: 31
Location: Romania

Reputation: 154.9
Votes: 13

 
Post Posted: 23-08-2017, 20:13:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

http://i.imgur.com/lekpG16.jpg

This is the 5min dps on the dummy. Ignite is ~40% of damage done with an average tick of ~200k.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monemone

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 21-07-2018 16:59)
Joined: 31 Oct 2016
Posts: 30, Topics: 12
Location: Italy

Reputation: 44
Votes: 6

Post Posted: 24-08-2017, 00:31:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lemonbunnie wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/lekpG16.jpg

This is the 5min dps on the dummy. Ignite is ~40% of damage done with an average tick of ~200k.


That doesn't look too sketchy to me tbh.

The screnshot on the main post is probably aoe so this report is just some accusations and/or rage till more proof comes out.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]


Banned


Status: Offline
(since 19-02-2019 14:32)
Joined: 20 Jun 2016
Posts: 386, Topics: 63
Location: Romania

Reputation: 15.6
Votes: 39

Post Posted: 24-08-2017, 00:37:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

monemone wrote:
Lemonbunnie wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/lekpG16.jpg

This is the 5min dps on the dummy. Ignite is ~40% of damage done with an average tick of ~200k.


That doesn't look too sketchy to me tbh.

The screnshot on the main post is probably aoe so this report is just some accusations and/or rage till more proof comes out.


Erm, check some wol single target fights for fire mages, 40% dmg as ignite is not supposed to happen on single target.... Even skorpyron where fire mages go insane aoe ignite is no. 1 with 20% or something lol. Why are we discussing this even? 40% ignite only happens when you use cinderstorm, if you switch to meteor or kindling the order of spells for single target is correct...cinderstorm was not some magical ignite boosting talent on retail, it was just a better aoe spell and filler tool for when you want to delay converting a heating up froc into hotstreak.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monemone

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 21-07-2018 16:59)
Joined: 31 Oct 2016
Posts: 30, Topics: 12
Location: Italy

Reputation: 44
Votes: 6

Post Posted: 24-08-2017, 00:59:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Pinocchio Evreiesc wrote:
monemone wrote:
Lemonbunnie wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/lekpG16.jpg

This is the 5min dps on the dummy. Ignite is ~40% of damage done with an average tick of ~200k.


That doesn't look too sketchy to me tbh.

The screnshot on the main post is probably aoe so this report is just some accusations and/or rage till more proof comes out.


Erm, check some wol single target fights for fire mages, 40% dmg as ignite is not supposed to happen on single target.... Even skorpyron where fire mages go insane aoe ignite is no. 1 with 20% or something lol. Why are we discussing this even? 40% ignite only happens when you use cinderstorm, if you switch to meteor or kindling the order of spells for single target is correct...cinderstorm was not some magical ignite boosting talent on retail, it was just a better aoe spell and filler tool for when you want to delay converting a heating up froc into hotstreak.


You may be right, I didn't play retail and if you do you probably know more but tbh I can't find how cinderstorm bugs out ignite, per se cis ignite is fine, even in combustion its fine.
The max damage of ignite is fine the only thing at this point is the average ignite damage i can think of.

Try it yourself on a trial mage if you don't have one maybe you can find something cus i can't, i tried doing a 100k ignite using ifreballs and then using cinderstorm and it became 111k so i don't really understand how this "bug" happens.

Ignite doesn't randomly multiply.


And btw Cis st is better it just is less used cus its a pain in the ass to aim and with more crit you don't have much time to cast it on st.

Imma go to sleep maybe I can think something till tomorrow

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gabytzu339

[Mentally Stable]



Status: Offline
(since 11-01-2019 23:24)
Joined: 24 Dec 2011
Posts: 125, Topics: 28
Location: Braila

Reputation: 157.2
Votes: 9

   
Post Posted: 24-08-2017, 02:31:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Lemonbunnie wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/lekpG16.jpg

This is the 5min dps on the dummy. Ignite is ~40% of damage done with an average tick of ~200k.


That is not right, do some research instead of spamming the same dps meter over and over again, ignite should do 15-20% of the total dmg on single target. This is an actual exploit that can be reproduced at any time.

0 0
  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

  Topic locked


Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 02 September 2017 01:56



 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next    


The time now is 05-06-2020, 17:25:29
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

 
 
 







I forgot my password


This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x