User
Pass
2FA

Download while playing client question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1753
Sligkid

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-04-2020 04:52)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 16-01-2018, 14:46:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, I've encountered a bit of trouble using the download while playing client because my internet is so slow that loading into dungeons takes so long that it's completely pointless in joining and I'll often end up getting kicked. I'm imagining this problem will be considerably worse when trying to enter raids. My question is, does anyone know if there are specific files in the torrent I can download that encompass an entire raid or dungeon? I could choose to download only those and move them to where they need to be and avoid this problem completely if its possible. I've had a look myself but the files in the 'data' folder seem ambiguously named and all of equal size that would suggest an entire raid or dungeon isn't contained within just 1 file. If anyone has any ideas or solutions I'd be eternally grateful.

Cheers

0 0

Wedinn

[Retired]

(since 27-03-2023 16:11)

Votes: 17

Post Posted: 16-01-2018, 15:47:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Greetings! While that might be possible I advise against influencing the files themselves, as you could damage your client in the process.The only reasonable solutions I can think of are downloading the full game or waiting it out.

Wedinn
Former Game Master & Discord Community Manager
(January 2017 - February 2018)

1 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 16-01-2018, 15:50:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quote:
Best way: using a torrent to get full client (use uTorrent for higher download speeds)
https://www.wow-freakz.com/wow/legion/WoW_Legion_torrent.torrent

I suggest you to do that, it will take a while but you won't encounter any problems.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-t452441.html

0 0

Sligkid

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-04-2020 04:52)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 16-01-2018, 15:54:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for the replies. I might avoid it for now because the download would take over 70 hours (assuming I don't use my internet in the mean time) and because 50gb is half my monthly data cap... I might just see if I can enter the raids alone and load as much as possible while in there, is this possible if I just create a second account and fresh toon to create a raid group with?
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 18:20:42
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x