User
Pass
2FA

Server Revamp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message1274
Caxxo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-02-2020 09:36)

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 11:27:30 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The MoP server is basically dead. And while the main reason is that the entire population migrated to Legion it also doesn't help that it doesn't offer anything unique. So I am proposing a revamp based on an old, now defunct, Wotlk server called Dispersion WoW.
Basically it is an instant level 90 but focused on PvE just as much as on PvP.
What I propose is that the Mall Vendors also include PvE gear, starting with MSV LFR gear(Ilvl 476) supplemented by 5man Heroics gear to cover some holes. Give instant professions and profession mats, glyphs, gems and enchantments and if you want to go all out, make all race/class combos playable. This will get people into raiding MSV N which gives good enough gear to progress through the other raids without further use of LFR. Seeing how the raids are scripted anyway I think it's a real shame that they don't get used.
And for PvP, starting with Tyrannical is too much, there's very little progress to be made.

0 0

Caxxo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-02-2020 09:36)

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 13:39:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I am going to make a more detailed example of a possible revamp:
Starting malls have 476 LFR gear plus Heroic 5 man gear, plus gems, enchantments and glyphs.
The first dungeon that a newly created character would want to do is MSV 10N. The server on the other hand should prioritize 25 man raids for a few simple reasons: they utilize proportionally fewer tanks and healers and those roles are always scarce, and they allow more people to see the content at once. For this reason, MSV 10N should have a cooldown of say 4 hours while 25N shouldn't have one.
On the other hand, once a person has, say, 6 pieces of MSV N gear they will move on to HOF N. However, to ensure that people don't run out of content in a week, and that newer players won't have to wait 30 hours to find a MSV N group, the cooldown has to get progressively bigger. So that for example, a player that has 6 pieces of MSV N gear, a few of HOF N gear and the rest are starter items, will still want to do MSV N when the other raids are on cooldown. And heroic raids should have even bigger cooldown. Here is an example:

----------10N--25N--10HC--25HC
MSV----- 4---- 0----- 8------ 4
HOF -----7-----2-----12----- 7
etc etc.

0 0

Denim

[Netrunner]

(online 10 hours ago)

Votes: 376

Post Posted: 13-08-2018, 16:38:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We've already taken in consideration this aspect, no worries -

Retired

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by LethalFactorLK, 13 August 2018 15:18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 24-04-2024, 08:02:49
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x