User
Pass
2FA

WoW 7.1.5 and Win10 64-bit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message503
SkyeAshiya

[Pandaren Cutie]

(since 08-10-2023 17:19)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 16-12-2018, 22:02:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, but thought I'd post something about a rather annoying issue with Derpdows 10 (Windows 10) and Warcraft 7.1.5.

Normally, my game runs fine, some minor lag here and there, which I put down to poor weather over here, or a random lag spike here and there, nothing major. But the last two days or so, my Warcraft would crash, but everything in the background is fine, (ie. YouTube, Steam, etc.) yet, when I try to run Task Manager to close Warcraft after the game crashes, it will not let me. My game will be completely frozen to my screen, unable to use Task Manager, at all.

Only way around it is to use the log out on ctrl-alt-del, in order to make WoW close, so I can restart my web browser, and launch WoW again. I don't know if this happens with other players, or it's something else. I have WoW on my portable flashdrive, but also a copy of it on my desktop, my desktop copy is more up to date, than my flash drive's version. But, I'm just confused as to why this happens. I have Derpdows 64-bit, I call it Derpdows, because I hate Windows 10.

I run the Freakz Launcher (64-bit, because my OS is 64-bit), and yet today I've been playing at some point for hours, my game was fine, but just a few minutes ago as I was about to launch a Lightning Bolt at an enemy, the game froze and was not able to close the game unless I had to log myself out of my Windows Account just to get it to close. This happened to me yesterday, twice in a row. Was questing, it crashed. Launched back up, and it crashed again (different spot), but today it was fine all day, until about 10 minutes ago.

All my drivers are up to date, no viruses/malware/trojans/worms were found, but this crash is a pain. It doesn't hapen very often, but don't know if this may happen to other players, as well, or it's just Windows 10 being against me, like Windows has been for the last 21 years. But, yeah I hope this crash doesn't happen anymore today.

PvE Scrub
I only speak English
0 0

JustMeTBH

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-01-2019 16:35)

Post Posted: 23-12-2018, 11:23:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As with most issues, reinstalling might be a decent idea here, I don't run into these problems on a 64 bit windows 10 OS but if I did that would be my first idea. Perhaps one of the files in your folders decided it wanted to corrupt out of nowhere or something and it's causing issues for the whole thing. I hope you can either find a solution or maybe it will fix itself.

I hope to see a reply telling me good news about everything. -

- I'll be your shining light in the darkest of nights.
0 0

SkyeAshiya

[Pandaren Cutie]

(since 08-10-2023 17:19)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 23-12-2018, 19:38:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for the reply. I've already reinstalled my OS just about, now 2-3 months ago, and all has been well. Sort of. Haven't had anymore BSOD since 2017-early 2018, so touch wood it's behaving in that department.

So far, I've not had any stupid freezes like that yet, but no doubt one will happen. I've used Windows for 21 years, and I swear it has a campaign to drive me insane. I make sure all my games run on the NVIDIA card/part, rather than Intel because Intel can't cope with games, I've tried. I'll still keep my eye out if anymore crashes happen, as I still have a crash report, for when it crashed last time. Fingers crossed it doesn't start again, if it does it'll be flying out my bedroom window with a hammer glued to its face. ¬¬ HATE Windows 10.

Either way, have a Merry Christmas!

PvE Scrub
I only speak English
0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 16:43:09
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x