User
Pass
2FA

[7.2.5] Subtlety Rogue PVE Guide for beginners. [ENG]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message6431
Mefedronked

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-08-2020 09:53)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 14-01-2019, 03:16:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

SUBTLETY ROGUE PVE GUIDE: EASY MODE

FAQ

1. TALENTS
2. STATS
3. ARTIFACT
4. SPELLS PRIORITY AND OPENER
5. LEGENDARIES
6. RACES
7. ADDITIONAL THINGS ABOUT SPEC

Hello. Today I want to introduce you to simple Subtlety Rogue PVE guide. In this topic u will see basics of rotation, spells, talents, stats, legendaries etc. I note that this is a guide for beginners, in the future I will write a more comprehensive guide. Let's go.

ABOUT ROGUE IN 7.2.5

In 7.2.5 subtlety rogue got a lot of changes that making this spec super playable. Subtlety rogue is strong on single target damage, has sustain aoe damage, great mobility and survival mechanics. All 7.2.5 changes u can see on any sites !

1. TALENTS

At the the beginning it is important to choose talents. Here I present to you in my opinion best PVE talents. They are flexible and works good on raids and mythic keystones.

LEVEL 15: Master of Subtlety - gives you buff that increases your damage from all sources for 10% in stealth and 5s after breaking stealth. Works with Shadow Dance and Vanish. Best choice in this tier. Weaponmaster is the second good choice but 6% chance for trigger does not give benefits to dps.

LEVEL 30: Nightstalker - while Stealth or Shadow Dance you deal 12% more damage and moving 20% faster. What can I say, subtlety does a lot of attacks from Shadow Dance so this talent works perfectly.

LEVEL 45: Deeper Stratagem - increases your combo points from 5 to 6 and gives to combo point spenders 5% damage. More combo points + 5% damage to them gives solid dmg to your Eviscerate (that making 50% of your overall damage!). Subtlety stacks combo points very fast so rest talents from this tier are definitely weaker.

LEVEL 60: YOUR CHOICE - I can only say Elusiveness is good for aoe situations, Cheat Death is good for survive strong attacks.

LEVEL 75: ALSO YOUR CHOICE - I suggest Prey on the Weak talents. Good for keystones when u need to CC and nuke uncomfortable mob.

LEVEL 90: Dark Shadow - 30% more damage while Shadow Dance? C'mon i have to say something more?

LEVEL 100: Death from Above - 2 part attack. Deal damage to enemies around you, jumps up and making Eviscerate on your target. Good for raids and keystones. I add that some passive buffs increases damage of your Eviscerate so this is best choice.

2. STATS

Stats are important, so priority looks like this:

MASTERY (about 110%)
VERSATILITY (12~%)
CRIT (25%)
HASTE

3. ARTIFACT TRAITS AND RELICS

On the picture u can see route to 35 trait and after 35 traits.

4. OPENER AND SPELL PRIORITY

In this section u can see opening sequence and spell priority. At first glance, opener seems complicated, but it's not hard to learn.

OPENER:

PRE POT > STEALTH > SHADOW BLADES > SHADOWSTRIKE > BACKSTAB > NIGHTBLADE (ON 6CP) > SHADOW DANCE > SHADOWSTRIKE > SYMBOLS OF DEATH > SHADOWSTRIKE > EVISCERATE > SHADOWSTRIKE > BACKSTAB > DEATH FROM ABOVE (ON 6CP) > SHADOW DANCE (SPAM IT FOR PROC DARK SHADOW TALENTS ON LANDING) > 2 X SHADOWSTRIKE > EVISCERATE > THEN U CONTINUE NORMAL ROTATIONS AND PLAY AROUND SHADOW DANCE AND DEATH FROM ABOVE

PRIORITY:

ALWAYS NIGHTBLADE ON TARGET > SHADOWBLADES ON CD > SHADOW DANCE (IF ENOUGH ENERGY TO APPLY MIN. 2 SHADOWSTRIKES) > DEATH FROM ABOVE COMBINED WITH SHADOW DANCE + SYMBOLS ! > EVISCERATE > BACKSTAB > GOREMAW'S BITE IF U DON'T HAVE ENERGY AND CP

5. LEGENDARIES

I mention only about legendaries that affects on spec. Those I did not mention it is not worth to wearing generally.

WRIST + SHOULDERS > FEET > CLOAK > HANDS > ALL

Wrist and shoulders are best legendaries to wearing. Gives longer burst and damage impact. Feet gives good sustained single target damage. Cloak is good for keystones and generally in aoe situations. Hands can provide some overall dmg but need to combine with symbols of death and shadow dance. Neck can be good on high keystones when u need some survi.

6. RACES

I recommend playing what you want, because racials do not change diametrically your dps. But if I have to exchange best races this order is:

Night Elf (Shadowmeld) > Blood Elf > Gnome > Orc > Human > Troll > Worgen > Goblin > Undead > Pandaren lul

7. IMPORTANT THINGS ABOUT SUBTLETY

Generally Subtlety Rogue requires control your cooldowns, planning for keep damage and use spells with caution. Subtlety has many passives which is worth to know, for example: Finality buff from artifact that increases damage of your next Eviscerate or Nightblade, Shuriken Combo that can increase damage of your next Eviscerate by 50%. I think after learning the basics you will know how to "cooperate" with these mechanics - GL !

THANKS FOR READ !

1 0

ryangg

[Advisor]

(since 09-11-2022 09:46)

Votes: 134

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 14-01-2019, 10:21:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Good and simple guide -

1 0

lulbolt

[Mentally Stable]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 14-01-2019, 19:12:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Not much effort seems to have been put in this guide, nor did you bother to proofread or check your grammar. You have no reference to who you are (ingame, as a player), how you play or what your experience is, thus making this guide unreliable in the first place. The information is little, which means that nearly any other source is more informative and detailed that what can be found here. The point of these guides is to adapt them to the freakz playstyle which is different from the retail experience, and give players an insight on how to play their class effectively.

You should add a link to your 'class changes' section which directs the player to the changes 'which can be seen on any site'.

If you put time into creating a guide, make it worthwhile. -

0 0

Mefedronked

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-08-2020 09:53)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 14-01-2019, 19:39:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This is not a guide on how to be "master of rogue". Guide is suspossed to be simple and easy to read, contains basic informations for people who never played Subtlety, that asks on global "best sub talents???", "sub stats?????" etc.
0 0

Berk01

[Mentally Stable]

(since 30-05-2019 02:18)

Post Posted: 15-01-2019, 19:52:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I sugest that in the oppener put VANISH before DEATH FROM ABOVE Because that maximize the damage of the eviserate (spaming shadow dance before the falling animation ends) [i do like 5 million damage in tha strike only been 890 ilvl].
If u have AOE 3+ u change the rotation x2 shadowstrike, evicerate, shadowstrike; put shuriken storms+evicerate+shuriken storms+evicerate.
Allways try to acivate death from above after you strike a Evicerate, to obtain bonus damage from evicerate. [your next evicerate obtains increased damage (30sec cooldown)].

when you talk about normal rotation is generate points with backstab and finish with evicerate, i you have death from above, SYMBOLS OF DEATH, VANISH active and NIGHTBLADE with >10s; do backstab until 6cp, thenVANISH + SYMBOLS OF DEATH + DEATH FROM ABOVE,(spam Shadowdance) and x2 shadowstrike, evicerate, shadowstrike; shuriken storms+evicerate+shuriken storms+evicerate if AOE.
if u have nightblade <10s i´ts better renovate it. and do the combo after.
you can do it when vanish is on CD just start with SYMBOLS OF DEATH.

i hope you can try this advices an decide if works for you.
have a nice day.

https://armory.wow-freakz.com/character/felsong/karntheron
0 0

ryangg

[Advisor]

Post Posted: 17-01-2019, 12:50:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@lulbolt The subtley rogue in this patch is quite simple ,stack mastery ,shadow dance,shadow strike ,death from above,spam eviscerates ...there is not much to say .

0 0

Bow

[Salty]

(since 04-07-2021 16:05)

Votes: 66

Post Posted: 17-01-2019, 16:33:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Ryangg, that is not how subtlety works. If you wanna be a casual player than what you wrote is enough, if not, then things get a lot more complicated.
0 0

ryangg

[Advisor]

Post Posted: 18-01-2019, 14:18:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I know what u are trying to say,but this spec performs better and better while u play it ,if u think its a lot more complicated ,ask some advices because its not.I have screenshots from tos raids and my dps exceeds 1mil at any fight and I've started playing it for about a week (I was stubborn to give a chance to assasination ).

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 10:34:52
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x