User
Pass
2FA

About cinematics or in-game scenes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message455
Raysel

[Mentally Stable]

(since 31-08-2019 11:02)

Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 01:28:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I noticed there aren't cinematics except the one you get when you create your toon, is that normal? and there is a way to implement them? because it really kills my game immersion (like for example when you finish the DK prologue and you just got teleported out of the zone) Thank you.
0 0

Kaputtmaken

[God Imperator]

(since 12-10-2022 06:34)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 07:09:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Many cinematics are working (killing corrupted ysera) but sometimes dbm will skip them. Idk about the dk one
0 0

Raysel

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 10:23:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Kaputtmaken wrote:
Many cinematics are working (killing corrupted ysera) but sometimes dbm will skip them. Idk about the dk one

First of all thanks for your answer. I had to google what dbm is and i'm afraid i dont use that or any mods at all, but are you affirmative on your statement? are most game scenes working? like the Legion island assault (beggining) and such? because that's where i'm heading and i would hate to have such good moments ruined.

0 0

Kaputtmaken

[God Imperator]

(since 12-10-2022 06:34)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 16:06:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hm I dont which cinematics are not working cuz I never played on retail, but dbm will skip cinetmatics inside of dungeons and raids for me
0 0

Raysel

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 17:02:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Kaputtmaken wrote:
Hm I dont which cinematics are not working cuz I never played on retail, but dbm will skip cinetmatics inside of dungeons and raids for me

Not talking only about cinematics but also in-game scenes, wich i can now confirm they are cut from this server (dont know if the rest do the same) in any case, with in-game scenes i mean the dinamic quests that shows one NPC walking or talking thru an event, like the lich king being defeated in the DK prologue, or so many other quests that makes you interact with the environment (yet another example would be when you are suposed to hide inside a cart to get behind enemy lines and destroy them with the ships canons in the DK prologue).

Im really concerned about this, because this would mean that all relevant PVE scenes are gone, those including the ones from legion (arriving and advancing into sargeras tomb) or the ones that take place when you aquire your artifact.

This is really a big letdown for me, if anyone knows how to solve this or at least why is happening i would very much apreciated.

By the way, i used to enjoy the flight travel sequences wich are also gone. (is posibly all linked?)

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 17:49:07 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Raysel,

Quests which involve heavily scripted events, such as the Battle for Light's Dawn in the Death Knight starting questline, are mostly set to auto complete until Legion. We are a Legion server, our development priority lies in Legion content. So instead of taking a lot of time fixing such heavily scripted low level events, we've set these quests to complete instantly.

This is no longer the case once you reach Legion content. These events are included there, as they're current content and we want players to be able to experience them like they would have on retail.

Actual cinematics and in-game rendered cutscenes are present throughout the game, they're not removed anywhere.

Flight Paths being all open and set to instantly teleport you is an intended change to make levelling easier and faster. This will stop once you reach Warlords of Draenor content, in WoD and Legion zones you need to explore flight paths yourself, and they no longer teleport you.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Raysel

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 20-08-2019, 19:58:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello Raysel,

Quests which involve heavily scripted events, such as the Battle for Light's Dawn in the Death Knight starting questline, are mostly set to auto complete until Legion. We are a Legion server, our development priority lies in Legion content. So instead of taking a lot of time fixing such heavily scripted low level events, we've set these quests to complete instantly.

This is no longer the case once you reach Legion content. These events are included there, as they're current content and we want players to be able to experience them like they would have on retail.

Actual cinematics and in-game rendered cutscenes are present throughout the game, they're not removed anywhere.

Flight Paths being all open and set to instantly teleport you is an intended change to make levelling easier and faster. This will stop once you reach Warlords of Draenor content, in WoD and Legion zones you need to explore flight paths yourself, and they no longer teleport you.

Best regards
Sarah

You literally saved me, MANY thanks!

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 00:40:33
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x