User
Pass
2FA

[Battleground] Equal amount of healers & tanks for both teams

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message552
Wilcox

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-08-2019 10:00)

Post Posted: 23-08-2019, 13:33:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I recently joined the server, I'm mainly into playing battlegrounds. Sometimes, your team has 1 healer and the other team has 6 healers. With your team being filled by the average Joe, you end up not standing much of a chance - because the average Joe does not focus targets, he attacks whatever comes in his way.

You already choose roles when queuing for instanced zones, be it pve or pvp. The algorithm could work like this; make it so that when a healer joins any team, the next healer joins the other team, and therefore the amount of healers is equalized. Same could be put in place for tanks. This automatically equalizes the amount of dps aswell. Not only the current state potentially kills any incentive players might have towards pvp, it also encourages some players to insult the server and its staff as a whole. After all, it takes only one bad experience for us selfish humans to entirely dismiss something good.

(ps: before any smart people out there yell at me "PLAY HEALER THEN!!!!", I already am.)

Last edited by Wilcox on 23-08-2019, 13:34:44; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 23-08-2019, 16:08:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Wilcox,

First of all, please keep in mind that I'm only a Helper and not in charge of actually deciding something like this, I'm merely giving my comment about your suggestion.

A system like this is supposedly in place on Blizzard's official servers since 2014, however, even there it often feels like there's no system like that at all, mostly due to technical difficulties in regards to how WoW's queue system is setup.
You can read more about it here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/12673197386?page=4#post-63

Ultimately I'm afraid that if we were to introduce a similar system on our server, we'd face the same problem as Blizzard does.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

michael1234
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 24-05-2020 00:50)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 26-08-2019, 00:30:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That's a good answer Sarah.

one thing to realize though, Freakz battlegrounds are better than most. Because Freakz has cross faction, nobody knows which side a pre-made team will show up on. On other servers all the professional PVP'ers will congregate on one faction, because they know they will be less likely to encounter another skilled team.

My suggestion to the OP?

have some alts ready to go!! Why just rely on your javascript:emoticon('') DPS, have a healer ready to go if there is no healing logging in for BG's. Isn't it important to be the Hero?!? As the healer hang out with the beefy guys (the ones with more prestige) others will follow the prestige guys especially if they have heals on them. Then you don't die so much.

Last edited by michael1234 on 26-08-2019, 03:02:09; edited 2 times in total
0 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 08-04-2020, 02:27:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Suggestions-to-improve-PvP-t569430.html

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 10:55:14
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x