User
Pass
2FA

[Demon Hunter][Vengeance] Pain Generation From Damage Taken

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message714
DoesMyNameMatter

[Pricefield Junkie]

(since 14-11-2023 17:52)

Votes: 106

Post Posted: 04-09-2019, 20:51:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: -
Bug description: Currently Vengeance suffers from extreme resource starvation. This can be due to 1 of 2 things (or maybe both): Either the formula for generation on damage taken is wrong, or (which I imagine is widely known at this point by most people) it's because the damage dealt by mobs physical/melee attacks is ridiculously small and puny. Unfortunately with the Mr Bot theory database set to Battle for Azeroth it's impossible for me to bring any kind of direct proof that it's wrong, therefore I'll have to rely on video comparisons to do the talking.
Proof: So here's the closest video I could find on youtube to compare with (please excuse the atrocious and cringy edits the video has, it's the closest thing I could find, yes I want to kill the guy that made this shit too): https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ya1I_sRp_vE:

- for this focus on the guy's kill of Warlord Parjesh (First Boss), as I've used that as the "training dummy". The reason is that he, like most other bosses has basic attacks, but he also has a more threatening high damage dealing attack (Crashing Wave)(The general time stamp for this is min ~1:30). The dungeon in this video has no boss affecting affix, just like freakz this week. The key is only 14, whereas mine is 16 as you'll see, but you'll also see that this actually only reinforces my point. The unfortunate thing about the video is that it's from 7.3.2, but I just couldn't find a closer match.
And here's my recording of Warlord Parjesh on Freakz: https://youtube.com/watch?v=EiSgVUpNaWc:

You'll see that in the video I tried to use as few spells as possible, only popping Demon Spikes (my active mitigation) once in a while out of habbit. When I filmed this I was dumb and popped empower wards which reduce the damage from Crashing Waves, but the damage I ended up taking is comparable to what's dealt in the retail video. You can also see that throughout 90% of the encounter my pain literally doesn't move, occasionally getting increased by 1 or 2 every few seconds, which is a far cry from what's happening on retail. Crashing Waves are also a joke, if you look at the 2nd one in my video, you can see that I take about 20% of my health in damage and literally get 0 pain from it.

3 0

AquoZz246

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-05-2021 13:59)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 05-10-2019, 14:05:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I always though to myself why don't I get any pain by getting hit but I though its just blizzard's logic..
0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(since 22-05-2022 09:36)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 28-10-2019, 20:12:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed, DH tanks should generate more Pain from damage taken than they currently do, it's hard to put a certain number on it but in the proof you can see that there should be more generated than is currently happening

XXX Barney

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Barnacle, 28 October 2019 18:12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 22:58:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x