User
Pass
2FA

New player gets message not using freakz launcher

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message1947
timpug

[Mentally Stable]

(since 18-05-2020 00:01)

Post Posted: 28-09-2019, 01:38:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link:
Bug description: Please help me if you can. I am a new player and just downloaded the client 7.2.5. I read the instructions and it says to delete the "read only" file in the data folder. Only problem is that I didn't have any "read only " file to delete in the data folder. I checked all the other folders and couldn't find any "read only" file to delete. I tried using both freakz launchers "launcher_freakz.exe" and "launcher_freakz-64.exe. No matter which launcher I use I immediately get kicked saying I did not use the freakz launcher. In the data file I only have 3 folders "config, data, and indices" and none of these have a "read only" file inside. I checked the launcher_readme.txt file and it says to use the launcher_freakz.exe file and not the wow.exe. I used the forementioned launcher_freakz.exe file but got disconnected pretty fast. I'm guessing the problem is that there is a "read only" file someplace that I cannot find, as the instructions mention that one would get disconnected if it is not deleted. Can someone please provide me with the path to find it.

Proof:

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 28-09-2019, 14:56:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello timpug,

Please pay better attention when reading. Nowhere does it state to delete a file called Read Only, there is no such file, it's a property.

Right click the WoW folder, click on Properties, remove Read Only and click Apply.

However, that will likely not solve the problem you are facing.

here's a list of all known solutions to the "not using our launcher" issue:

Open your Task Manager and close all processes related to World of Warcraft and Freakz Launchers, then restart your computer.

If you're using Windows 10, check your Firewall settings, a recent update has caused those to reset for many users, which may cause your launcher to be blocked.

Should that not work, try the following solutions (one by one, not all at once!)
- Redownload the launcher
- Remove the Read Only property from the ENTIRE game folder
- Set all launcher_freakz and WoW executables to run with administrator privileges
- Delete the WTF folder
- Move the WoW client to another location on your hard drive, for example the Desktop (And most importantly, the error tends to happen when it's not on the C: drive)
- Delete launcher_freakz-64.exe, launcher_freakz-64.dll and Wow-64.exe

Make sure to follow all of the steps correctly!

Common mistakes are:

- Not removing read only or only doing so from the Data folder (The not using launcher issue, if client related, comes from Interface and/or WTF)
- Not setting ALL launchers and WoW exes to run as admin, or doing right click and clicking run as admin on the launcher (which would only run the Freakz launcher, but not WoW, as admin, and only once)
- Having the client on a different hard drive or partition than C:\\(Not sure why this causes the problem, as it doesn't do so on every PC, but it was the reason on my Windows 7 laptop for example)

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

timpug

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 29-09-2019, 05:16:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you for your reply. It is not that I am not paying proper attention when reading.... rather it is that I am misunderstanding what I am reading . To be explicit --I have no idea how to "Remove the Read Only property from the ENTIRE game folder". I am not a computer techi and I do appreciate the patience you have offered in helping me and I thank you for that. I am over 65 and did not grow up with computers so I fumble around as best I can. I have redownloaded the launder several times trying to solve this issue. I thank you in advance for any insight you can offer to help me understand how to perform the above mentioned step. I am using windows 7. I have the client on my C drive. Where is the client? I would imagine it is several GB but none of the files or folders seem to be that big. I must have it downloaded otherwise the program wouldn't run at all. Again I thank you for your assistance. Wave
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 29-09-2019, 10:53:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I can't tell where you downloaded the client, you had to set a download path when starting the download through the Torrent. The folder's size is around 40GB. The default name of the folder (unless you changed that) is "WoW Legion 7.2.5 torrent" you can search for that name in Windows, or search for any of the files in it, i.e. launcher_freakz.exe

To remove read only from the whole game client, right click the "WoW Legion 7.2.5 torrent" folder, properties, remove read only and click apply.

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

timpug

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 05-10-2019, 13:26:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you Sarah for your clarification as I now understand how to delete the "read only" properties. Your explanation was very explicit and clear. I do have another question... Can you provide further details on how to complete this step --- "Set all launcher_freakz and WoW executables to run with administrator privileges" please? At first I would just right click and click on "Run as administrator". But I've come to the conclusion this is not what you mean as it causes the program to run. However, I've noticed that if I right click on the freaks and wow exe files Ithe headings "General" "compatability" "Security" "Details" and "previous versions" pop up. If I click on the "Security" heading I get 4 options 1) Authenticated Users 2) SYSTEM 3) Adminstrators (Toad_PC\\Administators) 4) Users (Toad-PC\\Users). (Note Toad is the name I chose for my PC). Should I click on "Administrators (Toad-PC\\Administrators) heading and then and click Edit to change permission? Thanks again for your assistance.
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 05-10-2019, 15:06:16 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You right click them, properties, compatibility and tick the box "Run as administrator".

Do this for Wow.exe, Wow-64.exe, launcher_freakz.exe and launcher_freakz-64.exe

0 0

timpug

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-10-2019, 06:55:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you very much Sarah. Your instructions and detailed explanations were impeccable. I am now able to enter the game and play without crashing.

Last edited by timpug on 06-10-2019, 07:01:46; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 days ago)

Post Posted: 06-10-2019, 08:55:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

That's great to hear, have fun!

0 0

timpug

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 06-10-2019, 15:27:59 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Wanted to add this comment in case anyone else has intermittent problems with login.
Everything had been working well. I put the executable login icon on my desktop and logged in and out about a half dozen times. Leveled my toon to level 6. Then I started having the same issue again---got kicked out on login with a message saying I wasn't using the Freakz login. Solved the issue by going to my start menu and deleted the wow.exe file I found there. Worked great next time I logged in.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 17:01:36
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x