User
Pass
2FA

Enemy render distance.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts

Should the enemy render distance be increased?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Author Message572
metacooler

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-11-2019 18:23)

Post Posted: 05-11-2019, 06:04:38 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So I just started playing on the server and I've noticed that I have to practically be right on top of a mob for it to be visible. It's ridiculous. I really think that the radius needs to be increased. What do you guys think?
0 0

topgun750

[Server's best ex]

(since 24-04-2022 16:27)

Votes: 7

Post Posted: 05-11-2019, 10:10:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

metacooler wrote:
So I just started playing on the server and I've noticed that I have to practically be right on top of a mob for it to be visible. It's ridiculous. I really think that the radius needs to be increased. What do you guys think?

Hello metacooler and welcome to Freakz!

While I approve of the suggestion, and also think that having a larger render distance would increase the overall gameplay quality on our server, I am pretty sure this is close to impossible to be done. I remember we've had this discussion a few times already, and it always appeared that there's really not much we can do about it.

Perhaps somebody else will be able to give more detail as in why exactly this is impossible.

Nevertheless, I thank you for trying to contribute to the server with your suggestions. And once again - welcome to our server! -

Kind regards,
GM Topgun

0 0

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

(since 24-09-2022 11:04)

Votes: 222

Post Posted: 05-11-2019, 10:41:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It's not about the "render distance" but the phasing. Tl;dr if you're in some area X and another mob is in area Y you cannot see it. We did this due to some limitations on our current patch, but may be improved / removed at all once we move to a different patch.

For now, it will stay this way.

0 0

metacooler

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-11-2019 18:23)

Post Posted: 05-11-2019, 16:03:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

k0s wrote:
It's not about the "render distance" but the phasing. Tl;dr if you're in some area X and another mob is in area Y you cannot see it. We did this due to some limitations on our current patch, but may be improved / removed at all once we move to a different patch.

For now, it will stay this way.

Are you sure, because I found a post from 4 years ago asking about the same thing.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/view-post-4612496.html

I just don't want to waste my time if it's not going to change.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 05-11-2019, 16:18:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello metacooler,

View distance is limited to 50 yards in the open world (this is not active in Dungeons, Raids, BGs, Arenas or otherwise instanced areas) to reduce server load, increasing performance and lowering lag.

It has been active for a long time and to my knowledge there are no plans to change it.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by k0s, 05 November 2019 16:06

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 20-04-2024, 09:59:35
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x