User
Pass
2FA

[EN] 7.3.5 Guide to farming Legendaries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Tutorials / guides made by forum users -> General
Author Message6124
Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(online 1 day ago)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 29-07-2019, 12:05:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Barney's Legendary Farming guide

We all want them as fast as possible, but due to their strength compared to other pieces of gear they are extremely hard to come by if you’re not willing to flash your wallet and drop a few dollaridoos on them. That is why I will be explaining how to efficiently farm legendaries so you can get your BiS in no-time.

First a few notes about legendaries.

- First off they will drop from almost any legion content, this means that even killing a rare world quest mob will have a certain chance. This chance increases as the difficulty of the content increases as well. This is however a contested point, since the community had put together statistics on retail disproving this, even though blizzard themselves said so.
Spoiler:

- Secondly, Loot lockouts on raid and dungeon bosses also apply to legendaries, making it impossible to just solo MoS 200 times per day to increase your dropchance.

- As a last note, your so called ‘Bad Luck Protection’ will reset once a legendary drops, but only for your current loot spec. The only exception to this are Shared Legendaries such as
Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus, Sephuz's Secret and Aggramar's Stride. If you get any of these legendaries in a drop the bad luck protection will reset for all your specs. This also applies to legendaries that are useable by only two specs, if you get one it will reset the BLP for the both of them (not for the one you can't use it on of course)

If we take these notes into consideration we can see a few things, mainly that you should just play the game and have fun, legendaries will come since almost anything you do will reward them. If you do however want to get as many of them as possible I have a few tips and tricks to get this done as fast as possible. These will all be about maximizing the amount of bad luck protection you get, because as I said, everything can and will at some point drop a legendary.

General Tips

1. Only farm one spec at the time, this way you won’t lose any BLP when you get a shared legendary.
2. Don’t do dungeons that you already have lockout for on any other difficulty than M+, M+ of course is the only type of PVE content that doesn’t have loot lockout.

Farming for Real

Now on to actually farming the legendaries.

- First things first, with patch 7.3.5 you can buy a random legendary from Arcanomancer Vridiel for 1000 Wakening Essence. This is now the fastest way to farm your new legendary. You can check out how to farm for the Wakening essences in this guide. Buying a legendary this way will not in any way affect your bad luck protection. Here is a guide on how this works exactly.,

- This patch also brought the new legendary
Aman'Thul's Vision. This legendary is unique in a few ways. Firstly, it only drops from Argus and you only have one chance per week to get it, this means that killing Argus multiple times will not affect your drop chance in any given week. Secondly this legendary does not fall under the two legendary limit, you can equip it as a third legendary. Note however that you can not equip Aman'Thul's and another pantheon trinket at the same time. This legendary will also NOT drop from LFR difficulty.

- If your gear allows it you can solo dungeons on normal and heroic, if you do every dungeon on all the difficulties every week you will get a huge boost in BLP this will often be faster or just as fast as doing them with a pug group once you have a high enough item level so that the most time you spend in a dungeon is just traversing it.

- If you can and want to you can also solo M0, but in my experience it is almost always faster to do this with a group, this way you can all get some more BLP in a very short time. This can also help your low geared friends who just need some gear to start out with as you guide them through the dungeon.

- Do as many raids on as many difficulties as you can handle, this means running LFR to Mythic on EN, TOV, NH and TOS. Finding a group for older content can be hard, but if you have a guild you can always just get a group of about 10 people and breeze through the content. If you are lucky you can always still get some nice titanforges out of it aswell.

- Do emissaries, this step is extremely easy and takes the least amount of time out of all the ways to farm, just doing them every day gives you a huge amount of BLP per week, since you won’t just be doing the World Quests, but also getting the caches from your emissary.

- Do all the invasions you can, they drop argunite which you can use to target certain slots.

- Open treasures and other forms of loot on Argus, this means doing Rares and elites and doing Argus World quests.

- Another almost endless way of getting more BLP is doing PVP, both arena’s and Battlegrounds give an uncapped amount of BLP per day/week. This is however compensated by the low outright chance they give you.

- Lastly you should buy
Relinquished Bracers and other relinquished tokens from Thaumaturge Vashreen to target certain slots.

In the end, you will have to farm a lot to get your BiS, as it can happen that it is the last legendary to drop for you. Don’t get discouraged by your guildy who got his two BiS legendaries after just 5 days of farming, after all it all mostly comes down to RNG, but by following these tips you can maximize the amount of legendaries you get per month.

Have Fun and Good Luck farming,

Greetings, Barney

---edited for 7.3.5---

XXX Barney

Last edited by Barnacle on 15-03-2020, 15:59:25; edited 13 times in total
4 0

SELFISHTIGER1

[Mentally Stable]

(online 6 days ago)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 09-10-2019, 02:10:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

So to clarify, why is it not a good idea for me to just farm Halls of Valor normal and kill Hymdall over and over?
From what i read, that doesnt work due to "loot lockout", can you explain that further
My issue is that I have a twink character and he doesn't have access to raids or mythic dungeons.
Thanks

0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(online 1 day ago)

Post Posted: 09-10-2019, 13:04:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since you will have a loot cooldown for that boss if you kill him once on a certain difficulty the legendary chance will also not increase, since this only increases when there are chances for regular loot aswell.

XXX Barney

0 0

Gadoschi

[Mentally Stable]

(online 15 hours ago)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 01-12-2019, 01:10:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Does changing loot specs to target certain loot at some bosses affect BLP in any way?
On this server, I don't care how it was on retail.

0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(online 1 day ago)

Post Posted: 01-12-2019, 11:34:45 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gadoschi wrote:
Does changing loot specs to target certain loot at some bosses affect BLP in any way?
On this server, I don't care how it was on retail.

The only difference this will make is if the bosses are of a different difficulty, as such there will be a difference between a mythic tos boss and a normal eoa boss, just as it would when you don't change loot spec.

Greetings, Barney

XXX Barney

0 0

Gadoschi

[Mentally Stable]

(online 15 hours ago)

Votes: 1

Post Posted: 01-12-2019, 13:24:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I don't think you understood what I was asking.

What I meant was - if, e.g. I get my Havoc BLP up to 80%, and then change loot spec to Vengeance for a few raid bosses, then change back to Havoc, is my Havoc BLP still at 80% or does it reset to 0% when I change my loot spec?

0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(online 1 day ago)

Post Posted: 01-12-2019, 14:17:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gadoschi wrote:
I don't think you understood what I was asking.

What I meant was - if, e.g. I get my Havoc BLP up to 80%, and then change loot spec to Vengeance for a few raid bosses, then change back to Havoc, is my Havoc BLP still at 80% or does it reset to 0% when I change my loot spec?

it will not, changing loot specs will not reset anything, only receiving a legendary that is usable on all specs will reset it for these specs

XXX Barney

0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(online 1 day ago)

Post Posted: 15-03-2020, 02:07:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Edited for 7.3.5

XXX Barney

1 0

ryantantrajaya

[Mentally Stable]

(online 5 days ago)

Post Posted: 07-05-2020, 06:08:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Man, i just get 110 on this server, amd i can just straight to farm legendaries? Or got something else to do first?
0 0

Barnacle

[Barney The Dinosaur]

(online 1 day ago)

Post Posted: 11-05-2020, 12:02:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

well, if you don't have any legendaries yet, they will come faster than normally.
My advice is to just gear up and learn how to play your class as best you can, then the legendaries will come.
you should only start farming them when you already have decent gear etc.

ryantantrajaya wrote:
Man, i just get 110 on this server, amd i can just straight to farm legendaries? Or got something else to do first?

XXX Barney

0 0

Hitmanx2x

[Mentally Stable]

(online 1 week ago)

Post Posted: 13-06-2020, 21:09:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

ill be honest, ive gone 4 weeks on my main without having a single leggo drop.
the funny thing is, ive bought 4 (or 3, wasnt REALLY counting) leggos during that time with essence. i do every difficulty of EN (apart from lfr because no one queues it)
i do every difficulty of night hold (not always mythic)
i do every daily dungeon, i run the chests on macaree killing every rare along the way (managed to get all mounts apart from 1 on antoran wastes)
i have purchased 4 legendaries on my alt, not doing much there ill be honest (his first 4 legendaries were ALL purchased with essence)

i really think there is something wrong with the leggo system... any help on where to post a question about it? it just doesnt drop for me and many of my guildies.
one guildie mentioned that chars made pre 7.3.5 are basically fked and wont get leggos anymore. anyone have any post or someth in regards to this??

Last edited by Hitmanx2x on 13-06-2020, 21:09:45; edited 1 time in total
1 0

Skillshot

[Mentally Stable]

(online 11 hours ago)

Votes: 5

Post Posted: 23-08-2020, 15:36:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hitmanx2x wrote:
ill be honest, ive gone 4 weeks on my main without having a single leggo drop.
the funny thing is, ive bought 4 (or 3, wasnt REALLY counting) leggos during that time with essence. i do every difficulty of EN (apart from lfr because no one queues it)
i do every difficulty of night hold (not always mythic)
i do every daily dungeon, i run the chests on macaree killing every rare along the way (managed to get all mounts apart from 1 on antoran wastes)
i have purchased 4 legendaries on my alt, not doing much there ill be honest (his first 4 legendaries were ALL purchased with essence)

i really think there is something wrong with the leggo system... any help on where to post a question about it? it just doesnt drop for me and many of my guildies.
one guildie mentioned that chars made pre 7.3.5 are basically fked and wont get leggos anymore. anyone have any post or someth in regards to this??

Same experience here.
Old account, new character. The legendary drop system on freakz is way off, so is the BLP.

Over 4 weeks, no legendary drop on the new character.

Events to trigger it (Also BLP events):

Emissary Chests: 23
Weekly Chest: 3
Argus Chests (Lesser; Greater): 98; 17
Argus Rares: 98
Argus Invasions (Lesser; Greater): 0; 0
Heroic Dungeons: 81
Broken Shore Rares: 4
Mythic 0 Dungeon Bosses: 16
Mythic + Dungeons: 37
Raid bosses (LFR; Normal; Heroic; Mythic; Non Current Raid): 0; 11; 24; 0; 0
PvP events: 25
Blingtron 6000: 5

Considering Shockeru's post, it probably doesn't always apply, and the easiest explanation is "it's rng"

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/FIXED-Legendary-drop-bad-luck-protection-system-t473993-15.html

Quote:
Post Posted: 20-07-2017, 23:20:54 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)
I made an implementation, taken some of the posts here in consideration. The algorithm is quite complex, but long story short: for a casual+ player which does daily farming (dungeons, raids, emissary, rares killing and/or pvp/bgs) he will have a GUARANTEED drop in 1-2 weeks (he can also have a drop earlier if he's lucky obviously), depending on how much does he farm. If he farms less then the expected average, it will take longer. But the system is there, he will eventually have 100% drop chance. Will post more info on site once it's live (after restart)

0 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Legion -> Tutorials / guides made by forum users -> General  

The time now is 27-09-2020, 09:42:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x