User
Pass
2FA

Problems with the launcher

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message13407
sealsnipe

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-10-2017 10:50)

Post Posted: 01-10-2017, 15:54:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey there I'm new on this I hope you are patient with me -

So I am using the freakz_launcher.exe. Every time I start it it says that there is no launcher_freakz.dll file in the wow directory. fyi I am using windows 7 and the wow folder is located at C:\users\username\ in there somewhere. I dont use admin mode or anything (also tried "run as admin" just to be sure but same error). the dll file IS in the directory.

Well ok it says there is no dll file but at least the game starts. I was able to create new characters and connect to the server. but when I am in the game with my character there is a system message (yellow in the middle of the screen) that says I am not using the launcher and thus I will be kicked.

https://picload.org/view/dglagdwr/problem.png.html

I hope you can help.

edit: maybe I should tell: I am using the "stream-version" of the game since my torrent needs like 24h to download ~.~ could this be a problem of that version?

edit 2: The download speeded up, so I tried the fully downloaded version. first it said get the new launcher. so I downloaded it and replaced everything in the wow folder with the new files. When I login now it gets me the same error as I had before with the "streaming-version" of the game. When starting it states that there might not be a DLL file and ingame that I am not using the launcher (even though I started wow with the launcher)....

0 0

sealsnipe

[Mentally Stable]

(since 12-10-2017 10:50)

Post Posted: 01-10-2017, 18:18:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok I have read and followed the suggestions in this topic
https://forum.wow-freakz.com/view-post-5493752.html
still not working.

There seems to be a huge problem with the DLL file for me. The older one works, but still the server kicks me, so no use. The new one doesnt work for me - Is there anything else else I could try?

EDIT:

Fixed it. The 64 bit version caused the propblems... deleted the 64 bit version files and copied the 32 bit files and named them 64 bit.... now it works fine....

0 0

VladLovesWow

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-10-2019 09:02)

Post Posted: 29-08-2018, 00:27:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks Man really good thing. I had exactly the same order and i thanks god you did this

0 0

vencislav92

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-11-2019 15:55)

Post Posted: 06-10-2019, 07:58:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello guys i ve tryed everyting but i get kicked after 15 seconds i ve tryed from both freakz lounchers and i get the same
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 06-10-2019, 08:47:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello venicislav92,

Open your Task Manager and close all processes related to World of Warcraft and Freakz Launchers, then restart your computer.

If you're using Windows 10, check your Firewall settings, a recent update has caused those to reset for many users, which may cause your launcher to be blocked.

Should that not work, try the following solutions (one by one, not all at once!)
- Redownload the launcher
- Remove the Read Only property from the ENTIRE game folder
- Set all launcher_freakz and WoW executables to run with administrator privileges
- Delete the WTF folder
- Move the WoW client to another location on your hard drive, for example the Desktop (And most importantly, the error tends to happen when it's not on the C: drive)
- Delete launcher_freakz-64.exe, launcher_freakz-64.dll and Wow-64.exe

Common mistakes are:

- Not removing read only or only doing so from the Data folder (The not using launcher issue, if client related, comes from Interface and/or WTF)
- Not setting ALL launchers and WoW exes to run as admin, or doing right click and clicking run as admin on the launcher (which would only run the Freakz launcher, but not WoW, as admin, and only once)
- Having the client on a different hard drive or partition than C:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (Not sure why this causes the problem, as it doesn't do so on every PC, but it was the reason on my Windows 7 laptop for example)

The solution to the problem is one of the ones listed above, definitely.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

c5sar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 20-10-2019 11:15)

Post Posted: 16-10-2019, 14:27:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

same problem here i did all of those solutions nothing helped
0 0

kr1z

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-03-2020 17:58)

Post Posted: 20-10-2019, 03:11:41 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello venicislav92,

Open your Task Manager and close all processes related to World of Warcraft and Freakz Launchers, then restart your computer.

If you're using Windows 10, check your Firewall settings, a recent update has caused those to reset for many users, which may cause your launcher to be blocked.

Should that not work, try the following solutions (one by one, not all at once!)
- Set all launcher_freakz and WoW executables to run with administrator privileges
- Delete the WTF folder
- Move the WoW client to another location on your hard drive, for example the Desktop (And most importantly, the error tends to happen when it's not on the C: drive)

Common mistakes are:

- Not removing read only or only doing so from the Data folder (The not using launcher issue, if client related, comes from Interface and/or WTF)
- Not setting ALL launchers and WoW exes to run as admin, or doing right click and clicking run as admin on the launcher (which would only run the Freakz launcher, but not WoW, as admin, and only once)
- Having the client on a different hard drive or partition than C:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (Not sure why this causes the problem, as it doesn't do so on every PC, but it was the reason on my Windows 7 laptop for example)

Best regards
Sarah

same, tried all of those, nothing helped.

1 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 20-10-2019, 11:00:10 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

As I said, these are all possible solutions for anything that could be wrong with either your Windows or the launcher. If you are 100% certain that you did everything correctly and it still doesn't work, it HAS to be a conflict with a third party program interfering with the launcher in some way, however, we are unable to provide support for problems caused by things like that, you'll have to figure out what program is causing the problem and try to eother circumvent the issue or in worst case get rid of the program.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

Monstress7

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-11-2019 00:56)

Post Posted: 22-11-2019, 09:24:21 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello venicislav92,

- Delete the WTF folder

Common mistakes are:

- Having the client on a different hard drive or partition than C:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ (Not sure why this causes the problem, as it doesn't do so on every PC, but it was the reason on my Windows 7 laptop for example)

Best regards
Sarah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the same problem and I tried everything from redownloading and replacing the files to deleting WTF, restarting, cleaning the cache, deleting launcher64. When I try to copy and replace, it wont let me copy/replace the launcher.exe. I tried putting all permissions to admin and it still doesn't work. Also, very important, I can't uncheck Read only on any folder. When I do and apply the changes it just changes it back. I have no idea what's causing that.. Need help, I'm losing hope..
I spent hours waiting for the full download to finish and I don't know which files are which so I don't know how to only delete the launcher files.

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 22-11-2019, 14:43:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello Monstress7,

No, read only doesn't "change back", read this post if you don't understand how the property works:

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Clarifications-about-the-Read-Only-property-t565799.html

If you've followed all the above steps correctly (you should double check this just to be sure) and it's still not working, then something you have on your computer is interfering with our launcher and prevents it from properly working, however, I'm afraid that's not a case we're really able to assist with, we can't know what you have on your computer, nor would we be able to reliably determine whether or not something is causing an interference or not.

Best regards
Sarah

0 0

Monstress7

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-11-2019 00:56)

Post Posted: 23-11-2019, 02:56:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello Monstress7,

No, read only doesn't "change back", read this post if you don't understand how the property works:

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Clarifications-about-the-Read-Only-property-t565799.html

If you've followed all the above steps correctly (you should double check this just to be sure) and it's still not working, then something you have on your computer is interfering with our launcher and prevents it from properly working, however, I'm afraid that's not a case we're really able to assist with, we can't know what you have on your computer, nor would we be able to reliably determine whether or not something is causing an interference or not.

Best regards
Sarah

Thank you for the Read only tip. I'm not really savy with computers. Anyway, I wanted to delete the launcher so I can redownload it, but I can't delete it. It says that a file is running in the launcher but it's not open. And when I try to copy/replace the launcher it says that I don't have permission.. I just want to delete so I can start over. Can you help?

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 23-11-2019, 11:59:24 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

It sounds like the Windows account you're on does not have Admin privileges (which is absolutely mandatory, you can't play otherwise).

Alternatively it's possible that, if the Torrent client is still open, it's using the files and they're not usable or writable because of that. Exit the torrent client to make sure this isn't the case.

0 0

RavelKhain

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-12-2019 08:48)

Post Posted: 16-12-2019, 04:07:54 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

helo admin, or else.

i already can play, but 3-5 min after login. it turn to freeze and sleep my char then forcce to DC. info said my launcher old, need to download newest.

i already try download new laucher, but when finish download all, that file not found, i guess it because my internet provider block web when the new launcher put on.

anyone have another link for new laucher except the one web giving ?

thanks, i cant post at some posting cause already close case.

so thats why i try find where posting can be potsed -

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 24-04-2024, 05:16:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x