User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Druid][Resto][Balance] Feral Affinity/Guardian Affinity snapshoting exploit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message1745
zeakey

[Class Mod]

(since 18-08-2023 15:08)

Votes: 16

Post Posted: 04-05-2020, 23:29:18 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=197490&&name=feral-affinity
https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=197491&&name=guardian-affinity

Bug description: Biggest culprit would be Feral Affinity. So if you apply bleeds in feral form and then swtich back to your Intellect form that doesnt give you Agility boost. Bleeds will carry on doing same damage they were doing when you were in full burst cat mode.

A lot of druids exploit this in arena atm.

This is linked to previous report by @raven3

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Multiple-Bleeds-and-Poisons-are-snapshotting-t578485.html

I am just providing an example of how exploitable this is.

Freakz demo:

You see me apply bleeds in feral form, and when i switch back to my resto elf form. My bleeds carry on doing full damage.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=seco8icXvho:

Retail Proof:
See his bleed dmg in cat form and out of cat form 5:18
https://youtube.com/watch?v=taGWL-RZ_aI&t=318:

Last edited by zeakey on 10-05-2020, 04:03:09; edited 4 times in total
2 0

Iplayferal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-09-2022 09:04)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 05-05-2020, 02:14:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Are you talking about resto druids right? Because the title in the topic is "druid all". As feral you have the same stats in/out cat form, and tiger's fury should increase the bleeds damage for the entire duration.
0 0

zeakey

[Class Mod]

Post Posted: 05-05-2020, 02:16:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Iplayferal wrote:
Are you talking about resto druids right? Because the title in the topic is "druid all". As feral you have the same stats in/out cat form, and tiger's fury should increase the bleeds damage for the entire duration.

For feral it is Balance Affinity that is broken. Cuz Moonfire ticks at Intellect of an Owl King form even though you have shifted back to kitty form.

I described Feral Affinity as major one cuz it is most exploitable. Hardly anyone using Balance affinity

0 0

Iplayferal

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-09-2022 09:04)

Votes: 18

Post Posted: 05-05-2020, 02:18:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

zeakey wrote:
Iplayferal wrote:

For feral it is Balance Affinity that is broken. Cuz Moonfire ticks at Intellect of an Owl King form even though you have shifted back to kitty form.

I described Feral Affinity as major one cuz it is most exploitable. Hardly anyone using Balance affinity

Wrong.

The problem as you said is with snapshot, as soon as they fix that, this should be fixed as well. And this affects resto druids in arenas good catch.

Last edited by Iplayferal on 05-05-2020, 02:19:49; edited 2 times in total
0 0

zeakey

[Class Mod]

Post Posted: 05-05-2020, 02:24:02 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ye I was wrong about Ballance affinity. Seems like spell power is static on feral. I'll amend that. -
0 0

mirkocroatia

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-12-2020 15:13)

Post Posted: 08-05-2020, 19:01:20 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yep a lot of resto druids exploiting that in 7.2.5 too
0 0

Cheewy

[Bubblegum Master]

(since 11-08-2023 19:31)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 11-05-2020, 14:41:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks for taking your time for reporting this issue.

Leaving aside the current issue with some effects been able to be snapshot-able by some Bleed/Poison effects that should be capable off, as listed above by Zaeky, where more information could be found in the next link: Clicky!, this is a standalone issue with the behaviour of Feral/Guardian affinity, which allow for bleeds to be snapshotted by either Restoration/Balance druids, regardless if they shapeshift out of the respective forms.

Indeed this is an issue where if a Restoration/Balance druid affected by Feral/Guardian affinity will be able to snapshot said affinities benefits and then go back to their usual rotations while keeping the bleeds at maximun efficiency.

More info about the problem at: https://trello.com/c/gG7ha3LW/748-druid-feral-guardian-affinity-vs-restoration-balance-druids-and-bleeds

Confirmed

The reason why im leaving aside the issue with bleed/poison snapshotting is because thats a different subject, plus, eitherway you look at it feral bleeds are meant to snapshot from most effects that modify the % dmg output of the abilities, yes there are 2 issues there that im working on atm, but mostly the report about bleed/poisons is quite irrelevant in this field, since the behaviour of the abilities and spec is completely different. But again, we are not talking about feral here, rather Feral and Guardian affinities and their incorrect behaviour.

*Apologies for the tardiness in a reply for such an important matter.

Fertilized by solitude, watered by tears of the moon, the night blooming flower shines for eternity.
1 0

FreakzStaff

[Administrator]

(since 03-05-2021 16:06)

Post Posted: 30-09-2020, 14:00:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Issue is now fixed and moved to Fixed Bugs.

Trello Card Link : https://trello.com/c/gG7ha3LW/748-druid-feral-guardian-affinity-vs-restoration-balance-druids-and-snapshotting

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Cheewy, 11 May 2020 12:41

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 19-04-2024, 18:31:53
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x