User
Pass
2FA

[Meta] How to proceed with "individual" bug reports?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message155
Meanb0b

[Completionist]

(since 17-12-2022 19:32)

Votes: 31

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 24-04-2020, 07:24:39 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey chaps,

I wanted to ask a general question about your practice of bug reporting and your handling of those reports.

If there is a bug, I will report it in the hope of getting it fixed - not just for me, but for all others as well.
If there is a bug that is there because of a way I played the server before e.g. the 7.3.5 patch (which brought havoc to most quest or phasing related content), then I'll post this as well.

One of those issues is https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-Draenor-Frostfire-Ridge-The-Home-of-the-Frostwolves-t578482.html. I encountered a bug, which I know is most likely due to having finished the whole garisson quest stuff before the Dark Portal scenario was working. Nevertheless I'm a bit salty with just having this thread just closed with a screenshot that shows something different to mine. I KNOW that the quest works, it just doesn't for me (and at least one other player who confirmed my report) and is therefore evidently bugged.

Now, I know that Legion content has top prio and that Draenor content most likely has the least prio. But I'm a bit pissed with just closing threads that could lead to a more bug-free environment without the attempt to solve the issue. I don't have a problem with this thread lurking around for half a year, when the devs will maybe find a minute to care about older content. But rejecting and closing the report will NEVER bring a solution.

What would be the "official" way to solve such issues? Because I'm afraid that if I contact a GM ingame he will just tell me to post a report. If I post a report, it will get rejected because the quest works for other players - but that doesn't get my problem solved.

Again, I don't want to rant. I just want to know how the best practise in my case (and in the case of some/most of the more ambitious achievement farmers) would be.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend.

Honesty's an attribute of the truly brave - and thus a privilege to the very few.
- Regis Terzieff-Godefroy
2 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 05-05-2020, 20:09:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You need to specify that in the bug report, we'll try to re-script the chains in the future so they can be completed even by players that started them on the previous patches.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 05 May 2020 18:09

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-03-2024, 23:17:45
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x