User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Item] The Stars' Design - Fire Mage Hidden Appearance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message1378
Shilen

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-06-2023 16:25)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 10-04-2020, 18:21:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, so after this situation has been ignored after me bringing it up to numerous GMs and Helpers I'll have to post here to see if it will be looked into. Few days ago this specific item was obtainable by almost every class in the game, regardless it being Mage only item. Apparently someone thought they'd look into fixing that and fix the drop rates, which is fine by me, kudos, but the person must've done something wrong. I'll be backing this theory up in a bit.

Long story short, the item basically do not drop. Please read below for more information.

WoW Freakz item link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/item_finder.php?item=139559&&name=the-stars-design

Bug description: Item doesn't seem to drop.

Proof:

Here's list of things that I took in consideration.

For our experiment I went to Freakz's Database to confirm location/droprates. Here is what I found.
Spoiler:

We used the outlined in red mob. And below i'm applying the specific mob's loottable(or part of it), please keep an eye for the red outlines.

Spoiler:

Now here are some calculations that I had to do in order to backup my story. So part of the loottable has items that are with a 0.01% chance to drop, and this will show you the "attempts/kills/tries" you need to make in order to roughly obtain one of these.

Spoiler:

And this is the outcome of my farm which roughly took 6 hours, considering thats 360 minutes and the adds spawn in a pack of 20 every minute, thats roughly 10080 killed for this duration and non-stop farming.

Spoiler:

So i've managed to loot 8 of those 0.01% chance items that i'll show below what their usual probability will be for you to get.
Spoiler:

After i've spoken up about this a several GMs told me the database is correct and it should be working, well clearly something is wrong, the requirments to obtain this items are level 5 Artifact knowledge, which we all have completed by this point as now everyone is at 44 AK, so I'm not sure how my report/information does not add up as I was told by GMs, not to ignore the fact that 80% of the mobs that are supposed to drop this item are not even added on to the loot table, i'm applying retail drop tables for this item.
(Here's link to full list: https://www.wowhead.com/item=139559/the-stars-design#dropped-by:0-10-9+1 )
Spoiler:

On the list you'll notice Master Artificer Nyell, that's the 3rd one of the loot-table that's dropping at 0.9% in Freakz Database the item isn't even added to his loot table, as the item's missing from the other mobs also.

Hope someone will take their time to finally give me an original answer and not just automated reply to tickets: "Check Database", because clearly I've checked it more than some GMs.

Best Regards,
Denadyne

Last edited by Shilen on 10-04-2020, 18:23:03; edited 2 times in total
5 0

superbenas

[Mentally Stable]

(since 26-07-2020 09:14)

Post Posted: 22-04-2020, 10:13:15 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Came here to comment and upvote this for potential visibility,

Spent around 6 hours the other day farming Suramar mobs on my fire mage for this appearance, gotten 4-5 "Candrael's Charm" (The demon hunter hidden appearance quest item) which raised my suspicions that this is indeed a broken drop.

2 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 27-04-2020, 17:11:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hopefully staff member that tested this can give us some info on drop,because all these items were supposed to be tested if they actually drop in game regardless of their database info,for example i tested the ones for paladin and holy and prot indeed do drop in game.
0 0

Shilen

[Mentally Stable]

(since 29-06-2023 16:25)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 05-05-2020, 14:22:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Still absolutely no news sadly.

2 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(online 4 weeks ago)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 23-05-2020, 21:44:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Confirmed,since nobody from staff answered who tested this or if it was tested at all.

Last edited by Anabolic on 23-05-2020, 21:44:58; edited 2 times in total
0 0

FreakzStaff

[Administrator]

(since 03-05-2021 16:06)

Post Posted: 25-07-2020, 13:45:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Issue is now fixed and moved to Fixed Bugs.

Trello Card Link : https://trello.com/c/z3YVWu2r/928-magefire-the-stars-design-drop-chance

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Anabolic, 23 May 2020 19:45

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 18-04-2024, 08:01:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x