User
Pass
2FA

Problems launching Freakz wow.exe WIN 10 pro 64 bits

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message2321
mlist

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-12-2019 11:40)

Post Posted: 25-05-2019, 13:26:25 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, recently i'm facing an annoying problem which is the .exe takes tooooo long to run wow even tho my wow folder is in my SSD which is pretty fast usually it takes 1 sec to launch the game but recently when i click wow just sits in task manager without launching even when i click multiple times sometimes they launch all at same time after a while...tried deleteing cache folder but same, earlier i had a black window prompt saying my : "Freakz.exe can't determine my wow version contact us in forum " so here i am i was able to launch just now ofc i had multiple wows because i clicked many times. Anyone has an idea ? i never faced this kind of problem wow just takes a long time or won't launch on an SSD weird.
my config :
Win 10 pro 64bits version 1809 build 17763.503
SSD Western digital 256GB
intel core i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
Asus rog strix RTX 2070 oc
16 GB RAM 3000mhz

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Votes: 25

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 27-05-2019, 16:48:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello mlist,

Make sure that you remove the Read Only property from the entire WoW folder (not just Data). Also set all WoW executables and Freakz launchers to run with administrator privileges.

Please let us know if that helps.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

mlist

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-12-2019 11:40)

Post Posted: 30-05-2019, 15:33:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello, Thanks for reply Sarah i tried Read Only on whole wow folder (sub folders too) when i checked again read only was enabled again... but the problem seems to be gone now wow launches quickly as it used to be so i don't know what was the real problem. - - -
0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 30-05-2019, 15:45:44 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello again mlist,

"Read only" is a property that only applies to files inside folders, folders themselves can't be or not be read only, this is why you see a filled out box instead of either an empty box or a tick. This filled out box is a default state that only exists for folders, you can only put a tick or an empty box to folders to change all the files inside them, but the folder itself will show the filled box again after. If you check the files inside the folder you'll see that none of them are set to read only.

So that was in fact the problem.

Best regards
Sarah

All PMs must be written in English. Bug reports in PMs will be ignored - use the Bug Report section on the forum.
0 0

battalinbabasi

[Mentally Stable]

(since 23-01-2024 01:21)

Post Posted: 04-09-2020, 11:18:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
Hello again mlist,

"Read only" is a property that only applies to files inside folders, folders themselves can't be or not be read only, this is why you see a filled out box instead of either an empty box or a tick. This filled out box is a default state that only exists for folders, you can only put a tick or an empty box to folders to change all the files inside them, but the folder itself will show the filled box again after. If you check the files inside the folder you'll see that none of them are set to read only.

Best regards
Sarah

This is an old thread but Im having the exact same thing.

I Tried unchecking folder and subfolders and start Launcher in Admin mode but still no luck.

Please note that I run Windows 10 and I Downloaded the "Download while you play"

0 0

Sarah

[Administrator]

(online 3 weeks ago)

Post Posted: 04-09-2020, 15:02:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

battalinbabasi wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Hello again mlist,

Best regards
Sarah

I Tried unchecking folder and subfolders and start Launcher in Admin mode but still no luck.

Please note that I run Windows 10 and I Downloaded the "Download while you play"

First launch can take a while, especially when using just the launcher. Depending on your computer and internet speed it might very well be more than 30 minutes.

If you see it running in the Task Manger, be patient and wait, don't run multiple instances of the launcher at once.

0 0

eduardorp91

[Mentally Stable]

(since 27-09-2020 18:16)

Post Posted: 06-09-2020, 01:18:35 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Sarah wrote:
battalinbabasi wrote:
Sarah wrote:
Hello again mlist,

Best regards
Sarah

First launch can take a while, especially when using just the launcher. Depending on your computer and internet speed it might very well be more than 30 minutes.

If you see it running in the Task Manger, be patient and wait, don't run multiple instances of the launcher at once.

Hi all,

I'm having the same issues and even though I'm trying to be patient, when the game does start it doesn't respond Love Struck

Would you be able to help me please?

0 0

se7enspree
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 23-11-2020 14:23)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 06-09-2020, 11:45:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

eduardorp91 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having the same issues and even though I'm trying to be patient, when the game does start it doesn't respond Love Struck

Would you be able to help me please?

Tried these:
-Moving the freakz folder to your program files.
-Adding the freakz folder to antivirus exceptions.
-Updating DirectX.
-Installing https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) / https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit)
-Installing / Updating https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework
-Set the freakz launcher to run as admin.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 18-04-2024, 11:35:43
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x