User
Pass
2FA

Questions about 7.3.5 connection guide

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show only staff posts
Author Message820
Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-11-2020 03:06)

Post Posted: 09-11-2020, 17:54:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, I'm new here and is still finding the right avatar and icon. Hoping to play as soon as possible but have some questions regarding connection guide.

Method 1, which is torrent base, will no doubt get me a DMCA from my internet service provider.
Method 2, I don't have 7.2.5 so cant upgrade it to 7.3.5, that's out of the question.
Method 3, If I download the launcher (itself) or (play while its downloading in the background) will that get me a DMCA in the mail?

I really want to avoid death glares from my parents about this issue. Hops I didn't cross any lines; first time posting on forums.

-

0 0

hoodzgate

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-04-2022 19:02)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 09-11-2020, 21:33:39 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, I assume you are following the instructions linked here https://forum.wow-freakz.com/7.3.5-PUBLIC-TEST-REALM-Connection-Guide-t569841.html

I have not heard of anyone getting a DMCA for downloading the Client from that link however if it is something you are concerned about you can use a VPN when Downloading.

Cheerz,

Hoodz
0 0

Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 10-11-2020, 00:03:05 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I just want to play without the DMCA thing you know? (frustrated sigh) Legion was the best expansion I played and seeing how they are slowly bringing back TBC after vanilla, I just hope don't have to wait 7-10 years (or more) until legion retail is back.

VPN is out of the question, parents have a strict rule about that.

Anyone else can confirm, method 3 on downloading the launcher, doesn't receive DMCA warning and downloading in background while playing also doesn't get a warning.

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/7.3.5-PUBLIC-TEST-REALM-Connection-Guide-t569841.html

0 0

k0s

[Freakz Admin | Dev]

(since 24-09-2022 11:04)

Votes: 222

Post Posted: 10-11-2020, 10:17:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hello,
You can use the 3rd method. It's using FTP to stream download your files from our servers, like Steam or Epic are doing.

There are plenty of downsides tho, like slow loading times ingame, missing world objects / textures etc until your game can properly download those specific files.

Last edited by k0s on 10-11-2020, 10:20:23; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 10-11-2020, 17:22:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thank you for update on this topic.

I will try the 3rd method after my online classes and part time job for today. See you all soon if it goes well. (fingers crossed).

P.S, still finding the right avatar with the resolution and frame space matching the description mentioned in

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/regulament.html

0 0

Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-11-2020, 04:06:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Minor update on the situation.

Download successful and made a level 1 hunter to test the realm and how its going. If anyone see a undead hunter name dielex don't report it please, the game is being downloaded in the background and all I see are grass and chat with no faces. Also my computer fan is going nuts.

0 0

Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-11-2020, 04:02:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

All was going well on that day of the character creation, but on the next having troubles from
BLZ51914003
blz51914001
blz51900003
wow51900312
and tropical storm Eta passing by, messing with the internet.

Regardless of what the cause is I will find a way back on. ATM searching through forums about the connections issue listed above.

0 0

Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 12-11-2020, 17:26:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Quick update.

Back online once more in the game world. Things are still downloading in the background as usual and it turns out all that error messages I've been getting was due to the storm passing by.
Internet service provider disabled some protocols to prevent damages to their systems. This whole journey has been a learning experience for me.
-

0 0

Gingericetea

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 21-11-2020, 19:46:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, Just want to make a final post to this thread of my experiences so far with the third method on connection guide from

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/7.3.5-PUBLIC-TEST-REALM-Connection-Guide-t569841.html

As some of you may know its been at lease a week and couple of days into this and yes I'm still alive, thank you for asking.

The pros and cons: I start with the cons.

1) your computer fan will go absolutely NUTS. Not just any crazy, like an ex you just broke up with, but the ones who constantly works out and cant feel pain; that kind of nuts. If your computer didn't crash because of it. Congratulation its a fighter.

2) Expect TONS of (World of Warcraft isn't responding). Because core game data is being downloaded in the background, dont think you can have your cake and eat it too on the same day. Forcing the close button will cause a domino effect of others things from computer fan to desktop (windows) isn't responding.

3) If you managed to create a level one character, get ready to encounter these things (from my own experience, plus trial and error).
*Black screen but music is playing in background.
*NPC shadows and chat but you cant see anyone of them (other players can see you but you cant see them).
*Missing texture, world objects, grey spots and blue firewall things (like when you keep flying and hit the edge of the world, its there because no game data on that specific spot).
*At first you wont be able to see any of your characters in (character creation tab) nor the customization options included since key data is not found. But for some odd reason the randomizer button seems to work.
*If you do get into the game world on your first try, there's a 110% chance you'll be instantly kicked out (due to afk for to long) because game data took forever to load your intro scene or the dreadful (world of warcraft isn't responding) which will cause your computer fan to go workout, I mean nuts...

4) Your internet speed does play into action later on when the basic files are done and you can play wow without (world of warcraft isn't responding). Good speed equal good connection, slow speed equal... you know the rest.

5) The amount of data being downloaded in background is heavily affected by users of the same internet. If you have a full house of other family members doing there own thing on the same internet, than don't wish on anything to get done soon. (watching paint dry would be faster)

6) (this is by far the worst which I encountered) Your internet may disconnect 4-12 (or more) times and reconnect 1-3 seconds later back to back non stop. From what I understand this only happens (freakz wow launcher) is trying to reconnect to the server when it just restarted or done with a sudden crash and is trying to reload asap. Your (download in background will also try to reload asap) which causes you to disconnect 4-12 times like I mentioned above.

A way around this is to wait for the server to be 4-5 hours up, which gives people plenty of time to continue where they left off (in game world) and you on your own (downloading in background). without pushing each other out of the way just to reconnect and saying in world chat "FIRST".

If you continue to experience 4-12 (or more) disconnects and 1-3 seconds reconnect back to back, even though you waited for server to be up 4-5 hours. The third method from

https://forum.wow-freakz.com/7.3.5-PUBLIC-TEST-REALM-Connection-Guide-t569841.html , isn't for you (abort now).

Time for the Pros, HOORAY!

1) It does work, but you need TONS of patience and time on your hands.

2) You don't have to be in-game for game data to download. just clicking on (launcher_freakz) and bringing up the login screen is enough for things to get going. (But for some odd reason my addons folder in interface is completely empty. is that normal?)

3) What I personally like to do is bring up wow login screen and then minimize, so its runs in the background while you go do others things on your computer.

Thank you for coming to my Tedex talk about freaks wow, 3rd method, on (How to connect). Hope you find this helpful in some way.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 16-04-2024, 20:01:54
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x