User
Pass
2FA

[warrior] Heroic Leap is interrupted by CC's

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1140
Gibo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 28-01-2021 02:15)

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 15-03-2018, 03:46:27 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/ ?
Bug description & Proof: When I am stunned, feared or any kind of CC is used on me while I jump as far as I can, my Heroic Leap is interrupted.

I've tested this with some friends (one of them has a program to record this). In this case, my friend is using a CC a bit late (Paralysis) while I use the Heroic Leap. The result: My character lands in the middle of the road although I meant to jump more far.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FLl5tFJFdi4:

We've tried with another war, but the same thing doesn't happen to anyone else appearently.

And when I dismount and try to land, my character levitates:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ddq-s1c30EU:

.be

My character "lands" in the air, and then levitates until it touches the ground.

I know this is not normal because I'd played warrior in other private servers, also in the official and this does not happen.

Sometimes, while I am in BG and many players are hitting me at the same time, I use Heroic Leap and it's counted that I'd used one of the three charges but my character doesn't move to the target direction: Somebody uses a CC on me while I try to use this skill and my character "lands" on its current position -I mean, it doesn't even move to the direction I'd clicked on!

1 0

spocro

[Field Photographer]

(since 15-09-2022 16:27)

Votes: 11

Post Posted: 21-03-2018, 16:33:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

While falling from somewhere, if u use heroic leap, it should protect you from fall damage thats same on retail, but im not sure for levitating

Don't let the left know what the right is doing
0 0

Gibo

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 11-04-2018, 01:09:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey this topic has been here for quite a long time. I am sure this should not happen because I've played in many servers (Cata, Panda, Wod, Legion from the oldest to the newest patch) and this has never happened...
NOT even in the Official server!

If any GM wants me to provide more info, I can log in with another character to another server and ask a warrior to do this same test so that you know this is not normal.

Some warriors of this server say that this same thing happens to them. Others say that I am the bugged one.

Aaaand there's another bug with the warrior leap: You always have the "No path available" bug when there is actually a path, and can't jump upwards.

Also, excuse me but in retail levitate occurs neither when falling nor when using the skill normally.

0 0

Fatalhistory90

[Mentally Stable]

(since 14-03-2021 16:09)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 13-04-2018, 16:58:37 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I know that it should not be interrupt by CC too
0 0

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-09-2019 15:57)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 17-04-2018, 15:55:36 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I never saw Heroic Leap to be interrupted by cc while in air in any of retail legion pvp montages, I think it should behave like Demon Hunter's Leap, to be immune to cc for first 2 seconds?... if anyone who plays Warrior on retail can test this would be nice.

Choose Who You Want To Become
0 0

Gibo

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 17-04-2018, 23:28:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hey, now I have 7 days of game in retail for free so I can test this there if you want. As soon as I arrange with my friend everything to record I will show you this does not happen.
1 0

hangryforwar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-05-2019 14:19)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 20-04-2018, 14:56:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Gibo wrote:
Hey, now I have 7 days of game in retail for free so I can test this there if you want. As soon as I arrange with my friend everything to record I will show you this does not happen.

Greetings, i'm sorry to say that i couldn't find anything that could actually support your statement. Be careful, i'm not saying that your bug report is getting rejected or approved, but hopefully you will get a proper response by the end of the following week. Even less if you manage to get some sort of proof from retail.

[EN] 7.2.5 Fury Artifact Guide &FAQ

0 0

Gibo

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 21-04-2018, 03:29:52 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H5qztzbMiC4:

.be

Hello. I have just recorded in official wow retail the heroic leap in both ways (dismounting and landing with it, after receiving a cc) so that you can check how it should really work.

In minute 4:22 the tests start properly. My friend recorded the part in which he started logging in so that you see all the advertisements of Battle for Azeroth and things that appear around if you are on the retail.

During the first test, my friend can't cast "paralyse" because the warrior on the retail server lands almost instantly (you can hear the noise of the spell, too).
In minute 6:40 I am testing landing with the hero leap. You can see that warriors that use hero leap should not levitate and must land to the target direction quickly.

-o-

I have uploaded another video in which I test this with another warrior so that you see what happens if the warrior RECEIVES the CC while using hero leap: https://youtube.com/watch?v=EgKHSwO6yXg:

In minute 5:00 he received the paralyse after he landed; what happens in WoW freakz is that the whole trayectory towards the direction targeted is interrupted because warriors on this server land too slowly.

In summary, warriors that use Heroic Leap must jump quicker and not levitate when landing in order for this bug to be fixed (that's the bug; CC's shouldn't prevent warriors from landing on the target direction). Also, the "No path available" happens in wow freakz all the time in spots warriors are supposed to be able to reach (such as spots like parts of mountains that are above us).
If the previous info was enough, I can later on prove this thing of the No path available problem.

Compare the video I'd shared of WoW Freakz with the ones I have here of the retail!

0 0

hangryforwar

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-05-2019 14:19)

Votes: 19

Post Posted: 21-04-2018, 22:23:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi, About the " No path available ", that problem is already reported : https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Warrior-All-Specs-Heroic-Leap-t472709.html (nothing that we can do about it, devs have to check it out) also your second video is not functional at all, you might wana fix that.
Now, according to you, you're saying that the leap is too slow and it should be faster in order to evoid the cc in mid air ?
Gibo wrote:
In summary, warriors that use Heroic Leap must jump quicker and not levitate when landing in order for this bug to be fixed (that's the bug; CC's shouldn't prevent warriors from landing on the target direction).

[EN] 7.2.5 Fury Artifact Guide &FAQ

0 0

Gibo

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 22-04-2018, 01:28:26 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yep. In summary, Hero leap must be faster; the hero leap charges are being counted without having landed on the direction clicked on because of this. We are cced when we shouldn't. Both problems occur because warriors leap too slowly.

Aand well, it's not normal that warriors land "levitating".

Anything you need (ooor if I can help you testing any other thing in wow retail to verify problems), just let me know! I still have some more time in the official server.

0 0

[Mentally Stable]

(since 03-09-2019 15:57)

Votes: 26

Post Posted: 22-04-2018, 20:37:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

From what you filmed I can say that HL jump animation seems much higher and surely much faster, but im not sure if this will actually fix cc problem.
Nice job anyway.

Choose Who You Want To Become
0 0

Gibo

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-04-2018, 02:18:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Well I am still here so... if there are any news, I will be checking this topic often
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by hangryforwar, 01 May 2018 11:51

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 29-03-2024, 00:54:45
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x