User
Pass
2FA

How to temporarily fix connectivity issues for non-Romanian Players
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message16018
Orga

[Ataraxia]

(since 30-10-2023 02:42)

Votes: 872

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 01:16:35 [Valuable post] | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

The "External issue" :

Hello , today i would like to share with you my knowledge about dealing with the external issue due to its frequency nowadays , if you dont know what is external it is an issue that happens from time to time to freakz's teamspeak server and the wow server , either completly blocking your connection to the servers or causing extremly annoying lags and timeouts .

Answers to a few basic questions :

Q: Who is affected by this phenomenom?
A: The majority of the international community ( that means everyone outside of Romania , maybe apart of a few bulgarian or moldovean players with specific internet providers ) .

Q: Why does it happen?
A: It is from Freakz's internet provider , something they cannot fix by themselves so it can last for awhile sometimes.

Q: How long?
A: It depends how fast the ISP fixes it , never more than a day , usually 1 hour - 4 hours max , less for teamspeak.

Q: Is there any specific way to deal with this?
A: Yes that is why i am making this guide , i will explain further into the guide.

Q: Why would i care about this?
A: If you are impatient or have important things to do , like events , leading raids for your guild ( i was leading a guild with mostly romanian people , and this helped tons ) and so on..

How to deal with this issue :

Currently only 2 ways are known :

1. Move to Romania ( that was obviously a joke , but still a solution - ) .
2. Second and more efficient , which i do all the time my self , get a VPN software and change your location to virtually be Romania.

What is a VPN , and where can i get one ?

Q: What is a VPN ?

A: A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, allows you to create a secure connection to another network over the Internet. When you connect your computer (or another device, such as a smartphone or tablet) to a VPN, the computer acts as if it’s on the same local network as the VPN. All your network traffic is sent over a secure connection to the VPN.
Because your computer behaves as if it’s on the network, this allows you to securely access local network resources even when you’re on the other side of the world. You’ll also be able to use the Internet as if you were present at the VPN’s location, which has some benefits if you’re using pubic Wi-Fi or want to access geo-blocked websites , and finaly to by-pass the external issue.

When you browse the web while connected to a VPN, your computer contacts the website through the encrypted VPN connection. The VPN forwards the request for you and forwards the response from the website back through the secure connection. If you’re using a Romanian-based VPN to access Freakz, Freakz will see your connection as coming from within Romania.

Q: Where can i get one ?

A: All over the internet really , i would really suggest CyberGhost , click the url to download it , it is a very easy program to use and relatively cheap if you wanna get the license ( obviously better with license and you support the developers) but you can use it without a license anyways , also like i already said you can use it for other purposes such as watching netflix and so on.

Q: How to use CyberGhost
A: After installing it ( and accepting terms , access to your network settings and whatever ) you should see a window like this :

How to use the program for Freakz :

1. At the bottom left you can see "Simulated Country" , click on that and set it to Romania.
2. Click on the "Power" button , which is located at the middle of the program's screen.
3. Wait for the queue if you do not have a license.
4. Congratulations , you should be connected and surfing as a Romanian person now , you can mess with the other settings if you wish but i do not suggest you to do so , dont forget you can use this for netflix and other goodies.

Thanks for reading and i hope you found this little guide helpful . If you have any questions or problems feel free to post them here and i will reply asap , i will also make it better overtime and maybe make a video of me using the program if you guys cannot get it to work thanks again.

Last edited by Orga on 13-01-2016, 19:21:52; edited 4 times in total
12 0

quladin

[Zgârgobârgu]

(since 29-08-2020 23:30)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 02:23:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

if this works for me,i give you all my rep,and some cookies
2 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/ItsOrga/ 
Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 02:37:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

quladin wrote:
if this works for me,i give you all my rep,and some cookies

Haha sure , if you have any issue or question about the program , just let me know and i will assist you.

1 0

MeizNab

[Mentally Stable]

(since 02-12-2019 02:29)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 03:17:46 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Good guide mate,solution number one is the best=move to Romania.
1 0

Ventress90

[Assasin]

(since 09-10-2017 00:02)

Votes: 105

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 04:12:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amazing guide! PLEASE, direct players here whenever they have issues connecting to our server.

| The COMPLETE Rogue PvE guide | Legendary Cloak Questline - GUIDE |

1 0

OpTIXy

[Predator]

(since 05-04-2020 10:57)

Votes: 377

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 11:10:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Orga what ping and latency (real?) you have using the VPN?

I want to ensure you that every ban is always followed by a proper reason. If you wake up in a situation where your account is banned, feel free to make a proper post under Unban Request.
Do not forget to bring the necessary evidence to appeal GMs decision.
1 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 12:40:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

OpTIXy wrote:
Orga what ping and latency (real?) you have using the VPN?

With no VPN and no external : i usually play with 130-150 ms ,
With VPN on : i get around 150-170 ms , sometimes less but i think theres no real big difference maybe you will only notice it if you live very far away ( maybe Canada or States ) but i cant confirm.

Also please keep in mind , this will help you out when you are experiencing critical lags ( only the international community ) by critical lags that means when a fight starts you are completly frozen and everything happens in "slowmotion" , when areas do not load at all , when you cannot connect to teamspeak / wow server at all ( again only when its for international players , if its down for everyone , its down ) .

Using this program wont actually reduce your latency , if you live in Canada for example , and you play with 200ms using this VPN while the server is stable wont actually benefit you , it might just make your latency abit worse , 220~~250 or whatsoever , just wanted to make it clear for you guys.

1 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 15:16:32 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

If you tested the program , or i already assisted you with it and you got positive results please let others know about it by posting here , your feedback is really appreciated.

0 0

Sashas

[Immortality Seeker]

(since 04-01-2016 13:34)

Votes: 2

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 15:31:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Damn, nice guide Ill admit.

Keep it up.

Brewmaster Monk 5.4.8 English PvE guide

0 0

Sumoo

[Mentally Stable]

(since 01-04-2019 08:48)

Votes: 25

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 15:37:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Amazing. Works very well ! Forum gladiator Orga

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 15:42:23 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Thanks Sumoo , im "glad" it worked for you .

@Sashas lol i didnt really expect to see you on the forums like its been ages , especially in this kind of sections , but hey its good to see you and thank you - .

0 0

Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Post Posted: 04-01-2016, 17:30:04 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hell of a job, Orga! Thanks for sharing!

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

Post Posted: 05-01-2016, 20:03:19 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ashcool wrote:
Hell of a job, Orga! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Ash , my pleasure -

0 0

quladin

[Zgârgobârgu]

(since 29-08-2020 23:30)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 06-01-2016, 16:12:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Spoiler:
NO VPN
Spoiler:
VPN on ip location to Romania,tho during the lately lag spikes for romanian players too the VPN does not make much difference(when the server is lagging for everybody)

Last edited by quladin on 06-01-2016, 16:31:09; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Orga

[Ataraxia]

Post Posted: 06-01-2016, 16:19:09 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Glad it worked for you man and thanks for the reputation , yeah during the last couple days the server was experiencing general connectivity issues not external only , the VPN wont help you out in that case ( mentioned it in the guide ) but i guess you already know about that.

0 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next    

The time now is 26-04-2024, 22:50:27
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x