User
Pass
2FA

Legion installation guide for MAC/Linux

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Show all posts
Author Message45599
Ashcool

[Licensed to kill]

(since 19-05-2019 19:46)

Votes: 223

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET} 
Post Posted: 29-03-2017, 11:01:56 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Howdy, Dear Linux & Mac users!
In the below guide you will find few variations of how to run Legion on your Linux / Mac PC without problems. If you know a method that isn't yet explained in the guide please share it with me either by replying to this topic or sending it to me as a PM so I can add it.

===> Useful links: <===
  • WoW Freakz Full Legion Client download
  • Latest Freakz Launcher version can be found in this topic.
  • uTorrent
  • wine emulator - linux:
    Spoiler:

• wine emulator - MAC:
    Spoiler:

===> How to install Legion on Linux: <===
Currently there are two ways installing Legion on Linux: Downloading our Full Legion Client as a torrent OR installing it from Blizzard's application.
I will explain both, however I strongly recommend that you use our game client, especially now that Blizzard will update to patch 7.2, while we are going to stick to 7.1.5

Downloading Full Legion Client as a torrent
1. Download and install uTorrent.
2. Download WoW Freakz Full Legion Client download
3. Wait for the download to finish. Once done please download WoW Freakz Launcher, extract it and replace the content into your original WoW folder.
4. Once you've installed wine and done all of the above you can use:
Code:
wine freakz_launcher.exe

to run the game.
Enjoy!

Installing Legion Client with Blizzard's application
1. Download WoW Installer.
2. Optional but recommended Install the latest Wine development release:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-devel winehq-devel

3. Right click the downloaded installer, right click it and select Open With > Wine Windows Program Loader
Spoiler:

Then install Battle.net:
Spoiler:

4. And finally, launch Battle.net from the menu / Dash (the icon should also be on your desktop unless you've deselected that option) and install World of Warcraft:
!!! ATTENTION !!!
WoW Freakz Legion realm version = 263650
Blizzard retail version = 47213

Are versions compatible? NO, versions are NOT COMPATIBLE
Above you can see what version is running on wow freakz Legion realm and what version is on retail/blizzard. If the "Are versions compatible?" part says NOT COMPATIBLE then DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CLIENT, you will not be able to play.
If it says COMPATIBLE then you can safely update your client, even if versions differ, you will be able to play on WoW Freakz

===> How to install Legion on MAC <===
As a MAC user you have few options. Similar to Linux you can use wine and either download the full game client from our torrent or from Blizzard (please read how-to-install wine for MAC at the very top of the guide and then follow Linux installation if you want to choose this method).

However as a MAC user you can choose to play WoW via Parallels. - You can find detailed Parallels guide by Groaning here

If you find this guide useful and I actually managed to help please feel free to rep me or simply drop a post like. I really appreciate it!

GOT PROBLEMS ?
If you're experiencing problems with the MAC launcher, you can try reading some topics where other users complained about not being able to run it and eventually solved it: this / this

Ashcool - TEMPORARY UNAVAILABLE - Please contact Denim.

1 0

Power

[Controlled Chaos]

(since 03-09-2023 13:06)

Votes: 200

Post Posted: 07-04-2020, 21:45:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

This guide is outdated.

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Power, 07 April 2020 19:45

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 28-04-2024, 21:46:31
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x