User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [PvE] [RAID] The Nighthold: Grand Magistrix Elisande - mythic wrong timers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1571
Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 03-07-2018, 16:05:28 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/npc_finder.php?npc=10664302&&name=elisande-mythic

Bug description: I reported this already before we did our firstkill on her. Basically her 2nd beam overlaps with the 4th rings in phase 2.
This leads to and almost unavoidable mechanic, which probably can only survived with immunities, but will happen again in phase 3.
In short, currently if you go into phase 2 with 4 set of rings no matter what you do it ends in a wipe.
Even if you survive with 1/2 raid alive the dmg and missing people won't let you kill her form this point on.

Anyway, this bug does not happen on retail and therefore they have no hard dps cap to kill her.
I killed her already often enough but still i report this bug now because i want the majority of progressing guilds to be able to clear the content before it is getting completely nerfed.
It already happened that syndicate became inactive, because they simply can't progress further and in general it is not good if more guilds stop raiding because of this..

The bug is in general quite tiny and has a huge impact on the encounter and future of all guilds progressing her.
In my oppinion it should be top priority to get Elisande into a doable state, which is no longer frustrating.

Proof:
Situation of Freakz:
First of all a picture of this overlap:

You can see in my bars, that beams have around 2 sec left to finish where the ring is already approaching us.
This means the raid is spread and at the same time has to go "stacked" through the gap to dodge rings = impossible to accomplish without dead people.

How did we kill Elisande so often is the question now?
Basically we adjusted our dps to skip the 4th rings and therefore created an insane high dps cap to kill her.
In the following spoiler you can see the dps from our serverfirst kill with 2 tank 4 healer and 14 dps:
Spoiler:

Comparison to retail:
World first kill of Elisande:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=wSbHnrrixgk&t=283:

If you watch from 4:45 on you can see that there is about 1-2 sec between beam and rings.
Timers for phase 2 I measured in the video:
2:54 p2 start (targetable)
3:44 beam 1 (+50)
4:34 beam 2 (+50)
5:39 beam 3 (+65)

But there is more, I put a lot of effort into debugging her and finding the issue with this overlap.
Therefore I recorded some stuff on the dev realm and compared this to the retail video.
Actually it was quite hard to find the perfect point to synchronize the videos, because all timers on freakz are actually wrong.

First approach, the perfect sync when Elisande becomes targetable in phase 2:

You can see that all timers on freakz are somehow delayed compared to retail. But in common it's like +2sec for everything, if we assume all is delayed by the same amount it doesn't change the script.
Although in the stopwatch you can see that the first beam is about 7.5s too late and freakz timers therefore are (57.5, 50) instead of (50, 50)

Second approach, synchronize on the first add spawn:

Now most timers look quite ok, the adds spawn right, the orbs fall right, but then you see the rings are not right. Freakz rings are 2 seconds too early compared to retail.

Last approach, synchronize on the first rings:

Now all rings align and we can see that the first beams are actually 5 seconds too late on freakz, which leads to the 2nd beams also being too late and overlapping with the rings.

Conclusion: The biggest impact on the overlap is currently the first beam timer. If you set it 5 sec earlier (with freakz delay of all timers 52.5, 50), then we get no overlap and can kill her also with 4 rings .
If you now also fix the rings, the boss gives us 2 more seconds to kill the blue add, which maybe is a tiny nerf for groups that struggle to kill it on time.

Sry that this turned out quite huge, but that also resembles the huge impact this bug currently has on all guilds.
It is simply frustrating and there is no reason to progress her without the insane dps requirement she has on freakz.

8 0

CocoDev

[Very Important Person]

(since 23-02-2020 16:52)

Votes: 71

Post Posted: 16-08-2018, 18:18:42 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Fixed
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by CocoDev, 16 August 2018 16:18

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 28-04-2024, 13:55:05
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x