User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [PvE] PvE bosses animation (flickering when hit)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message4112
Zgary

[EPURY]

(since 08-10-2021 10:07)

Votes: 28

zgary40 
Post Posted: 12-05-2016, 12:25:51 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I'm gonna talk about this https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Multiple-PvE-bosses-animations-t394320.html topic in particular. I want this topic to be opened if it is possible.

So the main FPS drop on 25 man raids is this Boss Animation flickering like hell when you hit the boss, basically sending useless information to your graphic card -> resulting in massive FPS drop

I'm talking to everybody here who got any ideas how to fix this or to give any ideas @Rageless (or idk who is supposed to get these things fixed). One possible fix would be getting an additional invisibile NPC or additional hitbox linking with the boss / sharing the same HP. This might also cause some problems regarding certain abilities like taunt to not work properly. Basically, creating an additional invisibile npc which just follows the boss and shares HP might work i don't know shit about scripting or any other stuff like that.

The best negative example i can give is at Twin Consorts on Heroic when the adds come and everybody starts AoE-ing them down. Every single add and boss starts flickering and *** up your graphic card.

Fixing this should be mandatory even though i know there is NO PRIVATE SERVER with this thing working, and would be a great fix for all PvE 25-man encounters

What i wrote above might sound stupid i know, but it's the only thing i can think of atm

Note: There are some ways to improve your fps on 25 man raids but i'm not gonna talk about these unless i get the credit for doing so @krematorium / krem

League of Legends Player
3 0

Zohlomg

[DEFIANCE]

(online 2 weeks ago)

Votes: 770

Post Posted: 12-05-2016, 15:12:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

We've talked about this before (kos keeps reminding Shocker about this) and he said he will try to look into it to see what he can do.

He's aware of the situation, but I guess this is a good reminder for him! - (He's away for now though)

1 0

KremX

[Very Important Person]

(since 18-05-2020 21:15)

Votes: 42

Post Posted: 12-05-2016, 15:18:13 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I agree, this flickering is insane. For example one of our resto druids used Nature's Vigil during Durumus maze phase to say that the boss looked like he was having an epi-attack would be an understatement.

As for the FPS increase on 25 man raids its actually really simple.
What you wanna do is get the WoD models here and use the 64bit version of the game if you can, 32bit will also give you a boost but 64bit one is better.
Now the important thing to not here is that you wont see that much of a "boost" , lets say you will get ~10fps in Shrine but in raids its much more stable, your fps wont drop to like 2fps etc. it will stay stable @ around 20-30fps for people that have slightly weaker PCs. You can also experiment a bit with your graphic settings and find a sweet spot where you will have the most FPS but still keep some good quality graphics.

0 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 12-05-2016, 16:47:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Although this has been said before, I'm not really sure that's the actual issue of FPS drop, but the number of data sent from all players to all players. Example:
- 1 player casts a spell, all 25 players get that information
- 25 players cast a spell, 25*25 = 625 players get that information
In 25-man raids, most players do ~10 actions per second (movement, rotation, targeting, casting spells, buffs, etc), which mean ~6000 actions per second sent from all players to all players. Currently I'm not really sure how can this be optimized

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
0 0

Netherx

[Mentally Stable]

(since 17-07-2018 08:46)

Votes: 89

Post Posted: 12-05-2016, 17:06:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Can't the taking damage animation simply be removed entirely?Not just for instances,but in general.For example Lei Shen doesn't have such an animation,and there are no issues on him.
0 0

Ashbringing

[Mentally Stable]

(since 24-02-2018 14:58)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 20-05-2016, 16:22:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

@Netherx I don't agree with that , first it takes away ALOT of the ''killing a raid boss'' feeling when it appears he ain't even attacking . Second , let's be honest know , we all know what happens when Resto Shammys pop ascendance R.I.P even best pc's on the market , because that thing is gonna destroy them framez dude ... it's not all about a simple hand attack , it's some extremly flashy spells or that have a big effect ( ex. again Ascendance ) and the fact that the game itself isn't very optimized blizzlike , and you can't really compare freakz to blizz i mean it's Shocker and a couple other guys vs a Billion dollar company . I don't think taking away the attack animation and a couple other animations will do anything relevant , since those kinds of spells are the issue

The enemy will falter at the sight of you. They will fall as the light of righteousness envelops them!
0 0

Burebysta

[Retired Veteran]

(since 27-08-2022 20:01)

Votes: 245

Post Posted: 20-05-2016, 18:00:58 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Throw away the sticks and stones PCs and buy ones appropriate to the current times You don't need a beast. Even a donkey would suffice.
jk

1 0

Shocker

[Freakz owner]

(since 08-02-2020 12:17)

Votes: 829

Post Posted: 21-11-2016, 15:14:55 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I finally found a way to remove the damage animation. Currently I have removed it for bosses, can you please tell me if after next restart the FPS improves?

FREAKZ COMMUNITY @ Facebook
WOW FREAKZ @ Facebook
1 0

saturnfever

[Papa Bless]

(since 21-12-2020 21:31)

Votes: 171

Post Posted: 23-05-2017, 22:34:48 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since no one provided feedback, and I haven't seen issues in-game with this since then, I will assume this is fixed.

1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by saturnfever, 23 May 2017 20:35

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 02-05-2024, 03:58:07
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x