User
Pass
2FA

CAS Error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash
Author Message821
Schroox

[Mentally Stable]

(since 07-06-2020 18:21)

Post Posted: 22-05-2020, 13:43:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I've recently downloaded the minimal client and encountered this error, specifically on Freakz only.

https://imgur.com/a/W9xRkwK

I've tried relocating the game on a different drive, and did the 'Read Only' thing multiple times, with no positive results. I also have contacted a Game Master in hope of finding a new way to resolve this problem, but with no success. I don't know if this is already a known issue, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the executable file, since another private server (which will not be named) worked perfectly fine with the same client.

EDIT: I changed the Freakz executable file with the executable file of the other private server, and it worked with only changing the .exe, no data folders or anything else.

Last edited by Schroox on 22-05-2020, 13:45:40; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Infinnity

[Small Smurf]

(since 16-04-2022 18:48)

Votes: 21

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/profile/achievements 
Post Posted: 22-05-2020, 22:10:17 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi Schroox,

So it works?

Best regads,
Infinity19o

0 0

Schroox

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 23-05-2020, 14:43:06 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I might've not made it clear enough. What I meant, is that the problem apparently was the freakz executable file, since it worked fine on another private server with the same client I used. I only got the error when trying to start the launcher. It does not work.

0 0

Infinnity

[Small Smurf]

Battletag: postrow.ID_BATTLE_NET}  https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/profile/achievements 
Post Posted: 23-05-2020, 17:18:08 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi Schroox,

No you haven't made it clear -

You can't use the launcher on a another private server.

Best regards,
Infinity19o

0 0

akilcronus

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-05-2020 21:43)

Post Posted: 25-05-2020, 12:32:12 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Infinnity

well I have the same problem I downloaded the full server launcher and I get the same error
any solution

0 0

akilcronus

[Mentally Stable]

(since 25-05-2020 21:43)

Post Posted: 25-05-2020, 15:04:34 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I already found possible solutions to this error: CAS error
1: first don't copy the wow legion game to the disk your windomws operating system is on
2: copy the game wow legion in the partition (D) EYE do not copy the game where your operating system is ...
3: You can search this option in videos with this name: The CAS system was unable to initialize https://imgur.com/a/W9xRkwK
NOTE: these errors happen when there are conflicts of permissions and security of your operating system and compilation of information from windows.
is but help with these solutions and contribute to the community

0 0

Infinnity

[Small Smurf]

Post Posted: 26-05-2020, 01:35:43 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi yall,

For the CAS you have solutions here: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/WoW-Legion-client-download-t452441.html

Best regards,
Infinity19o

0 0

Schroox

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-05-2020, 15:09:22 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I did everything in that thread, I tried to remove 'Read-Only' with cmd ran with administrator rights. I investigated the folder's permissions and changed those settings as well.

I only have these starting problems when using the freakz .exe files. Whether it be the normal .exe file or the launcher. I have f******'s .exe file in the same folder, and that starts without problems. I have no further clue on what to do in order to fix this issue.

Now, I don't know shit about coding and all that, but it seems to me that there's an issue in the freakz launcher, since using other launchers worked with the same data folder.

EDIT: I currently have a friend download the full client to see if there's a file which is included in the full client, which is not included in the minimal one. This might be the solution, but it's too early to tell yet. Will update on whether it worked or not.

Last edited by Schroox on 28-05-2020, 15:11:32; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Infinnity

[Small Smurf]

Post Posted: 28-05-2020, 19:08:14 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Hi Schroox,

Keep me posted.

Best regards,
Infinity19o

0 0

Schroox

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-05-2020, 19:28:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I did some investigation and asked somebody with the full client for the required files. Seems like the freakz launcher requires files which, for some weird reason I don't know, cannot stream. I got the file which caused the crashes and got a new error. I'm pretty sure you need the full client, otherwise you can't play. Might be just me or some weird permission ***. Will download all the minor files from the full client, such as files from wow\\Data\\config and wow\\Data\\indices. As well as the data.048 file. Will edit this comment once I acquired those files.

EDIT: I got the full client and got the same CAS Error.

Every other Legion 7.3.5 server imaginable worked for me without any flaw, even Freakz worked in 7.1.5. I'm still on the same machine as I were when I was playing in 7.1.5, that's the most confusing part, as it used to work for me.

So far I tried:

1. Removing 'Read Only', normally as well as with the command prompt.
2. Add the missing files to the game, which results in a different error. (Error: https://imgur.com/a/7vtUgfZ)
3. Deleted the Cache folder.
4. Checked the permission settings multiple times.
5. Restarted my PC countless times.
6. Use both the 32 bit as well as the 64 bit Launcher.
7. Replaced potentially corrupted files with working ones.
8. Tried moving the game to a different drive.

Needless to say I spent many hours trying to figure out how to solve this, but in the end just couldn't find a way.

Last edited by Schroox on 30-05-2020, 13:10:54; edited 3 times in total
1 0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> Trash  

The time now is 26-04-2024, 14:28:28
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x