User
Pass
2FA

[DUPLICATE] [Azsuna] Save Yourself ( do not Reject before reading )

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message242
O9APZZJ1ESDE

[Mentally Stable]

(since 15-05-2020 12:02)

Post Posted: 24-04-2020, 16:22:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/quest_helper.php?quest=37530&name=save-yourself
Bug description: Not working as intended at all, currently a contrived, convoluted mess of exiting/entering the vehicle half a dozen times.
Proof: https://forum.wow-freakz.com/Azsuna-Save-Yourself-doable-but-not-working-properly-t579352.html

I am just wondering why bug reports for it such as this one ( https://forum.wow-freakz.com/REJECTED-Azsuna-Save-Yourself-t578911.html ) end up Rejected just over the fact there is a workaround. Yes, a valid workaround exists. That does not invalidate the bug report.

Either make it an autocomplete or fix the bug. Rejecting bugs just because there is a workaround is sending the wrong message. Not to mention the fact that the workaround is, again, convoluted, contrived and messy. It is very easy to still mess it up even when executing that workaround. The quest is simply that fragile. And messing it up even with the workaround requires abandoning it, clearing the cache and possibly even rezoning just to flush the character state correctly.

Particularly as someone else also being on the quest at the same time will confuse the state of progress even further. To name but one consequence of this -- Retaking the "vehicle" will start failing the moment someone else is also doing it. Cannot reproduce reliably but it is happening to my character as we speak. The Farondis vehicle simply fails because someone else is on a step close to the one I am one. Making the workaround even more unworkable.

This is not a workable workaround. Please do consider an autocomplete for the time being. It was autocomplete for 7.2.5 as well.

Last edited by O9APZZJ1ESDE on 24-04-2020, 16:35:46; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Lerona

[Bepis]

(since 06-07-2022 22:27)

Votes: 32

Post Posted: 24-04-2020, 17:24:49 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Since here is a legitimate report for the quest, it doesn't mean the workaround is gonna stay like that. That is just a temporary suggested solution untill the quest gets looked into. So please be patient about it.
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Lerona, 24 April 2020 15:25

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 10-05-2024, 03:34:30
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x