User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Mage] [Frost] Black Icicle - Glacial Spike not working properly!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1501
pinka

[Mentally Stable]

(since 09-04-2019 19:03)

Votes: 6

Post Posted: 17-09-2017, 10:45:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=195615&&name=black-ice
Bug description: The proc from Black ice talent > Black icicles should do 100% of the normal icicle damage, which works correctly, but does not improve Glacial spike damage, which it should!
Basicly this talent has a chance to improve your icicles and do 100% more damage.
How it works: When you're icicles launch you will see that some of them become dark, same as ebonbolt and deal double damage, so this works as intented.
However, when playing glacial spike spec you can not dump the icicles as they are beeing stored for the glacial spike
Glacial spike is a merging of all your stored icicles, therefore it SHOULD benefit from the black ice talent.

Proof: Easy to test, just laeve only your weapon on, start doing frostbolts, at 5 icicles do glacial spike
i'm at 23% mastery with 66485 damage on frostbolt therefore each icicle should do about 15000 damage
glacial spike should do: tooltip base damage which is 225k + all the damage stored in the icicles which means 15k x 5, that's 75k, damage works correctly.
Therefore:
1) if u spam frostbolts until 5 icicles and do normal hits (66.5k per frostbolt at 23% mastery) glacial spike would do around 304k
2) same thing with 1 crit on frostbolt should do 320k
3) same thing with 2 crits on frostbolt should do 340k and so on. depends on crits

I think the problem is that glacial spike does not take in consideration the black ice talent, solutions could be 2
1) when you start casting glacial spike it should verify if some of the icicles received the buff from black icicle and store double damage
2) as soon as icicle is created IF it received double damage from black icicle, store the double damage instead.

more proof: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/glacialspike?spec=MageFrost&&version=7_1_5_23420

Quote:
Each Icicle has a chance for a Black Ice proc as well.
General
Value
= DequeueSavedValue(Icicles)
if RandomFloat < 0.2 and ArtifactTraitRank(BlackIce) > 0
= Value * 2
if HasTalent(SplittingIce)
= Value * 1.05
= Value + DequeueSavedValue(GlacialSpikeIcicles)

edit: after further testing i realize that some black icicles launch away right after you cast glacial spike, but never improves the damage of the glacial spike itself
conslusion: NOT WORKING as intented. Please fix.

This is important becuase we are not receiving a chance to get increased damage on the most important spell in this build, thank you

edit2: even more proof: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theory/mechanic/spell/icicles?spec=MageFrost&&version=7_1_5_23420 - mastery: icicles

Last edited by pinka on 17-09-2017, 12:59:28; edited 1 time in total
0 0

Pinocchio Evreiesc
[Banned user]

Banned

(since 19-02-2019 13:32)

Votes: 39

Post Posted: 17-09-2017, 12:33:40 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I can confirm that Black Icicles should count for glacial spike's damage. As some retail mage explained here, the dice roll for black icicle is done when the icicle is created (even though we get no visual of it), not when the icicles launch. Other mages also stated in various other threads that they experienced large increases in glacial spike damage as soon as they unlocked Black Ice trait.

I havent done in-depth testing on freakz yet, the only way to truly test this is with GM powers, to test glacial spike damage without Black ice trait and then to test it with the trait unlocked.

0 0

Garn

[FFL]

(since 04-05-2019 19:42)

Votes: 74

Post Posted: 17-09-2017, 14:39:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ok, my combat log shows Icicles damage 4772. Taking the rare scenario where you don't store any Black Icicles.

The minimum damage for Glacial Spike is :

106,240 + 5x4772= 106,240 + 23860 = 130100

Now the only way to test if Black Icicles increase Glacial Spike is to cast 5 non critical Frostbolts this way you make sure you have a chance to roll for the minimum damage above.

IF you had 5 non-crit Frostbolts and the damage is above 130100 then it means Black Icicles increase damage of Glacial Spikes.
--------------

After testing a few times every time I managed to store 5 non-crit Icicles the damage of Glacial Spike never went above 130100 meaning that Black Icicles don't increase the damage of Glacial Spike.

I am also pointing out that Ice Nine that generate 2 icicles and Critical strikes work perfectly fine in combination with GS damage.
Confirmed.

Posting a new BUG REPORT has to follow the template you get when opening a new topic or it can be instantly rejected.

Freakz Lich King 25H

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 07-11-2017, 01:28:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Fixed
0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 06 November 2017 23:28

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 12-05-2024, 05:19:10
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x