User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Paladin] Auras flagging players for pvp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs
Author Message1862
Bullygaming

[Mentally Stable]

(since 04-11-2020 18:34)

Votes: 9

Post Posted: 21-11-2017, 23:03:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=203797&&name=retribution-aura
Bug description: Retribution Aura is flagging players for pvp. It is also causing classes that are unflagged using aoe spells to become flagged.
Proof: Sorry don't have recording software installed yet. You can test in game or I can gt proof.

EDIT:: Adding proof. In video you can see the pvp WQ npc hit consencration, and immediately flags me for pvp. I couldn't find a player to attempt on. If I do I will update proof.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8b6wq57Kc:

EDIT:: Fixed topic and post to correct the actual correct spell that is causing the issue. Thank you to Elvenking for catching it also.

Last edited by Bullygaming on 28-11-2017, 21:22:10; edited 3 times in total
0 0

Elvenking

[Creep]

(since 12-07-2022 14:49)

Votes: 77

Post Posted: 23-11-2017, 16:28:47 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

You sure that it's concentration? I see you are using retribution aura and in the video right at the moment you get pvp flag your aura hits the npc (1244 dmg) too.
What i experienced is, that all auras currently flag you instantly pvp for no reason. Often i am long afk in stormwind and have aura of devotion skilled, but find myself dead with pvp disabled --> reason is my aura flags me pvp and i don't know why cuz afk.

I can't test it right now at work, but maybe let a npc only hit your aura and see if you get flag?

0 0

Bullygaming

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 23-11-2017, 18:49:03 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Yes the aura hits just after the flag for pvp.
0 0

Bullygaming

[Mentally Stable]

Post Posted: 28-11-2017, 21:18:57 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

After playing my warlock today, and noticing my soul flame hit a flagged paladin. I realized it is retribution aura flagging players for pvp. I was unflagged at the time. I have edited topic title to reflect the correct spell causing it.

More Proof::Guild mates are dueling in this video. They are flagged for pvp. I am not. Once the Retribution Aura kicks in I get flagged. Thanks to Elvenking for helping me realize my mistake.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6xPZkCTTo:

0 0

Brigadee

[Click Here!]

(since 29-01-2021 17:05)

Votes: 70

Post Posted: 29-11-2017, 01:24:33 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Oke, gonna talk a bit overhere.

1) First i will talk about what you said, "Being flagged PVP while being AFK in stormwind/orgrimmar"

-> This happens because, anytime, if a player or NPC who is flagged PVP comes near you, and your Aura affects him, you will get automatically flagged ON.
-> Proff: -> You can see, im not flagged PVP, he comes near me, PVP on.

-> Proff: -> After a relog, my aura didnt affected him yet, after a change of spec, prot>holy, my aura of mercy affected him, so i got flagged PVP instantly.

-> This is most of time happening to all kind of Auras, expection making Retribution Aura sometimes ( check 2))

2) About Retribution Aura flagging you PVP.
-> This is happening in the following situations:
a) If the players around you are dueling, but they do have PVP on aswell
Proff:

b) If a player around you, with PVP on, is attacked by a PVP flagged mob.
Proff:
Not 100% sure because couldn't test that because of #1.

-> This wont happen in the following situation:
a) If the players around you are EVEN dueling, but they got PVP off.

So, as a summary, there is something strange about paladin's Auras when they affect a PVP flagged player, flagging yourself on.

Confirmed

Holy Paladin 7.1.5 Guide

0 0

Quicksand

[Very Important Person]

(since 10-08-2020 18:56)

Votes: 183

Post Posted: 29-11-2017, 02:40:53 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Should be fixed.
1 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Quicksand, 29 November 2017 00:40

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> Trash Bin -> WOW -> Fixed / Closed bugs  

The time now is 11-05-2024, 23:05:44
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x