User
Pass
2FA

[FIXED] [Paladin][Holy] Beacon of Virtue vs Pets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs
Show only staff posts
Author Message1313
uffi

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-11-2022 19:38)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 24-02-2021, 18:05:11 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

WoW Freakz spell link: https://www.wow-freakz.com/spells.php?spell=200025&&name=beacon-of-virtue
Character name: Creamgasm
Bug description: Beacon of Virtue going on pets. Proof with BM hunter, maybe affects other pets also. (As far as i know it should always prioritize players unless initial cast was on the pet, in which case other 3 applications would go on players. In the video both casts were on party members.)
Proof: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gt6HtAOMOz8:

1 0

Pinkie

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-12-2021 01:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 24-02-2021, 21:54:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

I had a lot of trouble replicating the issue (on both ptr and live)
(I had not documented my testing process - since I was planning to replicate it - so I pray for some trust here - this is my only screenshot of it working)

Hopefully OP or someone else can provide more proof or tell me more about the circumstances under which this issue occurs and how often it happens
For the time being, thank you for the report and I hope the issue does not ruin your game

1 0

uffi

[Mentally Stable]

(since 08-11-2022 19:38)

Votes: 3

Post Posted: 26-02-2021, 14:21:00 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

After playing a bit more i think that if pet hp% is lower than player hp% it will go on pets.
Also in siege of boralus there are some friendly NPC that have no use and beacon goes on them instead of players (cus they are fighting enemy npcs - im talking about 50k HP ones, the useless ones, but still if they are on low hp% they steal beacon).

I was thinking a bit and i really have trouble finding a legitimate reason why would it target NPCs at all. Just can't seem to find a scenario where i would be like "Oh thanks beacon for doing that."
Also if i'm right about the hp% thing i would still prefer it going on players instead of pets. I enabled tracking pets in my party frames so i can manually heal them now. (ps: sometimes beacon goes on hatti also, pet that i can not even track and that for sure has lower value than main pet, not even comparable to player value). They lose HP when whole party is about to lose it also, but the problem is they go down way faster, so in any scenario where pets and party take damage it will go on pets more likely than not cus they are squishier.

I again played with BM hunter when i noticed those things.
This may be only me but i would not have a problem with it going on players only. -

ps: i also didnt have any scenarios where it screwed me over (caused a wipe), mainly cus i can deal with it and i notice those things in small keys when i can look around and focus on things other than fight, its just kind of a waste, when next patch comes and 3x glimmer comes into play we wont even play virtue that much (at least me), and i pitty people that play it in raids, so as far as im concerned you can close the topic if it's too troublesome to fix/invest time in it, cus i'm pretty sure there are bugs way more gamebreaking than this)

Cheers!

0 0

Anabolic

[Dizalica]

(since 20-03-2024 15:53)

Votes: 23

Post Posted: 01-03-2021, 11:30:31 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Ye this is a bug because Beacon should never prioritize pets unless all the players in party are full HP, idk if on Pinkies SS pet was full HP since warlock was and in that case both of them are full HP which means player>pet which is correct. But also in your video you can see first time it went on pets because players were full HP and second time for some reason it went on pets again even though players weren't full HP but like I said it should always be player>pet unless players are full HP and pets aren't at least this is how we made it in Legion because there was exact same bug.
0 0

Pinkie

[Mentally Stable]

(since 05-12-2021 01:19)

Votes: 4

Post Posted: 01-03-2021, 21:10:29 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

After some mild investigation I found out that it does indeed prefer pets if the pets are a lower percentage HP than the players avilable (in short, you were ight uffi)

I have some, albeit bad, screenshots to provide
On the first screenshot we see a beacon on the paladin and one on me, one on the warlock pet and another thrown into the aether (have not a clue what the last target was), beacon has target the warlock pet even though there are enough player candidates in range
You could argue that I have taken the screenshot too late (3 seconds after casting) and I can not refute that that (yet?)

On the second screenshot we can actually count all the beacons, albeit also very late, we can see beacon on the DK's ghoul

(For this test I had damaged a pet using .damage to half health so it is safe to assume both pets were at 50% at the time of cast)

Confirmed
Trello

Last edited by Pinkie on 01-03-2021, 21:40:57; edited 2 times in total
0 0

FreakzStaff

[Administrator]

(since 03-05-2021 16:06)

Post Posted: 30-03-2021, 22:00:01 | Translate post to: ... (Click for more languages)

Issue is now fixed and moved to Fixed Bugs.

Trello Card Link : https://trello.com/c/ZbGBnLJ5/543-paladin-beacon-of-virtue-vs-pets

0 0

Topic locked

Topic is closed, you cannot post any messages in it anymore

Locked by Pinkie, 01 March 2021 19:14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Freakz Forum Index -> WoW Freakz - Shadowlands -> Bug Report -> Fixed bugs  

The time now is 24-04-2024, 16:53:59
Copyright info

Based on phpBB ro/com
B

I forgot my password

This message appears only once, so
like us now until it's too late ! :D
x